IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are releasing footage of the car that tells me that don't know who it belongs toand that would know all the makes and models of the cars of the 10 POI's .So what does this mean?

If they are releasing footage of the car that tells me that don't know who it belongs toand that would know all the makes and models of the cars of the 10 POI's .So what does this mean?

1. POI borrowed the car from any number of friends.

2. Stranger abduction

3. Vehicle had nothing to do with any of it.

OK, I had found a FB page called 10th and College and all they had listed on it were bars :)

As far as the phone call at 4:15 from JR's phone...do we know where the guy who was called lived? Would he have had to drive back to JR's if asked? Does anyone know?

Also, I read somewhere that JW lived 10 blocks away. Does anybody know where? I hope they get camera footage from all directions from his house to Lauren's supposed last location. TIA

Btown, I just wanted to thank you so much for all of the visuals and the time you spent getting them.

I'm a very visual person, and I like to understand the areas that we are talking about. Your efforts do not go unnoticed, and I'm sure everyone here appreciates what you're doing to help all of the rest of us understand the area.

Big BIG thanks!

There are so many cameras on various different streets, pointing in various directions. If something happened outside on one of these streets, it's almost like we would definitely see it.

Ugh, where is Lauren?!?!

@BTown

On the pic that is labeled Almost back to Morton St.Are those windows that can open up into the alley?The ones at the very bottom.Do you have any idea if mostly college students live along those paths or locals too? Great pics by the way

In a previous post, I put pictures of the alley that runs from 9th St. to 11th Street, between Morton St., and College Ave.

Also, a post of pictures of the 10th & College Ave. area.

Pictures of some of the alley cameras/

Pictures of the area between 10th and 11th street between Morton St, and College Ave. fucused on looking for a handrail, since thats where her keys were reported to have been found.

And an unprofessional, hacked together attempt at a "map", for a visual aid. :lol:

I have a few more pictures now.
Starting at 9th Street in front of Bubs, behind Smallwood, looking North on Morton toward 10th, & 11th St. You can follow along on Google Street View. There is nothing to see on the west side of the street, (farthest from Smallwood).

There is an empty lot at the corner of 9th & Morton, then the first building is an apartment complex named Morton Mansions at 10th and Morton St. with for lease signs, cameras pointing to the parking lot, which is toward Smallwood and College, One camera at the main entrance, and more in the distance on the next building.
24c8n60.jpg

At the corner of 10th & Morton, I looked East up 10th, toward College Ave. There are 6 Cameras. The far building on the left with cameras is 10 & College Apartments.
2cftthj.jpg

Continuing North on Morton, are 3 more cameras on 10th & College Village apartment building.
2v9rk02.jpg

Further North on Morton, another camera at the main entrance to 10th & College Village apartment building.
m8hau8.jpg

Just North of that, a glimpse inside 10th & College Village apartment building.
noyrl5.jpg

Still on Morton, a little farther North. Another Camera. North West corner of the 10th & College Village apartment building.
294s9xt.jpg

Looking East up the alley beside 10th & College Village apartment, eastward toward College Ave.
hrj695.jpg

Continuing East up the alley toward College Ave. The 2 guys in the alley were changing a light bulb on the 10 & College apartments building, at College Ave. I asked them about the bulb, and they said it didn't fix it, that it must be a bad fixture. The could not say if it was functioning when Lauren went missing.
img00178201106141726.jpg

The North East side of 10th & College Apartments alongside the alley. There is the camera I missed in my first post about 10th & College.
2n0rcp5.jpg

The cameras view, facing south.
2u3v4lf.jpg

Looking eastward up alley across College Ave.
2ywu3va.jpg

Further up the alley across College Ave. Looking westward, back at 10th & College Apartments.
2vbogpc.jpg

Moving back toward Morton, facing west on the alley
img00180201106141727.jpg

Almost back to Morton St.
aorscm.jpg

More later moving up to 5 North Apartments, where the boys live, then down College Ave., back toward Smallwood.

Great work. Let's make life easy on ourselves. There are cameras everywhere. Unless police are holding back (why would they?) or somehow another video of LS does exist and has yet to be unearthed, we can assume she didn't leave on foot. And I don't think they went out for a joy ride considering the time and shape they probably were in. Sadly, I think LS went into that apartment complex and was taken out in a car and was taken somewhere and dumped.

Btwon, you better watch out. Next time we know police will be looking for you as a suspicious person circling the area.
:floorlaugh:

coltsgal-I had the same thought. It really looks like a ton of cameras to me and I cannot believe someone would be so lucky to just miss being caught shoving her into a car.

By the way, I believe at the beginning of the case they said one of the cameras showed her and someone else doing "activity" at one point. Was the activity ever defined or other person she was with named? Or was that just faulty reporting?

I'm not familiar with the area, just the maps posted, but from the maps,
it looks like Lauren would only have to walk a short distance from JR's to get picked up by the cameras.

To me, that would make a stranger abduction even more unlikely, because if she didn't get picked up by cameras on the way home, someone either got her right outside of JR's house (which he said he watched her for a short time) or she never left those buildings.

@BTown

On the pic that is labeled Almost back to Morton St.Are those windows that can open up into the alley?The ones at the very bottom.Do you have any idea if mostly college students live along those paths or locals too?

IDK for sure about the windows. They look like the kind that open, but the screen stays in place. I could take a better look another time.

Yes this is almost exclusively student housing.

Revisiting the possibility of Lauren being in a car. Do any of the apartment buildings where she was supposed to be at have indoor parking?

I would also hope that if indoor parking exists, that the garage has cameras as well.

With a small window of time and all those camera's I just don't see how she could be snatched up.My question remains did she even make that walk home?

Revisiting the possibility of Lauren being in a car. Do any of the apartment buildings where she was supposed to be at have indoor parking?

I would also hope that if indoor parking exists, that the garage has cameras as well.

Yes. Excellent question!
10th & College
Although my map doesn't reflect it, because I don't have an overhead view of it, (you can see the entrance on the 10th St. side in some of the pics).
Dunno about cameras

10th & College Village.
Pics didn't come out, the garage is entered from the alley that runs from Smallwood to 11th St. Between College Ave, and Morton St.
Dunno about cameras

SmallWood
Multi Story
The entrance is on 9th St.
The Exit is on 8th St. facing the Courthouse / Jail.
Mutiple Cameras

I would think most parking garages would have good security and camera's in case of break in or robbery

Btown, I want to thank you again for the photos. :bow: Great job! :rocker: I think we should include them in any new threads (and I hope there won't be many). I'll find out the best way to do that.

Btown, I'm trying to locate JW's frat house on the map, so I can see where he lives in proportion to the other locations. Do you know where it is, and would it be possible for you to add it to the wikimapia?

Btown, I want to thank you again for the photos. :bow: Great job! :rocker: I think we should include them in any new threads (and I hope there won't be many). I'll find out the best way to do that.

I was gone from WS for a while, and came back for this case. What is the criteria for a case to get it's own forum?

Just curious, because the pics can all be posted if this case gets its own forum. Which I actually hope doesn't happen due to her being found soon.

All these camera's pointing in every direction and yet she has vanished,I just don't get it.

Also, why call the Rohn guy? Why couldn't they have called Tamir?

Lots of people have been asking that...I have mutual friends with my roommates but sometimes I don't have their number despite knowing them for a couple of years. Sometimes due to changing my phone/losing my phone and not getting the numbers transferred correctly. Let's say my friend's name is Adam and my roommate Sarah and I are both friends with him...but she's closer to Adam than I am and she is normally the one who texts him to see if he wants to hang out/go out/come over...so I've never felt the need to store his number. Could be that JR was much closer to LS so he never put HT's number in his phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa