Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len Ramirez, reporting for CBS San Francisco, was with Sheriff Laurie Smith as she read from office documents at the press conference announcing the arrest. When he spoke then & on the evening news, he specifically stated skin fragments from the accused were found embedded in the personal property of the victim. There has never been a correction of his report and I believe it to be true.

Don't some of you all wish you lived in the area so that you can go out and try to think like this guy, drive to the area where she was taken, think what direction you would go and then go look? I SO DO!

Don't some of you all wish you lived in the area so that you can go out and try to think like this guy, drive to the area where she was taken, think what direction you would go and then go look? I SO DO!
I've spent more hours doing this than I care to think about, and it still hasn't brought her back....

I've spent more hours doing this than I care to think about, and it still hasn't brought her back....

And LE continues to do. It's very frustrating, I hope they somehow manage a confession out of him.

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/lamar-murder-suspect-didnt-seem-concerned-1400669c

They confiscated Garcia-Torres'*toothbrush, boots and blankets, according to Lucero, who said a long braid of her mother’s hair was confiscated as well.

I am wondering if they took a piece of moms hair to compare it to a hair they found in the car... IMO. They must have found A strand or two of Sierras hair...

Oh wow! My ex husband cut his long braid off and put it in the dresser drawer. I used to hate that thing because it looked like a dead squirrel and everytime I put away cloths in that drawer it would freak me out.

So, I assumed that when they said they took a long braid of his mothers hair, it was similiar to this and maybe they thought it was from a girl.

Oh my, I'm twisted.

I have never used the word "ghetto" but I do think it's very telling that the father is in jail for doing something sexual with a minor, the brother was deported after too much jail time and then passed from alcohol abuse, and the wife and sister refer to a 15 year old girl, that is likely dead, as a *advertiser censored*.

jmo

BBM- Unless I missed something, I think it should be clarified that it was his wife and HER sister (not ADT's sister) who were making those comments online about Sierra?

FWIW, I haven't seen anyone downing ADT's family here, quite the opposite. Many have expressed compassion for his Mom and Sister (In response to fearless' quote in post # 327).

The only negative comments I saw were in response to those made about Sierra, by his wife and her supporters.

BBM- Unless I missed something, I think it should be clarified that it was his wife and HER sister (not ADT's sister) who were making those comments online about Sierra?

FWIW, I haven't seen anyone downing ADT's family here, quite the opposite. Many have expressed compassion for his Mom and Sister (In response to fearless' quote in post # 327).

The only negative comments I saw were in response to those made about Sierra, by his wife and her supporters.

Thank you for the clarification, my apologies.

I also have not seen anyone put down his family, or refer to them as ghetto. Many were even sympathetic toward FS and her FB comments.

There has been discussion about the family to better understand AGT. I think we are all aware that good families can raise "bad seeds" and not so good families can produce wonderful members of society, but background is still a piece of the puzzle. The same was done of Sierra and her family in the beginning to understand how she might be missing. It's sort of the nature of the website, and all things LE would be looking at as well.

jmo

This autopsy thing seems so strange to me. Makes sense they wouldn't be able to say who it is, but wouldn't it be easy to say definitively who it is NOT?

No worries Tuliptiptoe and no need to apologize. Based on what I have seen in media interviews with his mom and sister, I feel their pain.

The fact that the Father is in jail, charged with some sort of sexual offense is interesting though. I can't help but wonder what ADT was exposed to and if that relates to why he committed this or any of the other suspected crimes?

I have not posted here in a while but I have been reading all of the posts since the arrest of Antolin.

I have some issues with the constant flow of misleading and conflicting information in this case. I also think that given the very few facts we have regarding Antolins' involvement in this case, it is unfortunate that everyone has decided he is guilty. If you disagree with me, and would like to read my own take on this issue, take a peek at my blog entitled thequeenofscrutiny.comhttp://thequeenofscrutiny.com ( I hope I did not just violate any posting rules for the board by mentioning the link. If so please remove and accept my apology.)

A few points for consideration:

I wonder if the police may be aware of more than one person involved in this situation, and have decided to put the screws to Antolin in order to get him to roll over on the other person. If there is gang involvement, there is very little chance of ATG saying anything to police.

Other possibilities:
What if Sierra was walking and Antolin accidentally hit her with his car? Hotsteno had mentioned way back around the time she went missing that her mother had to pick up glass out of the street from a car accident.
We are fairly certain that he had some contact with her, but to what extent we do not know.

I am just thinking that the big reveal that we are hoping and praying for from the Sheriff's office may not materialize. I think if they had something more damning, they would have already released the information.

I just find it amusing that the same people who were certain that Marlene LaMar was somehow involved in her disappearance are now just as certain that Antolin is guilty.

A few of the comments I have read on this forum demonstrate how the perception that ATG's family is "ghetto" is directly related to your presumption of him being a murderer. I looked at his myspace page and the facebook pages of his family. I saw nothing that looked "ghetto", but largely hardworking, family oriented people. Even if he is guilty, I still don't think that passing judgement on his family is fair.

I just wish that we could get a clear statement of the facts from the SCCS office rather than a few facts sparsely distributed in a sea of discrepancies.

I get what you are saying and that you are trying to be rational and diplomatic and fair to his family. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But, all of the discussion and back and forth is what this forum is all about.

His mom seems hard working and his sisters seem sweet and hard working, as well.

His wife is what has stirred up the wrath in everyone because her comments are off the charts inappropriate. Even if you truly believe he's innocent and that the police are lying, that has nothing to do with then, saying HORRIBLE things about a victim. On the other hand, his wife's comments and her lack of class do not make ATG guilty.

But, guilt lies in the fact that his DNA is on SL bag and SL's DNA is in his car, not to mention all the other facts that have and haven't been released, at this point. His guilt also lies in the fact that he has been 100% positively linked to another attempted assault on a unsuspecting female victim in Morgan Hill. To think that he somehow hit SL with his car and that's how this all got started, is to think that he was supposed to be on her street that morning and that he's gone two months without coming forward and telling LE that's what happened. If that's true, it could be proven.

But, even with the facts we know, it doesn't make him a murderer. But, unless she comes walking through the door anytime soon, it sure seems that way. Maybe he gave her a ride. Maybe she hired him to help her runaway. Maybe they were dating and she died accidentally during an encounter. There are a million other explanations, besides him kidnapping and murdering her, but so far, there is no evidence indicating that. There's only evidence indicating that he is involved in her disappearance and, based just on him being involved in one other attempted abduction, it's really hard to stay impartial, especially when a beautiful young lady is gone and he smirks at the camera during his arrest.

Of course, he is also on the easier side of the equation. The prosecution has to prove, beyond reasonable doubt that he kidnapped and murdered SL. All he has to do is stay silent and successfully present any form of reasonable doubt.

I do agree with you that so many people were ready to jump on the bandwagon saying that Marlene had something to do with it. That was based on observation and personality and people's misconceptions about grief and responses to it. But, there were also many who did not.

In turn, the belief that ATG is guilty of at least kidnapping SL, is based on evidence and the word of LE who have dedicated over two months of their lives trying to catch a horrible person who did a horrible thing.

Just my two cents.

BBM: I agree!

No worries Tuliptiptoe and no need to apologize. Based on what I have seen in media interviews with his mom and sister, I feel their pain.

The fact that the Father is in jail, charged with some sort of sexual offense is interesting though. I can't help but wonder what ADT was exposed to and if that relates to why he committed this or any of the other suspected crimes?
Yes, if his father had raped or molested him as a child, then that would be a good explanation as to why AGT could have turned into a rapist. Roughly 80% of rapists were sexually abused themselves as a child.

My understanding is that the parents were divorced in 1992, making ATG an infant, or no more than a year or so old. We do not know the dynamics of the family (did he see his father during that 20-year-period, etc?). That being said, the family background of a perp is usually brought into play, either by prosecution, defense or both. To understand someone's behavior, his/her background is a strong indicator, unless that person happens to be a "bad seed." Sierra's family went under a tremendous amount of scrutiny, and they are the innocent victims here. There is no way the DA would charge murder and kidnapping if he didn't have solid, reliable evidence to prove his case.

I feel bad for the ATG family; they are in shock and pain. No family deserves this mantel. They do need to look directly at their family member who thoughtlessly betrayed them, not the public.

I was wondering about the statute of limitations in ATG's prior alleged abduction attempts. Only murder has no SOL.

MOO.

]My understanding is that the parents were divorced in 1992, making ATG an infant, or no more than a year or so old. We do not know the dynamics of the family (did he see his father during that 20-year-period, etc[/b]?). That being said, the family background of a perp is usually brought into play, either by prosecution, defense or both. To understand someone's behavior, his/her background is a strong indicator, unless that person happens to be a "bad seed." Sierra's family went under a tremendous amount of scrutiny, and they are the innocent victims here. There is no way the DA would charge murder and kidnapping if he didn't have solid, reliable evidence to prove his case.

I feel bad for the ATG family; they are in shock and pain. No family deserves this mantel. They do need to look directly at their family member who thoughtlessly betrayed them, not the public.

I was wondering about the statute of limitations in ATG's prior alleged abduction attempts. Only murder has no SOL.

MOO.

Thanks for that info, I did not know the parents divorced in 92. How much visitation and exposure to his Father thru the years would be extremely relevant. I hope we hear about that in the near future.

One of my thoughts was along the lines of exposure to *advertiser censored* while in the care of his Father. Whether or not it was inadvertent. Generally speaking, was he exposed to perversion which shaped his views on sex?

All just thoughts on my part, I think it's natural to look for cause and effect. At least for me it is, although I realize sometimes it can't be explained. Just a "bad seed", as you said. The Father may have no impact on ADT's actions at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow