TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I do think the 4/30 COA is a little bit too much...although have we seen where the change was made to?

I don't believe GP submitted the COA personally, and we know for him to get a copy in the mail it had to have been completed online (hope they checked the date and time stamp and possible ISP), since GP left her license and CC's at the house when she left.

Speculative, even if she did, maybe Best Buy showed her something when she dropped off the security thingy maybe before/after she met up with Arlene, then left it for Arlene to p/up once a copy was made.

What if GP told MP what she knew at one point or he found out she had information that could hurt his career, family life, and I don't mean the alledged affair JMHO!

Beyond popular belief, not all executives are ethical dealing with the Government <gasp>. Then the rest is a mystery...but where is Gail?

(Only facts we know are that the security/dvd recorder was picked up by Arlene at Best Buy as proven by documents from MP).

The husband of a missing Signal Mountain woman filed court papers Wednesday to dismiss his attempt to legally separate from his wife.

Matthew Palmgren also dismissed motions seeking temporary custody of their two children and exclusive use of their Signal Mountain home, according to Hamilton County Chancery Court documents.

No one has seen or heard from Palmgren&#8217;s wife, 44-year-old Gail Nowacki Palmgren, since April 30. Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed the motions in court May 6.

&#8220;The case can be refiled at pretty much any point in the future,&#8221; said Bryan Hoss, attorney for Matthew Palmgren. &#8220;Nobody loses anything because it&#8217;s voluntary.&#8221;

Hoss said the motions were necessary initially because his client wanted to make sure the children, ages 9 and 12, completed their school year.

&#8220;The fear before was she could appear and take the kids out of school,&#8221; Hoss said. &#8220;If and when she does reappear, it&#8217;s one of those things we can refile and get in front of the same judge rather quickly.&#8221;

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011...sband-dismisses-custody-motions/?breakingnews

If Bryan Hoss is a neighbor of the Palmgren's, and also a friend...if he knew them on a personal level,as some local posters have been suggesting, it seems like he'd have an idea of Gail's personality and mental state and just exactly how truthful MP is being about her mental condition, i.e. was there REALLY a fear that she would appear and take the kids out of school, for example? Or was this just "spin"?

Not sure what I am getting at! Just that he might know if someone is not telling the truth??

Actually, I do think the 4/30 COA is a little bit too much...although have we seen where the change was made to?

Neither LE nor the husband ever gave the allegedly new address from the Post Office card. Perhaps she changed it to a PO box, or maybe she just routed some mail to the home in Alabama? But we don't have that information yet.

<snipped for space>
Again my point is that IMO this is what in the end is the undoing of a "husbands" plot to disappear his wife permanently...

:)

This is exactly what I thought...didn't see your post before I posted!

I'm new here but had a few questions-
Since MP dropped everything, does that mean they aren't going to court tomorrow? Which makes me wonder if he's afraid of information that her family has that could harm him.

Thoughts about the car:
I'm local and it would be very hard to drive off the Mtn. without someone seeing at noon on a Saturday.
I am curious about the possibility of hiding the jeep in all the storm damage. I haven't been to see, but it seems like everyone's stuff is gone or mixed up. Could a person dump a jeep there or are there too many people around?

Where do you think it it could be hidden? Other locals from Signal Mountain have said there wasn't much damage up there.

Red Bank, maybe, but it's probably been mostly cleared up - fallen trees and power lines.

Now out here in the eastern part of the County there is alot of cleaning up going on, but no one could hide a red jeep under a pile of firewood, and because of all the people driving around in the area, someone would have spotted the jeep even out on the country roads. Most people are burning brush or shredding branches in wood chippers.

Between where I live and Ringgold, Ga, the police have been closing some of the roads to sight-seers on the weekends at the request of the families who feel exposed by the storm. Some buildings were blown right off their foundations. There wasn't enough left to hide anything. :(

If Bryan Hoss is a neighbor of the Palmgren's, and also a friend...if he knew them on a personal level,as some local posters have been suggesting, it seems like he'd have an idea of Gail's personality and mental state and just exactly how truthful MP is being about her mental condition, i.e. was there REALLY a fear that she would appear and take the kids out of school, for example? Or was this just "spin"?

Not sure what I am getting at! Just that he might know if someone is not telling the truth??

I do not know Palmgrens at all, and hopefully never insinuated I did. I do know Lee Davis and Bryan Hoss enough to know them as good aquaintances, and they are good attorneys if in need, but let's just say if 'bird's of a feather, flock together' then truth has nothing to do with it, nor would it matter, unfortunately. Speculating, Hoss may have found MORE information as the investigation is revealed and thought...:back:

Regardless of what MP's involvment is in this case, it was all about him, IMHO.

I do not know Palmgrens at all, and hopefully never insinuated I did. I do know Lee Davis and Bryan Hoss enough to know them as good aquaintances, and they are good attorneys if in need, but let's just say if 'bird's of a feather, flock together' then truth has nothing to do with it, nor would it matter, unfortunately. Speculating, Hoss may have found MORE information as the investigation is revealed and thought...:back:

happy409, I wasn't thinking of you when I posted that. Actually I wasn't referring to sleuthers knowing the Palmgrens. I thought that someone on this board said that Hoss and the Palmgrens were neighbors.

I said that if Hoss was a neighbor of the Palmgren's then he could very well have an idea of how truthful MP is being about Gail's mental state. In other words, he would have met the Palmgren's socially possibly, and had an impression of her--and him. Is that a little clearer?

On further thought, after I posted that, I had the same thought as you: the truth has nothing to do with it anyway. He's a lawyer being paid big bucks to defend someone. Period. And like the little icon in your post is doing...he's backpedaling!!

Does anyone one have an idea of his typical retainer fee? That is usually a good indication of what he was actually hired to do. Let's say he was retained for 5000 or so...well that is a nice round retainer for a divorce that might be contested I would think. If his retainer is 50K, well then I would be scratching my head on his purpose...didnt Terri Horman hire a big defense atty...Houze I think? His retainer was astronomical.

I hasten to add that I am not comparing the two cases-it just popped into my head.

happy409, I wasn't thinking of you when I posted that. Actually I wasn't referring to sleuthers knowing the Palmgrens. I thought that someone on this board said that Hoss and the Palmgrens were neighbors.

I said that if Hoss was a neighbor of the Palmgren's then he could very well have an idea of how truthful MP is being about Gail's mental state. In other words, he would have met the Palmgren's socially possibly, and had an impression of her--and him. Is that a little clearer?

On further thought, after I posted that, I had the same thought as you: the truth has nothing to do with it anyway. He's a lawyer being paid big bucks to defend someone. Period. And like the little icon in your post is doing...he's backpedaling!!

BBM - Never thought that at all, but I wanted to be clear of my perceptions of those I did know, and to what extent, that was all. And knowing who I do, the rest of the answer transpired! :peace:

BBM - Never thought that at all, but I wanted to be clear of my perceptions of those I did know, and to what extent, that was all. And knowing who I do, the rest of the answer transpired! :peace:

Thanks for clearing that up!

FYI ~ Please notice that there have been NEWLY UPDATED flyers/posters placed on the BGHN facebook page for download. The NEW ones have her D.O.B and her N.C.I.C #.

Along with other legals problems encountered with having a missing spouse....finances becomes a sticky problem also.

I don't know the laws in TN surrounding something like this, but, is there anyway he could legally divorce GP and have the assets divided...without waiting? Troubling..to the point of scary. Curious. Abandonment-- under the circumstances may run into quite a bit of problems. Would he have to wait 7 years?

There's not much out there on the web....at least in Utah...when I tried to check on the Susan Cox Powell case. He moved to another state and rented the house.

I am vexed between him not really wanting a divorce...1. .just for GP to keep her eyes closed and 2...getting dirty...trying to discount her as an unstable person since he had already been playing in it.

ETA: Desertion or abandonment:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/desertion

I am having a hard time believing that this bright ted Jeep Rubicon, with custom license plates as well as custom tire cover on the back have yet to have been located.. Because if it were to be compared to something such as " a needle in a haystack".. Well... Ill just say that it the biggest, most colorful, hardest to be miss in any way, needle that i have ever seen..

And the only conclusion that i come up with(at this point)is that IMO SOME point after 12:15 of the 30th Gail was most likely killed and then as we know Matt did not report her missing for a full 2 days later on the 2nd. And i full well believe, as some others here, that even then when he reported her missing on the 2nd was only because of prodding from Gail's family..

Therefor between The afternoon/evening of the 30th all the way to 2 full daya later the 2nd.. That is more than enough time to thorougly rid, dispose, hide, or even destroy Gail's Jeep..

Resulting in what I believe us much like whats happened in the Hailey Dunn case.. With her "supposed" to have gone missing early afternoon of the 27th.. She still wasnt reported til evening of 28th.. Ans not only do mist of us believe that the was plenty of time to dispose/hide Haileys remains thoroughly.. But also that its most likely tbat she actually "disappeared" on the 26th.. Thus giving the guilty perps 2 full days ahead of LE getting involved..

Same, too here with Gail.. The perps having such an extreme jump ahead og investigators makes finding their bodies or the important evidence tying them to the crime or atleast proving that there was even crime..

I pray that justice prevail and the good outwit the evil in their manipulative and coniving ways that tbus far have kept them above the law and basically walkkng the strrets a free man.. Literally getting away with murder!!!

Can any locals comment on whether or not Matt has relationship or any ties to the local authorities and/or local government persons???

I am in no way maki g any sort of accusation but just rather curious if he has friemds and fam members in local government offices or positions.

TIA..

I know we have had a lot of discussion re the notification of change of address, but I am confused how MP was notified re change of PIN numbers. I don&#8217;t know if there is a difference between practices of financial institution in the USA compared to Australia but I know there is no way I would have been notified if my husband had changed anything re accounts in his name and he if I made changes to any of my account details.
When they say PIN numbers does that refer to the number you use to use the card or does that refer to the number/password to log into the account online to do online banking.
Link to where it says about him receiving the notifications etc http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

Just a few thoughts that are my own, this is in no way facts nor been reported any where.
Did Gail leave the cards behind when she left Friday, it sounds like she was leaving under what we would say were stressful circumstances. Could this have triggered the return trip the next day, as she had been leaving important papers etc with friends, would she have thought it was important enough to travel back home if she had left behind credit cards.

While Gail was away did MP start checking around and find things like passport missing so did he try to check balances of her accounts and discovered the change (I knew my ex&#8217;s pin numbers to his accounts/cards and him mine during our marriage because we told each other those details). Did this send up a red flag to him that Gail was getting well prepared for divorce.

Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it, it has just been bugging me how he would have been the one notified re her account changes. Also if this post contains anything it shouldn&#8217;t, could one of the mods delete it for me please. (Very new at this posting stuff)

I haven't heard anything about a security DVD in the news- maybe I missed it. Was it from a system in their house?

Hi looking4lost! It's mentioned in one of the videos here:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557

Arlene, Gail's friend who lives near Gail's AL lake house home, has a DVR of Gail's that she picked up from Best Buy. Matt sent Arlene a letter asking for the DVR back because it was marital property. I can't remember if we knew about the DVR before, hopefully someone else here will know.

I haven't heard anything about a security DVD in the news- maybe I missed it. Was it from a system in their house?

I have the transcript of the video posted on the News Thread and I keep the link in my signature.

Glorias: No, we didn't know anything about this before the video came out.

But here's the quote:

Alabama Police Join Search Part One

Reporter Starnes: Durham says she was helping Gail begin the divorce process and each week Gail would send her documents to hold on to. (Showing Arlene Durham holding documents).

Arlene Durham: "She knew if I had it, it was safe."

Starnes: Durham received a letter from Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren, demanding that all items belonging to the family be returned and banning her from the Palmgren's lakefront property. She says she has also been asked not to "complicate" the search for Gail.

Letter from Matt Palmgren to Arlene Durham:

May 17 (date fuzzy on video) , 2011

RE: Return of Property
Via: Hand Delivery
Arlene: It is my understanding that you are in possession of a Security System DVR that you picked up from Best Buy in Pratville, AL, on May 2, 2011. This is my property. Please give this DVR Mike Mathis, who is the private investigator whom I have hired on my behalf. I have asked Mr. Mathis to deliver this letter to you.

Further, if you should have any other property that belongs to me or to Gail, please give the same to Mike Mathis as well.

Sincerely, Matthew Palmgren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members