GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6832725

Police were called around 2:00 p.m. to the intersection of Street Road and Center Avenue in Upper Southampton when Sweeten called to report an accident.
The crash involved that black 1990's Cadillac and her GMC.
By the time police arrived, there was no one there.
A short time later, the 911 call center in Philadelphia received a call from Sweeten, traced to 12th and Walnut Streets in Center City. Sweeten told police that she had been kidnapped by two men, only described as two black males, and thrown in the trunk of the Cadillac.
She also said her daughter was still in her SUV.
"According to the 911 call she made from the trunk of the car, she believed that they also took her car," J.J. Klaver of the FBI said.
Investigators do say Sweeten's SUV was not at

So the 2pm call was to report the accident, not to report she'd been kidnapped. That call came later.

I wonder how much time is "a short time." To get from South Hampton to Center City would take what, 20-25 min (without traffic)? They were also moving elephants around the city around that time because of the circus. Would you take the Schuylkill to get there?
Also, Philly is pretty good transportation wise. She could have gotten on a train real easily. We take the train to NY all the time. You catch Amtrack at 30th.

Thanks for the article. It also mentions that the cadillac found that they took for evidence is not connected?

Something is strange here. Maybe there was no cadillac? Just mom's abandoned car? Either they were abducted or not?

Something is seriously amiss in this case.

Are the two suspects figments of her imagination.

Did the accident really happen and did her vehicle show any damage to the rear end?

I think LE knows a lot and they have suspicions about this story. IMO, their first priority is finding Julia and bringing her home safe and sound.

imo

Hummm, current husband needs to be questioned extensively for sure. If ex knew then it makes me think a) mom and kid where leaving town and going somewhere else b) ex- the dad, was taking kid for a bit. Of course there are endless other possiblities.

But would she have left her new baby?

What's taking so long with the surveillance footage from where her car was found??????????

Surely, they have it & viewed it by now.............

I wonder how much time is "a short time." To get from South Hampton to Center City would take what, 20-25 min (without traffic)? They were also moving elephants around the city around that time because of the circus. Would you take the Schuylkill to get there?
Also, Philly is pretty good transportation wise. She could have gotten on a train real easily. We take the train to NY all the time. You catch Amtrack at 30th.
Oooo...now that is a good place to begin looking! I hope they are pulling those surveillance videos.

wasnt both vehicles found last night? if so how far away from last ping?

Something is seriously amiss in this case.

Are the two suspects figments of her imagination.

Did the accident really happen and did her vehicle show any damage to the rear end?

I think LE knows a lot and they have suspicions about this story. IMO, their first priority is finding Julia and bringing her home safe and sound.

imo

I agree....they're trying to find that little girl

Originally Posted by SharetheLight
So the 2pm call was to report the accident, not to report she'd been kidnapped. That call came later.

How does that even make sense? Accident at 2pm, then abduction, (stuffing a woman into a trunk in broad daylight), transporting stolen vehicle 20 miles (with a kidnapped child in it), parking the vehicle and vanishing (with child)and getting ticketed by 2:20 pm?? And no one saw ANYTHING???

Do I have that correct?

This is a very strange one. :shakehead:

I really wonder why the police released that information about her calling them on her cell phone... If they truly believed the story, why let the abductors know she had called 911? Doesn't that put her in a more perilous situation?

But would she have left her new baby?

No, but did the husband know that she was leaving him? Where did the estranged stuff come from I wonder? The ex? He seems to know stuff, like mom pulled the child out of school. Did he say they where estranged? does anyone have a link to a news story about that?

Or it still could be someone impersonating mom to cover for the real perp.

I read that whoever called 911 claiming to be in the trunk gave her husband's name and a number where he could be found. I wonder if this is to set up an alibi. Maybe something happened earlier in the day, husband has someone make this call, and give info as to where to locate him, as this is all supposedly going down.

This is the line of thought that I'm favoring at the moment.

I mean, if I am in a trunk with my child or if the story that she was taken in the other car, what ever. If I was in a trunk I would be telling them EVERYTHING possible for them to find ME and my KID. Not worry about how to get a hold of my husband especially if we are estranged and he's not even the father. This bothers me extremely.

Exactly.
I wonder if she tried to call anyone else?
She made 7 calls to LE, were there any other calls placed?

95 would get you there pretty quick and at 2:00 in the afternoon there wouldn't be any traffic.

How does that even make sense? Accident at 2pm, then abduction, (stuffing a woman into a trunk in broad daylight), transporting stolen vehicle 20 miles (with a kidnapped child in it), parking the vehicle and vanishing (with child)and getting ticketed by 2:20 pm?? And no one saw ANYTHING???

Do I have that correct?

This is a very strange one. :shakehead:

I really wonder why the police released that information about her calling them on her cell phone... If they truly believed the story, why let the abductors know she had called 911? Doesn't that put her in a more perilous situation?

Not possible.

No, but did the husband know that she was leaving him? Where did the estranged stuff come from I wonder? The ex? He seems to know stuff, like mom pulled the child out of school. Did he say they where estranged? does anyone have a link to a news story about that?

I am thoroughly confused about that. I have heard of no estrangement from her present husband and her ex husband hasn't been her husband for almost six years.:waitasec:

I do wonder why we have not seen the husband plea for the return of his wife and step daughter though. Maybe he knows she has run off and hasn't been kidnapped and is helping LE with places to look.

imo

95 would get you there pretty quick and at 2:00 in the afternoon there wouldn't be any traffic.

Do you remember what time/where they were moving the circus around? I know that sounds really funny, but yesterday on my way home from work they were talking about how it had traffic all backed up. I think they said it was the traffic off the Schukill though.

Does anyone know when the school year ends in this area? Seems strange to pull your child if there's only 4 or 5 weeks left of school. How hard that would have been for her child.

I have known people to do this exact thing before. Most of the work at the previous school is done for the year. There are field trips, parties, sports days, etc. and if their child works ahead to finish up the school work, they feel that moving then is a good time because in the fall they can start back at the new school, but they won't be one of the "new kids". They will already feel comfortable in the new place.

In this article, the FBI agent says that the mom is believed to be estranged from her husband:

"We've been in contact with a lot of people. I believe that she's estranged from her husband, so we are talking to a lot of different people to try and get as much information as we can about where she and her daughter may be."

http://www.kyw1060.com/Police-Investigate-Possible-Kidnapping-after-Fende/4472995

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back