Anna's point of view

I have been lurking here for quite some time and did order and read the book written by Anna's mother. My heart breaks for her knowing that she has waited so long for answers.

I was born in October 1967, so that makes me about 3 weeks younger than Anna. I can very clearly remember that names of my pets, the name of my kindergarden teacher as well as what kind of car she drove. I started taking horseback riding lessons at the age of 3 and can still remember the names of the lesson horses as well as the instructor. I can remember my mom singing "Leavin' on a Jet Plane". I certainly don't think I have any special memory abilities (especially at this age!), but feel that my memories are normal.

I have had discussions with my mother about the things I remember from my childhood and she is sometimes surprised how much I remember and how accurately I remember it. I swear I remember my baby brother coming home from the hospital, although my mother says that can't be true because he is only 2 years younger than me.

After reading almost every page of this thread in the past year, as well as the book, I can't help but feel Anna was kidnapped and that her father and Brody were involved. With as throughly as the area from which she disappeared was searched, and not just once, I have a very hard time believing she was not found if she were there. I also feel that the couple who approached Anna and her brothers before Anna disappeared could have been used by Anna's father to abduct her.

I can only imagine that if you are five years old and thrown into a totally different environment and told to not talk about what you remember or that those memories you have don't exist, you adapt and move on because that is what children do. I often think there are many people in this world who repress things or deny that they have happened because if you "put it out there", it makes it real!

Anna's Mom, please know you are in my prayers. I check here frequently to see if there is any news because Anna is in my thoughts. I don't know if it is because Anna and I are so close in age, but this has struck such a cord with me! I walked away, after reading the book, with the impression that Anna had a beautiful life filled with much love. I can only hope that she had memories of those years that have sustained her all this time!

just wanted to say the other day i was at a stop light and my fav country station had commercial brake so i went and put on this other station that plays all kinds of older music 70s and 80s i turn to the station and her comes the sun came on it was also a day where it was not sunny out at all.

Would it be worthwhile to collect some memories of Anna (from people who knew her well) about some special moments they spent together that she may be able to remember, and add a sort of subsection to Anna's website (the orange official one, I can't remember what it's called right now)? Little things, perhaps a moment she shared with one of her brothers, or a neighbour. Playing a certain game maybe, or if they took her somewhere (for me, an abiding memory is how my brother took me with him to play football with his school friends once when I was very young; nothing very special happened that afternoon, except that I was allowed to tag along, but I still remember it), something like that. Then perhaps if she happens upon the website, she might read these stories and it could help her remember.

I recall vividly my brother taking up to the creek behind our house with his friend to hike a bit and try to catch fish. I was only 4/5 tops. It was such a great little walk up the street and thru the pathway, I felt so special to have gone with him and his friend :)
Also, I had a cat and carried him upside down a lot on the same street, I remember that as well.

This is the sort of thing I had in mind. Perhaps if Anna read about such a memory, she'd recognize herself in it.

If I were Anna and I was trying to find my bio family and can't, I would start to think out of the box. Chances are that even if she doesn't have early childhood memories, she knows something is off. At the very least, odds are good that she has some idea that she was adopted even if her caregivers never told her about it. If I looked through normal channels but can't find any records, I then would go to a genealogy site and give them my DNA to see what pops up. I haven't read all the threads so perhaps this has been done already, but if not, I would urge Anna's family to submit their DNA to a non-law enforcement site. I have not kept up with the Paul Fronczak case, but I do know that he found a distant cousin by submitting DNA to ancestory.com.

If I am repeating something that has already been discussed, I apologize. I wish Anna and her family love and good wishes for the holidays and New Year.

Anna may be of age now that she would wonder about family history.
I find that with age, or circumstances one needs answers, therefore, Annasmom, I ask, is your DNA in Ancestry?
Thousands are searching with ancestry and other DNA places and finding family.
Thanks!

&
I find that with age, or circumstances one needs answers, therefore, Annasmom, I ask, is your DNA in Ancestry?
Thanks!

I think this is an excellent idea too. So much so I went back to the post I thought I posted the same suggestion only to discover I posted the wrong link.

Here is a link to my corrected post with a link to a msm story about the success of a case doing just what you suggested.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-for-Anna-2014-2015&p=12782629#post12782629

So much has changed over the last 10 years in ancestral dna it's an excellent avenue of research in the search for Anna.

Thanks!

I belong to several reunion groups and a large DNA group on FB, the amazing thing is, once DNA has been submitted to Ancestry, one can purchase the DNA kit, (there are always sales) and sends in their DNA. Many adopted people are finding families, and loved ones. It's truly amazing.

Let's say Anna was told she lost her original family for x reason. She is in her 40's now, the perfect time to do some online detective work herself. Or.... Her children!

I am always checking posters stories on the DNA group. It's the only reason I joined. To find Anna.

I think this is a good idea (if I do say so...), Anna could well be online searching, she may have already submitted her DNA to ancestry or 123me... Waiting for a match !!

Annasmom?

Here's another family reunion/mystery solved via utilizing the ancestry dna sites.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Erica_Ruff

While Lori Ruff's is a bit of a puzzling story and it's clear she was suffering from some kind of untreated mental illness, her daughter was able to reunite with her extended maternal family. It got me thinking about Anna having adult children and possibly grandchildren now. I have some friends that are the same age as Anna who have become grandparents in the last few years.

Imo, this ancestral dna is a stone which shouldn't be left unturned.

I belong to several reunion groups and a large DNA group on FB, the amazing thing is, once DNA has been submitted to Ancestry, one can purchase the DNA kit, (there are always sales) and sends in their DNA. Many adopted people are finding families, and loved ones. It's truly amazing.

Let's say Anna was told she lost her original family for x reason. She is in her 40's now, the perfect time to do some online detective work herself. Or.... Her children!

I am always checking posters stories on the DNA group. It's the only reason I joined. To find Anna.

I think this is a good idea (if I do say so...), Anna could well be online searching, she may have already submitted her DNA to ancestry or 123me... Waiting for a match !!

Annasmom?
OK, Sidekick, I signed up today for Ancestry's DNA...not getting my hopes up, but if you recommend it, I figure I'd better do it. Hugs.

OK, Sidekick, I signed up today for Ancestry's DNA...not getting my hopes up, but if you recommend it, I figure I'd better do it. Hugs.

Hey, Anna'sMom, we know you're brave and this is icing on the cake! You are my hero!

:seeya:

:woot: :woot: thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kind of OT, On Anna's birthday I was driving locally about 15 minutes from my home. All of a sudden I see something flying not far in front of my car. I think to myself," that's large for a hawk". Just as this bird gets to flying over the middle of the right lane it makes a U turn back in the direction it came towards the forest preserve. And just after it headed back east I could see it was a bald eagle! It the first time I have ever seen one and never in a million years would I have thought I'd see a bald eagle in my own back yard so to speak.

And, I will always remember I saw my first bald eagle on Anna's birthday. It just goes to show never say never. All things really are possible.

I'm really glad you decided to give the ancestry dna a try. Made me day.

I've never been happier in my life!

No stone unturned!

Bless You xx

H Anna's Mom! I've never posted on here before but I have been reading about Anna since I first joined WS in 2008. Just two years ago my brother and I found out that the father we thought was our father was indeed not, and that was because we took a DNA test on Ancestry DNA. I look completely different from my family and that is the reason I joined WS....just to see if there is something out there that I am missing. Please do get your DNA tested. It might bring you closer to the answers you have been looking for. It definitely did for me. I am a 45 year old woman and my brother is 50....the father we thought was ours for over four decades still has no idea he is not biologically related to us. I wish you the best of luck and am hoping good things for you!!!

Annasmom, it hasn't been that long since I posted about Ancestry DNA, just very happy you are doing this.

I have taken the liberty of adding you as a member to DNA Detectives on FB, a truly fantastic place to ask questions about family trees, DNA coding and anything in regards to matches. There are seasoned genealogists and biological DNA scientists there as well.
It's is great reading and some posts are fascinating, so... You will be in excellent hands.

See you there!

�� also to add, DNA Detectives, will assist you with reading matches, and understanding the strands in DNA in relation to relatives. It's quite complexed however, easier knowing they are there to help. I know that people who have family trees get matched with other family trees.
Anyhoo!
Enjoy reading some posts while you wait for your results to come in, I think you will enjoy them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back