Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you'll be a wonderful mommy someday vashley. But, not everyone is a good a parent and it's so difficult to remember that when searching these boards. I'm sitting in my lovely home now with my husband and I know exactly where my children are. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that if any of us went missing, the others would search to the ends of the earth to find him/her. Ironically, the more time you spend on these boards, the more we must realize that not every family is that way. It's difficult to believe and impossible to understand, but it's true....and heartbreaking. And we cannot overlook those who may not have anyone in the world. I work with a women who has no real family. She has friends who might notice her missing, but she really has no family who would know or care if she went missing. So very sad.

So sad, but so true.. and I know it's difficult to not take such valuable, important people who love us the most for granted sometimes.. but when I hear about things like this, I feel so grateful that I have family that cares but ashamed that I let it happen sometimes.

I see some pretty ugly things at work, too. I have been called to go to houses with elderly people who are just lonely and want someone to talk to because they have no family that cares. :(

So sad, but so true.. and I know it's difficult to not take such valuable, important people who love us the most for granted sometimes.. but when I hear about things like this, I feel so grateful that I have family that cares but ashamed that I let it happen sometimes.

I see some pretty ugly things at work, too. I have been called to go to houses with elderly people who are just lonely and want someone to talk to because they have no family that cares. :(

Awwww - that's so very sad. Luckily, there are people here who really do care enough to put their hearts and souls into finding out where these people belong. I'm glad you've joined the effort to find a name for MJD and you've really brought a lot of valuable insight into the discussion in a very short time!

Awwww - that's so very sad. Luckily, there are people here who really do care enough to put their hearts and souls into finding out where these people belong. I'm glad you've joined the effort to find a name for MJD and you've really brought a lot of valuable insight into the discussion in a very short time!

Well thank you! I appreciate that.

I'm glad I joined, too. I will not give up on this poor young lady!

Even though I can't share the feeling because I am not a parent, I know it must be so hard to look through these cases and see such sad endings for these poor children who left the world, and have been forgotten..

How can someone NOT claim their own child?.. are they afraid to learn what may have happened? Or are they just that cold and selfish?..

I freak out and cry if my CAT gets out of the house.. and I have searched for him in snow with nothing but a t-shirt and flip flops on and didn't sleep until he came home!

Maybe she didn't have any family so nobody would be looking for her. The police would have no way of knowing if she was pushed or jumped from the car. I asked Suzi about that last year. IMO since the back of her head was injured my guess is she did jump out of the moving car. The question we should ask Suzi is if JD had any drugs in her system. I doubt she ever said anything after the accident for them to know whether she had an accent or not because she had too much brain damage.

Maybe she didn't have any family so nobody would be looking for her. The police would have no way of knowing if she was pushed or jumped from the car. I asked Suzi about that last year. IMO since the back of her head was injured my guess is she did jump out of the moving car. The question we should ask Suzi is if JD had any drugs in her system. I doubt she ever said anything after the accident for them to know whether she had an accent or not because she had too much brain damage.

All true. But we're wondering what she said BEFORE the accident and whether the people who were with her in the car ever mentioned that. Foreign, southern, eastern, whatever. It could help to narrow down where she came from and where we should be searching.

Well, we wanted to ask if Alonzo or Lindsay mentioned anything to investigators about her having an accent. Of course after the incident, I would imagine she was instantly comatose. It was reported in the newspaper article she was smoking marijuana, which isn't toxic enough to trigger her death chemically, but could have easily distorted her thinking process, to her becoming paranoid becoming severely anxious.

I don't know.. but when they said she was "babbling", that sounds more like she had meth or cocaine in her system rather than marijuana which depresses the CNS.

Only the ME report will tell, I guess.

Well, we wanted to ask if Alonzo or Lindsay mentioned anything to investigators about her having an accent. Of course after the incident, I would imagine she was instantly comatose. It was reported in the newspaper article she was smoking marijuana, which isn't toxic enough to trigger her death chemically, but could have easily distorted her thinking process, to her becoming paranoid becoming severely anxious.

I don't know.. but when they said she was "babbling", that sounds more like she had meth or cocaine in her system rather than marijuana which depresses the CNS.

Only the ME report will tell, I guess.

It's occurred to me lately that maybe They felt she was "babbling" because she was speaking a foreign language.

It's occurred to me lately that maybe They felt she was "babbling" because she was speaking a foreign language.

Yes, I mentioned that in a previous post, but it was sort of ignored, lol.

And I also mentioned that Alonzo Fernandez sounds of Hispanic descent, he may not have even REALIZED she had an accent if he has one himself!

I don't know, I'm not sure I can give any credit to someone who was under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time this happened.

And what if when he was initially interviewed after he was stopped and he just blew the incident off saying, "She was some hooker I picked up on Van Buren and she went crazy and started babbling and jumped out because she was high on drugs!"

He probably knew the case would be in his favor if he could get her in more trouble for not stopping to help her...

To validate the story Alonzo allegedly told, our JD would have to have THC in her system. I'd like this confirmed by ME.

Could be. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.

O/T a bit - I contacted a police department today with info about a missing person and a UID. Both men were posted on the National Center for Missing Adults and seemed like an obvious match to me. The PO did not even know about NCMA - I had to walk him through it. Turns out that both the DOB and date missing of the missing person were wrong. I tell you this only to illustrate how information that we use to search may not always be accurate or complete. Sometimes, what seems like an obvious or identifying characteristic may be overlooked or omitted. We cannot always depend on age, height, weight, tatoos, etc.

This is a very common story, sadly. If you get a chance, check out project Jason's campaign for the missing. A central piece is standardizing data bases and training for LE. And by and large, there will be little to no charge for the states considering the impact on the missing and UID's. Imagine a central database that would run against each other, and standard forms so the data will match....

I will call and request a copy of the ME report and police report as well, so maybe a few of us can get copies...

I noticed that case 99-1024 from the ME office in Maricopa involved a girl from the same age range around the same time frame. It was stated that the clothing she was wearing was shown on the website, and that she might have been a child forced into prostitution. The case is solved, so there are no further details. Can anybody find the circumstances around her discovery and then when it was solved?

I noticed that case 99-1024 from the ME office in Maricopa involved a girl from the same age range around the same time frame. It was stated that the clothing she was wearing was shown on the website, and that she might have been a child forced into prostitution. The case is solved, so there are no further details. Can anybody find the circumstances around her discovery and then when it was solved?

Wow. There could definitely be a connection.

I just finished reading up on all the developments in the last 2 days. Great work, everyone! I too am frustrated with the lack of info from LE. And I am shocked to learn that they believe she was under 16, yet a prostitute..IMO very few women go into prostitution, especially a young teenager like that. My guess is that LE has uncovered some sort of child abuse/prostitution ring, and that's why they are being so hush-hush.

ETA, that was supposed to say very few women go into prostitution of their own volition, usually drugs and/or coercion involved

I found this article and am glad to see someone is helping these girls. Has anyone contacted the founder about MJD? She might be able to help.

http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/200805/fighting-child-prostitution/

Thanks! I'll check that out.

I read somewhere that the average age for child prostitutes is 13 years old! And can be as young as 9!

I, too, think the cops are being so tight lipped because they may have uncovered something bigger..

Good work guys.

Child prostitution has been so bad in Phoenix, the community leaders made a documentary to spread its awareness if its any interest for anyone to check it out...

http://www.brandedphx.com/

That case is listed as being a woman age 30-50, not a girl from MJDs age range?
I'll look around later and see if I can find anything on it though.
It looks like there are a few other unidentified women kind of around her age range though (not identified yet), one from 2002, one from 1992, 1997 etc. but nothing from 1999 at least thats still on the site? Where did you find that? Maybe its the girl from 2002? She's the closest in age to MJD but not yet identified that I can tell.

Here's the Maricopa link again for anyone who hasn't seen it. Something about the girl from 1992 seems familiar- can anyone recall a case of a missing woman/girl with pink glasses? I feel like I've seen that on Doe Network or somewhere? http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx

That case is listed as being a woman age 30-50, not a girl from MJDs age range?
I'll look around later and see if I can find anything on it though.
It looks like there are a few other unidentified women kind of around her age range though (not identified yet), one from 2002, one from 1992, 1997 etc. but nothing from 1999 at least thats still on the site? Where did you find that? Maybe its the girl from 2002? She's the closest in age to MJD but not yet identified that I can tell.

Here's the Maricopa link again for anyone who hasn't seen it. Something about the girl from 1992 seems familiar- can anyone recall a case of a missing woman/girl with pink glasses? I feel like I've seen that on Doe Network or somewhere? http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx

Yes, she was on the Doe Network, I recall her as well.

The girls closest to MJD age range seem to have similar circumstances, and are only a few years apart from her incident. That disturbs me.

This is a cut and paste from another website that is following this case as well:
Individual Case Report
Unidentified Deceased Reporting System​
ME/C Contact InformationName:Suzi DodtAgency:Maricopa County Medical ExaminerPhone Number:602-372-1126E-mail Address:dodts@mail.maricopa.gov
Case InformationStatus:Unidentified
Case Number:99-0305NCIC
Number:N/A
Date Found:1999-01-26 00:00:00
Date Entered:2007-06-30 00:00:00
Date Modified:2008-01-22 08:31:00
GPS Found:N/A
Address Found:Interstate 10, milepost 173.5 eastboundAZ
Maricopa County
Demographics and CircumstancesEstimated Age:Adolescent
Minimum Age:13 years
Maximum Age:18 years
Race:WhiteEthnicity:N/A
Sex:Female
Weight (lbs.):120,
EstimatedHeight (inch):64,
MeasuredCondition:Recognizable Face
Probable Year of Death:1999
Est. Postmortem Interval:N/A Hours
DNA Profile Status:Complete - nucDNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD
Circumstances of Death:This young girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died in the hospital a day later. The other(s) in the vehicle never came forward to ID her.
Body DetailsTattoos:blue heart tattoo on chest
Piercings:earring and a navel ring
Fingerprint ClassificationRTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/ALTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Fingerprint CommentsN/A
Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing With Body:unsure
Jewelry:yellow metal earring with clear stone, 2 yellow metal earrings with black stones, one white metal navel ring
Head Hair:sixteen inch long blonde hair with brown roots
Body Hair:xxxxxx
Facial Hair:light brown eyebrows
Eye Color:blue
Dental
Dental Summary: One or More Teeth Present, Upper Jaw Present, Lower Jaw Present
Upper Right12345678910111213141516Upper
LeftLower
RightLower
Left32313029282726252423222120191817
Dental Comments:3=O 14=O,L 18=M,O 19=O,D 30=O
Photos
I hope this is OK to do in the interest of sharing information....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie