Easy Bake Oven recall; finger amputation

I was going to post this. It's a shame that one child had to have part of thier finger amputated.

So scary! Thanks for posting. We have this model.

I do think that this is partially due to not following the instructions and poor supervision. It comes with a thing that slides the pan in and out, and there is no reason at all for the kids to have their fingers anywhere near the opening. You are not supposed to do any of it with your hands.

I read this story out loud, and my DD7 even said, "they didn't follow the rules."

So scary! Thanks for posting. We have this model.

I do think that this is partially due to not following the instructions and poor supervision. It comes with a thing that slides the pan in and out, and there is no reason at all for the kids to have their fingers anywhere near the opening. You are not supposed to do any of it with your hands.

I read this story out loud, and my DD7 even said, "they didn't follow the rules."

I know. You're not supposed to stick your hand in the oven.

The only heating element is a light bulb, for heaven's sake--not that it doesn't get very hot, just that it's safe if you follow instructions.

My daughter has one and loves it... she saw the recall information on TV and said 'if these kids are too young to follow the instructions, maybe they should raise the age limit for the oven, and wasn't anyone watching them?'. That's coming from an 8 year old, folks. I feel sorry for the little girl but I'm going to agree with my daughter here!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back