Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. He deserves no due process for abusing a child. Unfortunately, the legal system doesn't agree.

My question was to frame the defamation suit response. Some people ARE falsely accused.

The results of this gj show that's not the case... No one KNEW that for certain. Hindsight... It's so, so clear.

Yes people knew for certain. McQueary knew for certain and Paterno was told by McQueary and they saw the freak every day for 9 years knowing for certain nothing was done to him for raping a little boy.

Sorry, I didn't see this part before. Would you sit back and do nothing while the world hurled it's accusations at you knowing somehow this was destined to be your fault?

As I said, I will eat crow WHEN more becomes available. For now, the solid evidence to make the leap and imply his guilt in anything isn't there.

Tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't make a statement saying I was shocked about something I'd known for more than a decade.

But then again, that was kinda the point of my post....

Umm wouldn't that be a conflict of interest??? The judge should excuse himself from the case!!!

Can it get any worse????

Can you imagine? Conflict of interest is going to be a theme... Can we get a change of venue? Perhaps another state? Another country? When we run out of PA officials citing conflict of interest, can a PA case be tried in another jurisdiction?

She should have recused herself immediately. I hope they investigate her now!

I think this is going to keep happening, since that charity was so popular in that area.

But all day I've been thinking of those home movies they've shown on the news of Sandusky frolicing with the Second Mile boys, with a huge smile on his face.

Someone should email the videos to that judge's office, because she obviously missed them. Dear Judge, please check the NBC News website.

Can you imagine? Conflict of interest is going to be a theme... Can we get a change of venue? Perhaps another state? Another country? When we run out of PA officials citing conflict of interest, can a PA case be tried in another jurisdiction?
Well if the AG of the US could stop his gun running operation to the drug cartels in Mexico for a little while he would have enough time to maybe appoint an investigation in the matter.

It is becoming clear there will be no justice Sandusky will be dead before a trial is ever completed. I can see someone taking out Paterno too. IMO

When this freak finished his workout in the team's weight room a couple of weeks ago, wonder if he used the showers?

Wonder if Paterno or McQueary checked to make sure he was in there alone?

Naaaa....probably not.

Sorry, I didn't see this part before. Would you sit back and do nothing while the world hurled it's accusations at you knowing somehow this was destined to be your fault?

As I said, I will eat crow WHEN more becomes available. For now, the solid evidence to make the leap and imply his guilt in anything isn't there.

Legal guilt or the moral equivilent? I think it is well known that he is not in a legal bind at this point given the information the grand jury had at the time. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hard to say about the future until this story finishes unfolding and I just have a feeling we are no where near that...

I do think the question as to "what would you do if you a.) saw a child being raped by an adult, or b.) had someone inform you that this happened on your watch" has been asked and answered by this group of men. JMVHO

The curious case of a 2012 recruit and Jerry Sandusky
Posted by John Taylor on November 12, 2011, 9:16 AM EST
Gerald "Jerry" Sandusky AP

Of all the stories that have surfaced in the week since the grand jury’s presentment of a 40-count indictment on Jerry Sandusky, this one is right up there with the most mind-boggling.

In an interview with WYFF-TV in Greenville, South Carolina high school linebacker Adam Ah Ching claims that Sandusky visited him earlier this year during spring football drills. That alleged visit from Sandusky came months after the Greer High School senior claimed to have received recruiting letters from Penn State, presumably from Mike McQueary, the Nittany Lions wide receivers coach/recruiting coordinator who is now on paid administrative leave.

“[Sandusky] came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,” Ah Ching said in regards to the man who was charged with sexually abusing eight children a week ago today.

Ah Ching’s high school coach, Will Young, told the TV station that “he is not aware anyone representing Penn State attended a spring game.” On his Twitter account Friday evening, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review‘s Joe Starkey tweeted that “Greer H.S. athletic director Travis Perry strongly denies that Sandusky was ever at Adam Ah Ching’s practice or games.” The station writes Ah Ching stands by his story, that Sandusky was in the stands for the spring game at his high school.

Penn State has not returned emails requesting comment on what official or unofficial involvement, if any, Sandusky may have had with this recruit specifically or recruiting in general over the past several years.

The Associated Press subsequently reported that “Sandusky attended a football camp for Polynesian players in Utah over the summer and urged all in attendance to play for Paterno.” Ah Ching was in attendance at that camp, which included coaches from 30 universities representing, among other conferences, the ACC, Big East and Pac-12.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...us-case-of-a-2012-recruit-and-jerry-sandusky/

No doubt in my mind Paterno sent the freak to Utah

Sorry we don't want to talk about that............lawsuits you know in case the freak raped little boys while he was visiting.

Penn State has not returned emails requesting comment on what official or unofficial involvement, if any, Sandusky may have had with this recruit specifically or recruiting in general over the past several years.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...us-case-of-a-2012-recruit-and-jerry-sandusky/

Sorry we don't want to talk about that............lawsuits you know in case the freak raped little boys while he was visiting.

The Penn State spokesman yesterday in the post game interview was asked the same question about whether Sandusky has continued to be involved with recruiting and that person, also, declined to answer the question. The fact that he could not say ABSOLUTELY NOT gives the real answer in itself.

jmo

At lunch today someone said that the media was sure doing a smear job on poor old JoePa. I let loose with both barrels and enlightened him on some of the actual facts and statements. As I got louder and angrier I was wondering if I was about to alienate a whole table of coworkers. Once one joined in on my side all the rest did too. Ummmm....let’s just say we made our point. Young man apologized for making an uninformed statement.

I'm late to this thread although I have been following the story. I am repulsed by those people who spat on, cursed at and threatened John Matko who had the guts and ba!!s to stand out in front of the stadium and be a voice for all the kids molested and then abandoned by all the adults who should have protected them. Matko is a hero. A real hero and a real man. Those vile humans who tried to run him out should be horsewhipped.

See, I knew this was going to get bigger and more complicated!!! People like Sandusky just don't stop and walk away, not when they have so much confidence that no one cares what they do. :maddening:

And what a great representative of this university.

This is new. From Comcast's home page tonight:

Judge reportedly had ties to Sandusky

The judge who ordered former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail worked as a volunteer for his charity, The Second Mile, Deadspin reported Sunday

**more at link**

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles...Penn-State-Scandal-Jerry-Sandusky-Judge-Ties/
Yes, see my post 226 from last night. I think this judge should have recused herself because this is made of wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam