WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying lately, with all of the recent reviews of previous threads (thank you everyone!) to find a way to better pinpoint what day Sky actually disappeared. I think most of us agree that Sky was gone prior to the day he was reported missing by JB, but before that there were no pictures or proof of him since June. Am I correct? I know that a neighbor remembers seeing both children in October, the 28th I think.

In thread 4, there were msm reports linked that stated that Sky's scent was INSIDE the vehicle, but not outside, leading investigators to believe he did not exit the vehicle in the area JB said she left him. But, JB borrowed that vehicle from her brother, I believe for ten days. So, seeing as Sky's scent was in the car, he could not have been missing for more than ten days prior to November 6th. I know that it has been hypothesized that since Sky's blanket was found inside the car, that would have provided the scent, but with JB's obsessive need to launder every item nightly, I find it hard to believe it would still contain enough of his scent to provide a hit. However, scents in vehicles, to my understanding, can be detected by SAR dogs even after several days.

In addition, I believe the neighbor who states they saw Sky, although, honestly, typically, I put little stock in supposed eye witness accounts. But, this one is different for a couple of reasons: I think that the family left their apartment so infrequently that sitings were rare and thus memorable. Also, and this is pure speculation, but I think it is likely that her neighbors were aware of JB's idiosyncrasies (she had been cited for late night vacuuming, the moving back and forth from the house to the apartment, perhaps fighting with SM, etc...), enough that she may have been known on the apartment complex as a bit off, making sitings of her even more so memorable. Again, this is all moo.

If you take both Sky's recent scent (enough to be detected by dogs) in her BROTHER'S vehicle (not her own) which she had only had for a short period prior to the disappearance AND the eyewitness account of the neighbor. And then add to that the lack of any Halloween pictures and the desperation from JB during the mediation (dragging it out, requesting trips to seemingly random places, etc), I think Sky disappeared on the 29th or 30th of October. My gut says the 29th.

Now, there was a great post regarding JB's Facebook posts and their relation to times of stress. I am so sorry, I don't remember who did it... There was a period of a week and a half (between october 23 and november 4) when she didn't post.

I know I am all over the place here... Any one else have any thoughts on my admittedly scattered musings?

Would his car seat and blanket not provide enough scent for his scent to be in the car? I would think so. The fact that his scent was not on the outside blows her "story" out of the water.

Would his car seat and blanket not provide enough scent for his scent to be in the car? I would think so. The fact that his scent was not on the outside blows her "story" out of the water.

I absolutely believe that JB's story of leaving him in the car was a lie. I don't think Sky was in the car on November 6th. I was trying to point out that his scent in the vehicle points to Sky having been in that vehicle AT SOME POINT, in the days leading up to the 6th. The car was not Julia's personal car and she had only had it for, at the most, ten days prior to the 6th. How long does scent last in a car? And, as far as LE has stated, they were SAR dogs and it was not decomp. I am not an expert but, I believe SAR dogs can be pretty accurate when alerting on a scent (from following other cases) and can differentiate between scent in the vehicle itself or only on a specific object (like the carseats). The statement from LE stated Sky's scent was detected inside the vehicle. Also, as I stated, I think JB is too much of a laundry freak to let a blanket go unwashed since June.

I was attempting to narrow down the timeframe during which Sky disappeared, since the last confirmed photographic evidence of Sky is from June. all moo...

I absolutely believe that JB's story of leaving him in the car was a lie. I don't think Sky was in the car on November 6th. I was trying to point out that his scent in the vehicle points to Sky having been in that vehicle AT SOME POINT, in the days leading up to the 6th. The car was not Julia's personal car and she had only had it for, at the most, ten days prior to the 6th. How long does scent last in a car? And, as far as LE has stated, they were SAR dogs and it was not decomp. I am not an expert but, I believe SAR dogs can be pretty accurate when alerting on a scent (from following other cases) and can differentiate between scent in the vehicle itself or only on a specific object (like the carseats). The statement from LE stated Sky's scent was detected inside the vehicle. Also, as I stated, I think JB is too much of a laundry freak to let a blanket go unwashed since June.

I was attempting to narrow down the timeframe during which Sky disappeared, since the last confirmed photographic evidence of Sky is from June. all moo...

I don't feel Sky was ever in Julia's brothers car within that 10 days. I think he was already gone. The scent could have come from the car seat and/or blanket. JMHO and I'm not an expert either.

Even with her OCD, I'm not sure she would wash his blanket because a tiny portion of her cold cold heart might actually feel some regret; therefore, she holds on to his blanket because that's all she has of him now. IDK I'm just hoping she might feel a tiny bit of regret/remorse for what she has done.

I'm just thinking out loud here:
I think he was gone prior to Halloween at the latest. Why no Halloween costumes or events? I suppose it's possible she didn't let them participate, but why hasn't anyone seen the kids? Why didn't her mother or brother want to see them, or at least talk to them, over the course of the months? My son will be 3 in a few weeks and if I don't call my mom every day, she has my brother text me to find out if we are okay. She wants to talk to him - every day! I suppose that would require a normal relationship between Julia and her family and for that we know there isn't much 'normal' about Julia.

I don't remember seeing any pictures of Sky since June 2011. And THAT concerns me. I wonder if any of Julia's friends (who won't talk to anyone apparently) saw Sky after June?

I would love to know what MM has said about being left home alone for 12-hours on the day of mediation. Was Sky with her that 12 hours? Oh to know what MM knows. I hope someone does. :please:

I believe Sky actually went missing sometime between October 20th and October 23rd. It's just an intuition but there's something about JB posting twice on October 23rd and then the very next day she asks SM if she can take the kids out of state and forego child support in exchange. I believe that request was the beginning of her trying to form an early alibi and when SM wouldn't grant her that request, she came up with another plan (i.e. he was kidnapped from the side of the road).

I believe JB watched the initial airing of the SVU episode on October 19th but that it didn't necessarily register with her as a potential alibi because Sky was not (sadly) deceased yet. I think that, on the 19th, that SVU airing was just another one of her favorite TV-watching nights, nothing more. Sometime between that initial airing and her request to leave town on the 24th, I believe Sky died at her hands. SM denied her request to leave on the 24th, SVU RE-AIRED on November 5th, and JB came up with a new plan to cover her tracks since the mediation was in full-swing by then. All of this is strictly MOO.

LE has not explicitly come out and stated it, but I believe November 6th was the tenth day JB had borrowed SB's car (not one OF ten days). If that is true, then she borrowed it first on October 28th....the first trash pick-up day at Veloce Apartments since I believe Sky went missing....

I know! She and Solomon were arrested for leaving the kids in the car at Target- why is leaving Sky alone, on the side of the road, in an unlocked car different?
I always thought the reason LE was holding off was because they thought she would be more cooperative. But she has provided nothing.

I really wonder what her daughter has witnessed.

BBM

This may be a real "deal breaker" in this case!:please:

This "update" looks to be originally published back in Dec. 2011 (based upon the comments below the story). We already know that we have one person (a neighbor) claiming to have seen Sky some 2 weeks prior to his being reported missing. LE has since stated he may have been missing much longer as there are no witnesses since summer of 2011 (haircut day and Costco day) who can say they saw Sky.

If a criminal investigation was started back in December - what progress has been made toward filing any charges? We want this case solved and Sky found! The earth didn't just open up and swallow this little boy . . . he wasn't abucted by aliens . . . this little boy is somewhere. We are now some 5 months past him being reported as missing. What has changed in the last 5months? Essentially - no new information has come out since the last search that they have kept mum on anything found.

Can LE reach out to the Eagle Scouts to assist in searching? Is there any organized trained search organizations that LE would be willing to work with? I know that they must have somewhere to start - but how about asking locals to walk (search) their entire property(properties) looking for any clues?

The date at the top above the article says April 18, 2012.
But the comments below the article date back to December.
You are probably right, Wenwe, that this article is an old one.

This "update" looks to be originally published back in Dec. 2011 (based upon the comments below the story). We already know that we have one person (a neighbor) claiming to have seen Sky some 2 weeks prior to his being reported missing. LE has since stated he may have been missing much longer as there are no witnesses since summer of 2011 (haircut day and Costco day) who can say they saw Sky.

If a criminal investigation was started back in December - what progress has been made toward filing any charges? We want this case solved and Sky found! The earth didn't just open up and swallow this little boy . . . he wasn't abucted by aliens . . . this little boy is somewhere. We are now some 5 months past him being reported as missing. What has changed in the last 5months? Essentially - no new information has come out since the last search that they have kept mum on anything found.

Can LE reach out to the Eagle Scouts to assist in searching? Is there any organized trained search organizations that LE would be willing to work with? I know that they must have somewhere to start - but how about asking locals to walk (search) their entire property(properties) looking for any clues?
BBM
What a great idea!
It would be a terrific experience for the Eagle Scouts, and would be so beneficial to LE, Sky, Sky's loving family, (WS).

Stopping by to bump it up for Sky and to tell the Sky Crew to keep it up. I would be interested to know if Julia is still online and if she has come across this thread. If so, I hope she understands that we will not allow Sky to be forgotten about and for her to have no consequences over her actions. Keep it Sky Crew. You are doing an awesome job!

Thank you!

I actually think Sky looks significantly older in the sink/watermelon/formula pictures than he did in the haircut pictures. His face is less chubby, less baby-looking and more little boyish, to me. If the haircut pictures were taken in June, then I would estimate the sink pictures to be about 3-4 months later. What do you all think? Could someone with better picture-posting-skills than myself do a side by side to compare?

Going to have to look way back now to find the date of the haircut, I am pretty sure it was reported. SM said there was no doctors records for the last few months before sky went missing. I think he went missing between august and october.

Thank you!

I actually think Sky looks significantly older in the sink/watermelon/formula pictures than he did in the haircut pictures. His face is less chubby, less baby-looking and more little boyish, to me. If the haircut pictures were taken in June, then I would estimate the sink pictures to be about 3-4 months later. What do you all think? Could someone with better picture-posting-skills than myself do a side by side to compare?

I am putting the pictures in a flickr account. I am trying to find dates to add to these, but you can see he is different from the earlier reported photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72214327@N03/?saved=1

Thank you!

Exactly my thoughts too. And IMO, that's a pretty recent buzzcut he has in the picture. I wonder when watermelon was in season at her favorite store(s). My thoughts are that she only went to a few "comfortable" places to shop due to her OCD/cleanliness obsession.

I also wonder if they found hair shears at her apartment. I guess it is possible she could give him the cut herself, as I do the same for my husband.

Good afternoon Sky Crew!!

I am hoping to get my computer back this weekend, but I have a busy weekend ahead. It is cloudy here and a bit chilly. I think about Sky so often, and his picture just makes my heart hurt.

Where are you darling little Sky ?? Please give us a clue. Help us to understand. Point us in the right direction.

I don't know much about SAR or cadaver dogs, but I found this quote interesting. It's in reference to the Etan Patz case and how there is a renewed search going on.

Sources told ABC News that even if a body had been kept for 24 hours or less and then moved, a trained dog could pick up the scent decades later.

I wonder if that's only true for hits on decay or if it's also true for live persons. I keep thinking about Sky's blanket and car seat in JB's brother's car. How long could they have held his live scent?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fresh-search-etan-patz-york-boy-vanished-33/story?id=16171740#.T5CcZXgqPLa

I don't know much about SAR or cadaver dogs, but I found this quote interesting. It's in reference to the Etan Patz case and how there is a renewed search going on.

I wonder if that's only true for hits on decay or if it's also true for live persons. I keep thinking about Sky's blanket and car seat in JB's brother's car. How long could they have held his live scent?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fresh-search-etan-patz-york-boy-vanished-33/story?id=16171740#.T5CcZXgqPLa

I don't know but it gives me hope.

Exactly my thoughts too. And IMO, that's a pretty recent buzzcut he has in the picture. I wonder when watermelon was in season at her favorite store(s). My thoughts are that she only went to a few "comfortable" places to shop due to her OCD/cleanliness obsession.

I also wonder if they found hair shears at her apartment. I guess it is possible she could give him the cut herself, as I do the same for my husband.

It does look like a recent cut. And, buzz cuts grow out quickly.

I looked into the watermelon angle a bit. If they were organic (which, ironically, seems to have been important to JB), there needs to be a three month warm growing season. So, typically they are only available after August, if locally grown. But, from my research (which, admittedly was very brief), you can get them all year around, even at organic stores, like Trader Joes or WF's but they will be bitter/bland and not sweet. Kids may not readily eat those ones...but, Sky may not have cared about the taste if he wasn't getting regular meals.

Basically, I think it's a great question, but hard to find an answer to...:banghead:

Okay, Sky Crew!!

Tips are being sent in to LE tomorrow. If you've got anything else you'd like to add, please let me know. I accept WS posts, singing telegrams, paper airplanes.... basically any form of communication you wish.

I've never known what these bananas were for, but I'm going to post a few because going through all of those old threads made me feel like I was going, uh....

:Banane06::Banana4::Banane30::Banane13::Banane27:

I know! She and Solomon were arrested for leaving the kids in the car at Target- why is leaving Sky alone, on the side of the road, in an unlocked car different?
I always thought the reason LE was holding off was because they thought she would be more cooperative. But she has provided nothing.

I really wonder what her daughter has witnessed.

Maybe not so much hoping she would be cooperative, but maybe they are waiting for her mental instability to escalate under the stress and pressure of the situation; for her disorganized and irrational mental thought processes to take over, thus slip up and either break down or give something away.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb