GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

sewingdeb, yes they do mental evals. My statement was tongue in cheek... The stress of the school though...could make the strongest crack. My husband said ranger school was like pure torture...

Yeah, that's what I heard. Many couldn't take it and some dropped out (or were dropped) every day.

Found this on another site, going to go see if i can find anything on the names.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...-pregnant-soldier-found-dead-in-a-hotel-room/

Anibal Says:
June 28, 2008 at 4:46 am
This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma….her boyfreind name was Sgt Edgar Patino..He is station in Fort Brag. He is aslo marry to Heileen Patino. He was also station he in Bamberg, Germany. I spoke to her the day before she left and she told me that was his baby and she was seven months pregnant. He was a buddy of mind. We were both assigned to 54th Egineer Batallion.This is regarding the murder of SPC Megan Lynn Touma.

Interesting info, thanks.

Fellow GI sought in pregnant soldier's death

(CNN) -- Authorities have identified a soldier in training as a person of interest in the death of a pregnant soldier who was found in a hotel, a military official said.
art.touma.ap.jpg
Spc. Megan Lynn Touma, 23, was seven months pregnant when her body was found in a North Carolina hotel.

Authorities discovered the body of Spc. Megan Lynn Touma, 23, who was seven months pregnant, in a motel in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on June 21.

So we are to believe that this soldier "named person of interest" is a zodiac killer copycat?

The symbol in the mirror, and on the letter is defintely un-nerving.

Hate to quote my own post, but could any of you with the secret insider knowledge
of Our Military (which the average American citizen seems to lack) please tell us if the POI was involved in this confrontation between 'special' ops and Law Enforcement? It does seem as though the letter is specifically mocking the local police. Also, do they line up in formation alphabetically? Tomeny...Touma. Lauterbach...Laurean? Thanx.
poi is at a school...same one linked above. I do not know if edgar patino lopez is the same as poi named by le. sgt edgar patino lopez was last stationed in bamberg, germany with the 54th engineers. He was named by a tipster at Bonnie's blog of crime (previously linked here)

sorry...I didn't finish that truly.... I do not believe the two things are connected. The incident happened in 2002 and the poi is currently in the school. Also, I do not have secret insider knowledge but I do have 17 years being married to an army officer and in the army we call it a "command team" lol. It is a a culture with it's own language and, I know, confusing if you don't know all the lingo. I don't know it all...but I know a lot and am happy help with background for this case.

poi is at a school...same one linked above. I do not know if edgar patino lopez is the same as poi named by le. sgt edgar patino lopez was last stationed in bamberg, germany with the 54th engineers. He was named by a tipster at Bonnie's blog of crime (previously linked here)
Thanks, nursebeeme. Do you have access to ako because you are in the Army, or is through marriage, and if through marriage, did you have to take some kind of oath to keep it a secret? I just find it facinating that civilians, who are supposed to be in charge of the military in this country, have such a limited access to information about even the most minute details. For instance, there has been practically no information released by the military about Maria Lauterbach. I just find that strange...and a bit unnerving. It seems as though the military should at the very least inform civilian Law Enforcement if they are going to go all commando in residential areas. Sometimes I wonder if the military is even under the control of the Federal government...or if it has been totally privatized! How to find out? HaHa, that's private! Oh, well, thanks again for all of your excellent research. Keep us posted. :)

sorry...I didn't finish that truly.... I do not believe the two things are connected. The incident happened in 2002 and the poi is currently in the school. Also, I do not have secret insider knowledge but I do have 17 years being married to an army officer and in the army we call it a "command team" lol. It is a a culture with it's own language and, I know, confusing if you don't know all the lingo. I don't know it all...but I know a lot and am happy help with background for this case.
LOL, you answered before I asked! Linguistics is not confusing. It is the fact that some random citizens have access to databases that the rest of us do not. I just find that odd. You're great, tho!:blowkiss:

Honestly, I think the local LE who appear to be down and gritty with this case will solve it. The Army postures won't effect the outcome. Political correctness is something we have all observed but washes down the drain with hard evidence. I don't think local LE is giving up on this case or Megan. JMO.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3122798/

truly, If I told you I would have to kill you LOL...just kidding.

Sigh... It really takes a long time to give enough credit to military spouses everywhere to explain why we have access to ako. For one, the active duty sponsor must create such user accounts and there are also different levels of user acounts. OF COURSE I cannot access siper information...that is rediculous to even think. I have access to the info that I need to have to run family support groups and all the other miriad of unpaid jobs that come along with being married to a servicemember.

as for what and how much support the military gives local LE...well that is not known to the public.... If the military is good at one thing it is at keeping top secret things secret (usually) The name written about in this case by a tipster could be fake and it was also by an individual...not the army institution. As for going comando in residential areas I don't get that either. Is it the same as going postal? Is it the same as gang violence or random tornados?

The military is hardly privatized. That is actually funny! We use AKO to VTC each other downrange and access very important information and services during the current war. It (ako) has come a long way. It is the one of the few approved methods of emailing and video chatting with loved ones downrange...why? Because it is controlled and the only persons with access are the ones approved to have such access. It has actually largly evolved to the level it has due to what I just explained.

Please don't think that just because you cannot get on it that it is some hush hush top secret data base and plethura of things that civillians cannot look at. It is what it is because of what the military does, where it is at in the world, and the breadth of what it works to protect (namely this country and everything in it).

It is the fact that some random citizens have access to databases that the rest of us do not.

truly...we are not random citizens we are military members and their family...and seriously....all it is...is a military people search if you know the name, branch, rank, etc... just like google people search because all service members and most spouses have ako addresses (it is also an email service)

:blowkiss:it took me 17 years to learn all of this stuff so I am willing to explain anything. I know it sounds bizarre but it really is all part of the oiled, big, machine (military lol)..:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:(woo hoo men in formation lol)

As for going comando in residential areas I don't get that either.

The 'going commando' was specifically in reference to the possibility that some (present or former) Fort Bragg personnel might perhaps still hold a grudge against LE, since they still feature an incident from 2002 so prominently on their official/unofficial website. I was thinking that the letter-writer might have it in for the police. The letter seems more directed at civilian LE than either the victim or her family.

truly...we are not random citizens we are military members and their family
The military is subservient to the citizens in America. I think that this killer is someone who does not understand this basic premise, who thinks that, as a member of the military, he is above the law of the land.

According to Mapquest, Charlotte to Ft. Bragg is 2hours and 45 minutes.

I recently moved from Salisbury, (not Charlotte)where the dentist was murdered, to Fayetteville/Fort Bragg. I rented an office across from Dr Boyd a few years back, I think he served a pretty rough crowd being one of the view in town that accepted medicaid (nothing against medicaid recipients of course) Sorry O/T

If there is anything I can answer about the hotel or area that cant be seen on a map or whatever, let me know I'll go take a look.

I think the letter is an attempt to throw LE off someone's scent, but I gotta admit the whole serial killer thing really makes me wish my husband was at home.

Has anyone questioned why an alleged serial killer, who has murdered across many states and not been arrested, would suddenly lay claim to one murder, and make vague claims of other murders- both by use of the zodiac symbol in the room and the use of the symbol in the letter?

The letter was a ruse, the use of the symbol was a ruse IMO. The zodiac symbol has been widely used in movies, books and other places and just kind of represents "serial killer." Whoever used it was hoping to throw LE off track, maybe a desperate attempt to stop them from looking at someone with a relationship with her. I do think the letter was sent by the killer, but I don't think the killer is a serial murderer.

If I am correct about the use of ruses, then you have to be guarded about online comments that claim info about the murderer. They could be true. But they could also be diversions hoping that LE will hear and that they will divert them to another person with some type of relationship to Megan.

Has anything been said about why Megan Touma was at the motel? Was she staying there while in training? Or was she staying elsewhere and this was a one time thing? If this was not her regular place to stay, then why would she go there that time? Was this a place that she normally met with the father of the baby?

We serve America but SUBSERVIENT? I am going to do a chicoliving and hold my tongue. He once said he held his tongue so many times you could get prints off of it

We serve America but SUBSERVIENT?
Damn straight. It is the basic premise of our country. It is why we will never be a military dictatorship. The military in America is absolutely subservient to the citizens. Without a doubt. Look it up. :)

truly, tongue still holding but it is hard...but dude..you have got to be kidding me right?

mysteriew, if you start reading back at page one it has all the case and links from the start including the timeline. Megan was coming to her new station of fort bragg from bamberg, germany.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back