TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, article I read was early this morning. Before reports of blood analysis . LE, IMO, is just concerned over the health and well-being of the volunteers. If you have people passing out, it's time to call a time out. JMO.

I'm definately watching NG tonight if she is interviewing the family..

I read in the Jackson, TN news today that people have actually "passed out", due to searching, heat, health issues etc., They most likely had the stop due to these issues, as, there will be no volunteer searches tomorrow in order to give them a rest. Probably concerned they may be stretching the physical limits of the wonderful volunteers.

But I read they had to turn away hundreds? Can't they bring some of those folks in? How about the military (ie, Hailey Dunn).

People (although not many) still search for Hailey everyday. I just can't see turning away all of them.

hugs,

Mel

BTW, article I read was early this morning. Before reports of blood analysis . LE, IMO, is just concerned over the health and well-being of the volunteers. If you have people passing out, it's time to call a time out. JMO.

So you read an article this morning saying the search was being called off tomorrow?

this is gather... but interesting take on the 4 hour halt yesterday

Holly Bobo remains missing as of noon, 4/20/2011, and investigators are continuing with another day of roadblocks to try to find out any new information about the girl's disappearance. Yesterday, roadblocks were halted for four hours due to rough weather conditions that made it difficult for searchers to continue. However, there could be other reasons for the halt in searching yesterday such as new evidence and leads that haven't been discussed. The roadblocks continued today.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979246595

Sorry if this has been covered...I haven't read all the threads. Do we know how far her brother was from where she was dragged out? I don't understand if he saw her being dragged out, why not run out or drive his car/atv as soon as he saw her being dragged off? Also, has it been confirmed that the brother saw her being dragged out but proceeded to eat his bowl of cereal before calling the cops? I can't discern what are rumors and what is fact. I am not trying to speak ill of the brother. I am just trying to understand why he didn't try to run after her if he saw the abduction.

But I read they had to turn away hundreds? Can't they bring some of those folks in? How about the military (ie, Hailey Dunn).

People (although not many) still search for Hailey everyday. I just can't see turning away all of them.

hugs,

Mel

Agreed. If it's bad they can use new people to search. I don't think resting the volunteers is the reason the search has been called off tomororw, it's because they are regrouping and rethinking their case and their leads. Possibly due to the blood results being back or other found evidence.

People, really, searchers are sick and passing out. They've been onging for a week. LE is concerned for health and wellfare, not to mention liability, regardless of waivers. It's PR any way you look at it. Searchers were sick and passing out yesterday. Today LE issues a statement that search will be called off for volunteers only, (LE will continue on searches), for tomorrow ONLY, so volunteers may rest. NO secret meanings here. They are concerned some volunteers may be over stretching themselves.

They should segregate the group by fitness level, with the A Team being Army reservists, athletes, and young people in good physical condition. These people could be sent in on the deep woods searches.

The B Team, composed of the middle aged and slightly overweight people, could be used on less demanding searches.

The C Team, made up of the elderly, the morbidly obese, and people with known health problems, could be utilized on limited searches such as roadsides.

By keeping everyone in one group, people who can continue searching are being held back by those who need a break. I bet some of them are chomping at the bit, wanting to search and are frustrated about having to take a break.

People, really, searchers are sick and passing out. They've been onging for a week. LE is concerned for health and wellfare, not to mention liability, regardless of waivers. It's PR any way you look at it. Searchers were sick and passing out yesterday. Today LE issues a statement that search will be called off for volunteers only, (LE will continue on searches), for tomorrow ONLY, so volunteers may rest. NO secret meanings here. They are concerned some volunteers may be over stretching themselves.

I understand but the initial reason given for the day off was to allow LE to regroup, per Nunley'sTwitter:

willnunley Will Nunley
THP: public volunteers will likely not be used tomorrow, as investigators 'regroup' and explore new leads. #hollybobo
5 hours ago

Probably not related but

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27615701/detail.html
A convicted felon was arrested last Friday after he stole from at least 47 south Nashville homes over the past eight to 10 months, according to a Metro police news release.

He was previously convicted of aggravated assault in 2009, for which he received an eight-year probated sentence, aggravated burglary in 1998, 1999 and 2002 and facilitation of aggravated assault in 1995.

semantics...

but I do not believe the search is being "called off"

rather civillian searchers are not needed tomorrow so LE can "regroup" and follow new leads

will tweets that searchers are needed friday and thru the weekend

((((jmhoo but they are most likely developing new search areas based on leads, forensics, areas already cleared, etc...))))

I sure hope Holly is found soon...

I can't imagine knowing the blood is Holly's would cause them to regroup; I think they probably assumed it was anyway, and we don't know either way. Why stop searching because of results from the blood, no matter whose it is?

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
hoping for some new info tonight :praying:

Sorry if this has been covered...I haven't read all the threads. Do we know how far her brother was from where she was dragged out? I don't understand if he saw her being dragged out, why not run out or drive his car/atv as soon as he saw her being dragged off? Also, has it been confirmed that the brother saw her being dragged out but proceeded to eat his bowl of cereal before calling the cops? I can't discern what are rumors and what is fact. I am not trying to speak ill of the brother. I am just trying to understand why he didn't try to run after her if he saw the abduction.

Basically forget the word dragged. He saw her, out of the corner of his eye, walking into the woods with someone who he thought was her b/f, who was seemingly holding her arm or hand. Thats why he was not too excited. He only got concerned later when he went outside and saw the blood.

THP: public volunteers will likely not be used tomorrow, as investigators 'regroup' and explore new leads per will nunley http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley 5 hours ago

so I take that to possibly mean......LE will still be "regrouping" and searching to "explore new leads".
Hopefully we have some locals that will watch the local news....and thanks in advance to those the transcribe NG for us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken