OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this case doesn't just "disappear" =(

Mystic could you do a little blurb on the chart? After reading at the link I have say it doesn't sound good. A violent act committed by someone the family knew, but might not have known very well? Violent loss of a family.

I am wondering if perhaps they were meeting with someone to look at more land and they got into another vehicle and never returned.

Well, since there is absolutely no hard news (or even rumors) about this one, would we care to voice our speculation as to what actually has happened? It is not only very interesting to hear what you have to say, it also keeps this thread bumped and thus alive.

At first I thought they ran into poachers as they were looking at land, one or more of the family was accidentally shot or wounded, and the family was then disposed of by the shooter(s) in order not to get caught.

Then, I went with the "they were followed out there by someone who knew they were looking at land" theory, either a landowner, or someone who knew them, or someone who overheard their business, and, for whatever reason, they were then killed and their bodies moved.

Recently, I've been in the "voluntary disappearance" camp, but I do include in that the possibility of murder/suicide, as this latter would have been voluntary on the part of one of the parents, sad to say.

But I have no idea, really. Baffling. I just hope they turn up safely somewhere.

I'm still leaning toward them being overcome by fumes in a mine/cave that they may have been exploring.

I would really like to know if there are caves in that area. Like specifically where they are in location to where the truck was found. I was leaning toward the murder suicide but I think the bodies would have been found by now, no real reason to hide them. Does make me wonder if there is anyone out there that might benefit from a life Ins. payout. I am kinda leaning towards voluntary missing. I don't think that they thought that it would take that long for the truck to be found or called in. Who knows. Anyone know a good psychic?

I keep going back to why the vehicle was locked.

Did they know they were going to walk so far away that they couldn't keep an eye on their possessions? Since it was out in the open and not in a place where anyone walking by could possibly vandalize or steal, why the need to lock? If I were to only be gone a few minutes a short ways away, I wouldn't feel the need to lock it.

I think foul play, but have no theory as to who or why.

Did they know they were going to walk so far away that they couldn't keep an eye on their possessions? Since it was out in the open and not in a place where anyone walking by could possibly vandalize or steal, why the need to lock? If I were to only be gone a few minutes a short ways away, I wouldn't feel the need to lock it.

That's a really good question and a key one, very possibly. Why would the truck be locked?

I think the locked truck speaks to the "they got into another vehicle at the scene where the truck was found" possibility. They may have been going to view another property, perhaps, and left the dog in the truck so as not to muddy up the other vehicle. Though they were planning on returning soon, they locked the truck to protect their property and the dog.

That's a really good question and a key one, very possibly. Why would the truck be locked?

I think the locked truck speaks to the "they got into another vehicle at the scene where the truck was found" possibility. They may have been going to view another property, perhaps, and left the dog in the truck so as not to muddy up the other vehicle. Though they were planning on returning soon, they locked the truck to protect their property and the dog.

Or someone locked the truck to make it look like the family was in the vicinity and coming back.

Or someone locked the truck to make it look like the family was in the vicinity and coming back.

True. I first considered that maybe the dog was left in the truck as a ruse by the perp in order to make it look like someone would be coming back shortly for the vehicle, in case anyone stopped in the first couple of days and wondered where the driver was.

Mystic could you do a little blurb on the chart? After reading at the link I have say it doesn't sound good. A violent act committed by someone the family knew, but might not have known very well? Violent loss of a family.

I am wondering if perhaps they were meeting with someone to look at more land and they got into another vehicle and never returned.

Can someone interpret the chart?
If it's saying someone they knew, maybe it was the man that lived with them for a year that LE was looking for to talk to.
That man was a racist and made mean comments to Sherrilyn having Native American heritage.

I have to be honest, I have never read a chart before. Can someone tell me what that means?

Someone known to the family commited a violent act against them and is reponsible for their disappearance.

If a lot of people knew they were headed there to look at land, someone "posing as a landowner" could have met them up there and was like, come on in my truck and i'll show you some more land etc." and they didn't expect to be gone long so they left the truck locked?

How many people were aware they were going to look at land that day and who were those people?

There could have been more money than what was left in the truck, it could have been in Bobby's pockets or the perp could have stolen more and left that so it wouldn't appear a robbery.

Either that the crime scene occurred elsewhere and the perp ditched the truck back there and left it locked.
So the keys are out there somewhere, as well.

How did they find out about the land that they were looking to buy? Via word of mouth? Internet? Magazine?

Another brilliant thought. I think it supports the theory that they had every intention of returning to the truck. The family dog was in there, and all of their belongings. Why lock the truck if you were planning on performing a disappearing act? #1, if they wanted to disappear off the face of the earth they could have taken the dog, and would have brought the money right? Just my opinion. #2 if they wanted to disappear and they didn't take the dog why lock the truck and prevent whoever came upon the vehicle with the dog inside from getting quick access to the truck and the helpless dog?

I had no idea of the exact area that this happened. The terrain is overwhelming and some of the other pictures looked like they were taken off the production set of Little House on the Prairie. I am a country girl myself and the land looks so pure and untouched, I can see why this family was interested in the land.

Since the terrain is real bad and Bobby has a bad back, i'm thinking they got into someone else's car
or
someone moved their truck there.

Did the family have any friends? We've heard nothing from any of their friends and hardly a mouthful from Sherilynn's mother.
You'd think the mother would want to keep the case in the media so that their is pressure on LE to work harder to solve it.
This family deserves to be found.

How many people knew they were going to look at land that day?
How did they find out about the land being for sale?

What's odd also is why leave that much money in the car? Even a locked car, all you have to do is break a window. If they were in the presence of others' Bobby might not have wanted the money seen so he wouldn't put it visibly into his pocket. (assuming something happened where the truck was found).

If they met up with someone and got into their vehicle (most likely another truck being in that area) then they would lock the car for the dog and their possessions.

Did LE look for any footprints near the truck or did them stampede all over the area? argh! If they did look for footprints, they would be able to tell if the family actually got out of the car there. Exclude their own (LE) and the hunter who found the car's.
They'd obviously be able to tell a child's footprint.

Since the terrain is real bad and Bobby has a bad back, i'm thinking they got into someone else's car
or
someone moved their truck there.

For sure MeoW....I forgot about the back issue, another reason I don't believe they were trekking up the hillside looking at the land. I am really leaning towards that truck being left there and the crime scene is somewhere else entirely. I just can't understand why their family is not speaking out to the media. If this family is alive and out there somewhere wouldn't you want every news agency available to put their faces up? So much time passed before anyone actually reported the truck there, whoever did this, or if by some small chance the family wanted to disappear, there was plenty of time for a head start.

I just can't accept that a family that is interested in buying land, and was having a second look at this particular piece of land, truly wanted to disappear. I wish we could get a reading of that chart, I wonder when the violent act might have occurred, and would it be in the chart?

I'm leaning toward rape and murder the same as happened when the Cowden family disappeared from the camp ground.

http://archive.mailtribune.com/archive/2004/0321/local/stories/02local.htm
"

The disappearance and horrifying murder of Richard and Belinda Cowden and their two children captivated North America. Seven months after their Sept. 1 disappearance from the Carberry Creek area near Applegate, the Cowdens’ bodies were found about seven miles from their campsite. The investigation eventually centered on paroled murderer Dwain Lee Little who was seen buying gas in Ruch the day the Cowdens went missing. In 1980, Little was convicted of the rape and murder of a Tigard woman. His parole has since been revoked, and he likely will never leave the Oregon State Prison, but the Cowden case remains open until Little confesses, OSP officials said."

My conjecture only

What's odd also is why leave that much money in the car? Even a locked car, all you have to do is break a window. If they were in the presence of others' Bobby might not have wanted the money seen so he wouldn't put it visibly into his pocket. (assuming something happened where the truck was found).

If they met up with someone and got into their vehicle (most likely another truck being in that area) then they would lock the car for the dog and their possessions.

Did LE look for any footprints near the truck or did them stampede all over the area? argh! If they did look for footprints, they would be able to tell if the family actually got out of the car there. Exclude their own (LE) and the hunter who found the car's.
They'd obviously be able to tell a child's footprint.

I wish we knew for a fact where the money was found, whether in plain sight or hidden.

As for footprints, I believe it had rained several days before the truck sighting was reported.

I find it hard to believe anyone who had/loved a pet would leave them locked in if they knew they wouldn't be back soon enough to care for it. imho

ETA In reading some posts on the EO case, I noticed a lot was mentioned about blogs.
Don't some of the internet news sites have comments/blogs? Maybe if a lot of people posted about this case it could generate more coverage by the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks