LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE says truck 'turned onto Landry right behind Mickey'. These two frames are very close, but can't convey speed. Mickey appears stopped. I calculated her MPH at 20-24 MPH before she stopped.

l.gif
OK in your shot IMO the driver's side door is OPEN! The truck IS stopped!
moo

I have never seen that! And hope I do not see those in person.

They are against the law in some states. May sound funny but I really think that is what is seen. A few threads back I posted this and everyone ignored me. Sounds a bit far fetched but people do have them.

a) shadow from the passenger side mirror
b) blood? a weapon? paint, motor oil?

If the truck hit the bike and simultaneously slammed on its brakes, then that might explain the bike being there.

But not Mickey. Unless, of course, she was buckled (or otherwise fastened) to the bike...

Had Mickey been hit from behind, her inertia would have continued moving forward.

Given the fact that in the frame we are shown, there is no truck visible; and in the subsequent frame, the supposed "Mickey" figures have moved (by your estimates) only one foot...it simply does not compute. The truck would have to be traveling at an excessively high rate of speed relative to the posted speed limit, and then...coming to a halt, without screeching (because there are no skid marks on the street), thus stopping the bike...but sending Mickey forward.

I'm sorry, I didn't graduate from one of those schools that teaches that the Loch Ness Monster is real, so I'm just not able to buy this line of thinking.

As for the phantom Mickey others are seeing? That's no more Mickey than it is Jesus-on-toast. I'm not going to get into the business of proving a negative, because no one here has proven the affirmative. It's merely a gratuitous assertion and, as such, can easily be countered with an equal-and-opposite gratuitous assertion.

and if she is stopped as I think she is in the video still of her? She doesn't As do at least one other avid cyclist and one other photo editing guru do also? In that scenario, the truck rolls up behind her in within the next few seconds or minute and hits her at approximately 15mph. She latches onto the bike, but is pushed forward, and under the nose? The front bumper hits her head as she goes under the nose in between the two tires.. possible?

OK in your shot IMO the driver's side door is OPEN! The truck IS stopped!
moo

I definitely see the driver's door is open, and the truck appears to be stopped (bright rear lights). Very interesting, since there are no more sightings of Mickey, right? Now I don't know what to think.

It's my opinion that either they cannot capture a still a few feet further because of what happened at this spot or because the camera only takes video once a minute.
BBM

respectfully snipped

Agreed. Especially the latter. I think it only takes a shot in intervals like traffic cameras. I believe that because all other cameras installed and monitored by them are the same way.

I want so badly to see whatever is in those blown up stills, I really do. But I can't.

what you ought to be seeing is a continuation of the smooth white lines of the truck. No black trim on this rig. but there is an interruption in the smooth lines of the truck, and it's extreme. It's also the least lit area of the entire image.
l.jpg

l.jpg

OOps, forgot to attach... am I wrong? close?

Maybe I killed too many brain cells studying the pics but in the pic of the truck going in the opposite direction, I think it looks like the truck is stopped and someone is on the ground, on their knees, looking under the truck near the front driver side wheel. As if maybe the bike caused something to rub or grind so they got out to look.

LE says truck 'turned onto Landry right behind Mickey'. These two frames are very close, but can't convey speed. Mickey appears stopped. I calculated her MPH at 20-24 MPH before she stopped.

l.gif

It always gives me cold shivers when I see this animation, but I still don't believe things happened this way. Do you notice the distortion in Mickey's front tire? There's a similar distortion in the video still near the front tire of the truck. I really don't believe that the truck hit her at speed, because she would have certainly been thrown head-first over the handlebars of her bike and landed well in front of the truck. It's much more likely that she was nudged from behind or to the side just enough to make her fall over and become trapped by her bike, while the perp(s) grabbed her. It's just my opinion of course. I really feel strongly that someone premeditated her abduction, because Mickey was known to travel this route several nights before. :moo:

I think the truck hit the bike, not her. I think LE would be pressuring us to find this truck, if they were looking for it.

As for my last post, I was suggesting the handlebars/bikelight was under the truck.
I agree with you. I think her bike was left in the street and the truck hit the bike but not her. ......le knows....and they're the only ones that know.

But Mickey is stand still. The truck is moving. Mickey could easily move sideways. Like putting a pool ball in the side pocket from the back center end. Physics! I don't appreciate your condescending tone. I hope that ends soon. 1dering why you put so much into defending the truck. I'm not Chasing every Chevy. just this one.

You cannot compare a solid, hard object like a pool ball with a human any more than you cannot compare a pool ball with a tennis ball or a ping pong ball. They will all react differently.

But, that being said...if the force is moving forward, then the object which is being struck will decidedly not move backward. That only happens in James Bond movies and Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons.

As for my tone: to each his/her own. One might interpret yours as being questionable, as well. Touche', bud.

I definitely see the driver's door is open, and the truck appears to be stopped (bright rear lights). Very interesting, since there are no more sightings of Mickey, right? Now I don't know what to think.

ACI has said there is reason to believe she was seen on video farther along her route.

I am very confident that whatever happened to her did not happen in front of the Circle K, in those video stills, but happened farther along her route home.

One more thing for tonight or my husbands going kill me. regarding bike under truck. the bike head light they some see under the car, That same light is there in the photo of Mickey riding in front of CK. In her rear tire area. You can see the reflection off of the street, the same shape. Rear bike lights are almost always red, at least here in Calif. Because of the zoom distortion compared to Mickeys pix it appears further back in comparison to the traffic sign. ok sorry just wanted to add that.

A shadow from the white pole?
moo

you'd see the same shadow over Mickey, right? i don't see a pole shadow over Mickey. I think there is a light overhead. The passenger side rear view is prolly white, so it's invisible from here.

Who owns the camera that took the video of the DWT? Is it possible to view a still of a video taken around the same time of night and note the light reflections and distortions? (There certainly seems to be enough white trucks driving by). Maybe compare it to a daytime still?
Lafayette city government

ACI has said there is reason to believe she was seen on video farther along her route.

I am very confident that whatever happened to her did not happen in front of the Circle K, in those video stills, but happened farther along her route home.

no proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member