17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand SYG. Let's say a husband kills his wife in their home and then calls 911. Cops get there and the husband says she attacked me and I feared for my life. There are no witnesses and nothing that disproves his claim. He doesn't get arrested?

Sanford pulling that information from their site didn't make it disappear from the internet. It's all still out there.

Oh, I know! Some of our own lovely members here were smart enough to download it all :floorlaugh:.

I just wonder if the State prosecutor had found something hinky and that's why they wanted it deleted? They said they had a justifiable reason for wanting it down?

MOO

Sanford police talked to her the very first night, right after the killing. The lead homicide detective apparently, according to her, came to her place and taped the eyewitness testimony.

And then recently, the SA came out, and did a follow up, with her attorney present.

Thank you! This is why I like transcripts - ADD. lol

Has anyone ever read or heard how the initial connection was made between GZ and his first attorney, Craig Sonner?

Only reason I'm asking is I was spending time in Google trying to see if GZ had any martial arts training or background, which is not at all uncommon in the bouncer profession. It's also reportedly a good form of exercise for weight loss, which apparently Zimmerman has experienced.

I found nothing on Zimmerman, but did run across this on Sonner:

No big deal, just poking around.....

I thought I had read that GZ's dad reached out to him.

I know many would would love to believe that this was a teardrop.

I do believe though and this is MOO that it was more apt to be a raindrop.

Maybe God's way of grieving?
I don't know if many would love to believe that as opposed to believing it was something else. I don't think many have weighed that as a significant factor.

But it's possible the kid was scared and crying when he saw a gun pointed at him? And some people do cry right before they die. I have seen it myself.

And usually when one rain drop falls, there are more to follow. Seems like his face would have sprinkled drops all over but I don't understand why you're pointing this out?? Please share if it might shed some light on things that we haven't discussed.

Thanks

I haven't seen this photo of Trayvon before. I love it. Such a nice looking kid. Such a tragic story. Arrest George Zimmerman NOW!

trayvon_martin02--300x300.jpg

Beautiful! The only consolation his parents have is that no one can ever hurt Trayvon again.

They were SA investigators, apparently. And they did not blow her off. They said they had specific questions that they had not seen clarified in the original interview with her. And they focused on a few key things they wanted to know.

Her attorney told Banfield that he thought they should have scrapped her original interview or testimony and had her start from scratch. But I disagree.

Why would she have to do that a month later? Didn't she give a full and truthful eyewitness report that night? I assume she did.

If they started over there would be a greater chance that she would have some distorted memories or things changed over time from what she has heard or read. imo

Maybe she felt intimidated to say certain things in her statement? Like it was George screaming and not Trayvon? I want to see both personally because I want to see how intial investigators handled the questioning of the witnesses that night? So I agree that the original statements shouldn't just be scratched.

MOO

I don't understand SYG. Let's say a husband kills his wife in their home and then calls 911. Cops get there and the husband says she attacked me and I feared for my life. There are no witnesses and nothing that disproves his claim. He doesn't get arrested?

I'm not sure it applies inside your own home. You can kill a burglar here for breaking into your home, but you can't kill your spouse and claim she's a burglar. So.... dunno.

Depends on the outcome of the investigation, as GZ is finding out. Right now GZ's story is under a microscope.

I don't know?? Heck, I'm still waiting on anything one of the dash cams may have caught!

I'm obsessed with videos! I want to see the dash cam videos, I want to see the complex videos, I want to see the 7-11 videos, I want to see the whole night's entrance and exit videos from the Sanford Police Department (ones that may or may not show a "certain meetings.)?

I am obsessed with the autopsy. I want it now!

I am not sure why people are saying the loud argument proves that nobody was blindsided. Couldn't one of them hit or grabbed or punched the other, and then they begin yelling at each other as they continue the struggle?

I am not sure why people are saying the loud argument proves that nobody was blindsided. Couldn't one of them hit or grabbed or punched the other, and then they begin yelling at each other as they continue the struggle?

Because we all heard the struggle. It didn't appear that there were any words being exchanged? Definitely not a verbal confrontation??

MOO

I can't figure it out. Wasn't Trayvon quite a distance a head of Zimmerman and running? Is George that fast he could catch up with him easily? Or was Zimmerman right behind Trayvon all the time?

I think the last question you asked is the correct. I don't believe GZ lost sight of TM at all, this happened fast. And now we know about the 2 arguing for a longer time than first thought. I think it started immediately after GZ hung up with 911.
There isn't enough time in my mind for so much to happen in such a short period of time. :moo:

She said she told the operator she was going to hold the phone up to the screen so she could hear it. We never heard that on a tape.

I'm pretty sure LE said the 911 tapes were not representative of all the calls that came in that night in reference to TM. I've always thought they held back any which might be key ear witness evidence.

IF, and a big IF, it comes out that there was some kind of cover-up, could those who were in on it (officers, etc...) be charged with Accessory After the Fact?

Maybe she felt intimidated to say certain things in her statement? Like it was George screaming and not Trayvon? I want to see both personally because I want to see how intial investigators handled the questioning of the witnesses that night? So I agree that the original statements shouldn't just be scratched.

MOO

I don't know why she would feel intimidated, as she was sitting there with her attorney. I would think she could have said anything she wanted to at the time.

She talked about the initial investigators. She said they asked her just to tell them what she saw and heard. And they put on the recorder and she told the story as she remembered it.

The thing is that she didn't really hear or see much of anything. She could hear voices, but not anything that was said. And she could see the figures, but not really tell who was who.

And I get the feeling that she initially told them she couldn't see who was on top, but now she is saying it was GZ on top. So I think that is why they seem reticent because she is filling in the blanks later. imo

I'm pretty sure LE said the 911 tapes were not representative of all the calls that came in that night in reference to TM. I've always thought they held back any which might be key ear witness evidence.

But you said earlier that this particular witness was not credible so if that is the case, then why haven't we heard her 911 call?

~jmo~

That's so strange though? Did they hold them back from Trayvon's parents too? I thought they won the right to get the 911 tapes released?

I am waiting for the transcript to appear from AC360 tonight, but, in the meantime, what the witness said was, that she did talk with an investigator in her home that night. She also said that they had a community meeting (I believe the next night) at the Clubhouse and that some of the same Police people came and that they encouraged people to call if they had any more questions or information or for any reason having to do with the 'incident'. They handed out cards with phone numbers to call. She said that after that she tried twice to call the Sanford Police and no one called her back.

This week the State Attorney reps met with her and interviewed her for about 15 minutes, some of which according to her attorney was just banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member