Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too lazy to look for this at the moment...

Doogie or Annasmom, what is the exact spelling of the name Brody added to Anna's....Eiffee?

Thanks!!

I'm not who you requested the info from, but it is Eifee. Also interesting to note is that one baby names books I was looking through stated Effie, Effy, & Eiffee where nicknames for Euphemia. So it's reasonable to say Annas Eifee name could also be. Someone on this sight once reported it was the nickname for Esther, but I have yet to find a reference.

According to the link below the name Euphemia means well spoken, and it's origin is Greek.
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?n=EUPHEMIA

I'm not who you requested the info from, but it is Eifee. Also interesting to note is that one baby names books I was looking through stated Effie, Effy, & Eiffee where nicknames for Euphemia. So it's reasonable to say Annas Eifee name could also be. Someone on this sight once reported it was the nickname for Esther, but I have yet to find a reference.

According to the link below the name Euphemia means well spoken, and it's origin is Greek.
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?n=EUPHEMIA

Thanks for answering, iW. I would be surprised if the addition of Eifee by GB had anything at all to do with the Greek name (though that connection might have made it easier for me to accept at the time.) I remember GW saying of the first suggested name change--Christiana Benedo Waters--that he didn't find it unobjectionable at all. Of course he was all for the "Eifee" and even called her that.

IW and Annasmom, thanks for the quick response.

I haven't done near the amount of work that some of you have, and WOW to the progress here, but I just keep thinking that the addition of that name to her existing one had to mean something.

Was it the key to getting a birth certificate for her and to pass on to someone else? The two of them may have been mentally ill, but someone was exceptionally smart too.

Remember that the addition of "Eifee" came within a couple of weeks of Anna's birth (1967) when George waters was still married to Annasmom withlittle indication of a coming split. This would mean that a "plan" was in effect for a full five years prior to Anna's abduction which is unlikely.

was waters friends with gb when anna was born maybe they were planning this only a few weeks after her birth or before it

Remember that the addition of "Eifee" came within a couple of weeks of Anna's birth (1967) when George waters was still married to Annasmom withlittle indication of a coming split. This would mean that a "plan" was in effect for a full five years prior to Anna's abduction which is unlikely.

I agree that an abduction plan was most likely nonexistent at the time of her birth for Waters...BUT, I think it possible for it to be in the beginning phases for Brody. At the time of MKs declining health, Brody knew he had to find a new meal ticket. Waters fit the bill. He was handsome and successful, and most importantly on the verge of mental collapse. Predators such as Brody know how to pick a target, it's an art.

ETA: Doogie made a really good point a while back, that I think could be a possibility of how this all came down. (sorry, can't find the thread right now) He suggested that possibility Brody convinced Waters into this "plan" as a way to show his loyalty to him. A test of faith. The way Doogie described it, it reminded me of the test God gave Abraham and his first born son Isaac. (Genesis 22:1-24) God asked Abraham to sacrifice his beloved son to prove his faith. Abraham followed Gods orders and it was only within seconds of slaying his own son that the Angels called down on him and told him to stop. He passed the test. I understand that Brody was not a religious man, but I have met a lot of Atheist in my day who know the Bible better that the majority of Christians. The big question would be just how far did this test go, and what did they do with Anna after the test was over.

I think it's possible that Brody was already formulating his "plan" when Anna was born. As you said, MK died, and he needed a new "meal ticket". If he'd been doing this kind of thing for years, he would have been good at it.

Just for Fun...
I have a completely 'off-the wall" match for Brody, though likely not, I thought I might throw this out there, and see if there is any possible way that this guy would be connected...your opinions of this crazy idea are welcome! Here goes...ANdrew Carnegie Whitfield...
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/848dmny.html

There is a write up in Wikipedia, that have some good links to news sources...

Seems partially ridiculous, and the photos are hard to tell, not many out there...but passports and insurance policies, and new identities...it just sounds so very familiar!

Nice hat. I think Andy may be hiding as that guy in the game of Monopoly.

Attachments

• AWhitfield.jpg
    AWhitfield.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 241
  • monopoly.jpg
    monopoly.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 219
ROFLOL....thanks for posting the pics...I'll bet he has a whole closet full of those hats! However, if he was Brody (nose looks different but who the heck knows) He would wear a fedora anyways, lol...By the way, his mother's name was "Margaret" I believe, (don't quote me, I worked on too many cases today)

Brody had "wealthy relatives back east"
Gee whiz, so did Whitfield $$$$$$$$$$

Whitfield was 'moving to Pennsylvania, had been married less than a year, and wanted out...
Wanted his insurance policies dropped in that name....no identity with him etc

Now the only question I have is...did Brody every say he could fly?

After all, his identity was so well hidden, there was a reason...and I am still looking at it as if he had a checkered past...but he didnt use a SS#, and his documents were destroyed....I wonder if someone from the Haley Carnegie Whitfield family could identify that pic of Brody when he was younger...after all, Whitfield had a brother, the parents in Virginia, and I speculate the brother is living...

Crazy and far fetched....but interesting

Nice hat. I think Andy may be hiding as that guy in the game of Monopoly.
Doogie, you're such a scream. Where do you find these things? But doesn't this picture (the guy, not the toon) look familiar? Didn't Sherlock send it around some time in the past?

Just for Fun...
I have a completely 'off-the wall" match for Brody, though likely not, I thought I might throw this out there, and see if there is any possible way that this guy would be connected...your opinions of this crazy idea are welcome! Here goes...ANdrew Carnegie Whitfield...
!

His looks are close enough, but I just couldn't see Brody splitting and not trying to get his hands on some of Uncle Andy's fortune.

Just for Fun...
Seems partially ridiculous, and the photos are hard to tell, not many out there...but passports and insurance policies, and new identities...it just sounds so very familiar!
I tried and tried to remember where I had seen this picture before. Then SherlockJr said Robin had posted it some time back, and that she (Sherlock) had looked at it very early on. I think "off-the-wall" is the only way we're going to find GB, but in this case...I don't think GB came from a wealthy family. More like inner-city big-town street-smart kind of personality.

Has anyone considered checking the census and other records for a George Brodie? It is possible he slightly changed the spelling of his name.

Also to concur with the other posters, social security numbers were not required at birth until about 20 years ago. I did not get mine until I was 16 and wanted to get a job.

Has anyone considered checking the census and other records for a George Brodie? It is possible he slightly changed the spelling of his name.

Also to concur with the other posters, social security numbers were not required at birth until about 20 years ago. I did not get mine until I was 16 and wanted to get a job.
Thanks, rmf, for the info. I have made a very superficial search of Brodies (Scottish, I think, with this spelling), but maybe some of our more skilled searchangels will have a go at it.

I did find a George W. Brodie from Brooklyn, N. Y., in a 1921 listing from a Masonic publication. Found it on Family Tree Connection, but no picture and no further information were available.

Brody had "wealthy relatives back east"
Gee whiz, so did Whitfield $$$$$$$$$$

Whitfield was 'moving to Pennsylvania, had been married less than a year, and wanted out...
Wanted his insurance policies dropped in that name....no identity with him etc

Now the only question I have is...did Brody every say he could fly?

After all, his identity was so well hidden, there was a reason...and I am still looking at it as if he had a checkered past...but he didnt use a SS#, and his documents were destroyed....I wonder if someone from the Haley Carnegie Whitfield family could identify that pic of Brody when he was younger...after all, Whitfield had a brother, the parents in Virginia, and I speculate the brother is living...

Crazy and far fetched....but interesting

I agree there are similiarites with Whitfield. Supposedly he was seen later in Wisconsin and then again in Nevada. I can't see him leaving an insuance policy sit around for someone else to cash in on. Has anyone else noticed that he and Anna had the same initials?

The EIFEE name....There was a family with last name Eifee I found in the 1930 Federal Census MT (that's the abrev. for Montana, right?). I just wanted to mention it since the name Eifee given to Anna was thought to be a nonsense word that added up in Brody's mind. (correct me of I am wrong). Could George Brody have been from this Eifee family? Or had connections to them? Or just a wild coincidence.

http://www.us-census.org/pub-ftp/mt/stillwater/1930/ed52-brief.txt

Annasmom and Dr. Doogie (and anyone else who has an opinion on this),
do you think this could have anythign to do with where Brody came from? Or just quite a coincidence? My mind goes to wild senarios because the family name Eifee appears to have disappeared forever after that. Is George one of the teenage boys listed in the Eifee family in that census? Did something criminal happen to the family that George would have known about:waitasec: ? What does your gut say? Is this just a mere coincidence? It seems weird he chose that name, and it isn't found anywhere except there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts