AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind in the reading... so this might fall in an awkward spot...

Maybe the parents drove separate cars to the game on Friday. Mom went home earlier to go to bed to get up early.

Dad stayed behind to "clean up" the fields, etc.

They may have each thought the other brought Isa home.

"I thought YOU brought her home!" "No, I thought YOU brought her home!" kind of thing.

Just a thought.

Someone up-thread suggested the Mom worked Friday and was not at the game. Wish we could find out if this is true.

Since Dad was a coach, it makes me think they took two cars. Coaches have to get there early and are the last to leave. When My DH coached I always came later with our daughter. And we left before he did too. I am going to speculate they had two cars that night. But it is weird that they will not say who put Isa to bed. Since it was 11 pm, then maybe she came home with Dad.

Honestly with as many people that come to the games, some parents stick around afterwards and talk, let the kids stay up late and play, or if the kids fall asleep close by if the parents bring a blanket or chair. So I can see them taking one car, to be honest.

This article states that LE are looking for video specifically from Freedom park from the 20th. Then it states that freedom park is definitely where she was watching the ballgame on friday night, so that should clear up any question about where they were friday night.

Snipped-
Isabel was at that ballpark watching a game with her family last Friday evening..

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thanks was not enough! After All of our attempts to figure out the league/team to find out the park they were at, and now they finally put it in an article :crazy:

Since Dad was a coach, it makes me think they took two cars. Coaches have to get there early and are the last to leave. When My DH coached I always came later with our daughter. And we left before he did too. I am going to speculate they had two cars that night. But it is weird that they will not say who put Isa to bed. Since it was 11 pm, then maybe she came home with Dad.

This is the direction that I am leaning. Rather, that she "came home with Dad", who "put her to bed". And then mom did not check on her in the morning, so she may have had no idea.

Someone up-thread suggested the Mom worked Friday and was not at the game. Wish we could find out if this is true.

I heard from a coworker nurse of the moms, which I repeated this question 2 times, Was the mom home that night/morning she went missing? It seems like from what I remember (I could be wrong) that her coworker said she had been off Friday and was scheduled for 8 am Saturday morning. She had been at a ball game with her family friday evening/night. Then her dad went to wake her up for her 9am baseball game and she was gone, so he called the Pediatric ER where the mom was working with the nurse I spoke to in person, and told her Isa was missing.

IF the mother did work the night of the game, and IF her dad was the one that transported Isabel, and IF her mother didn't check on her that night when she got home like she didn't check her in the morning, then there is no one except the brothers to say whether she was ever seen after that game, or whether she made it home at ll that night. That's important info, as far as I'm concerned, because it would change the whole thing, and I would start to change my opinion of who may and may not have had a part in this.

Of course, most of this is just speculation and "ifs".

WS does not sleuth minors, nor post their pictures, etc. I don't think the posting of the ball schedule - that is commonly found online - was a huge problem, but thank you dntslp for deleting your post and removing the link.

As always - a WSer's concern should be the safety of minors above all else. Our cases are heartbreaking and many involve innocent children. We do not want to contribute to that in any way - so just asking yourself, before you post, if the information could make it easier for an evil person to find a child, will help you decide if you should make the post.

Hope that helps - you guys did good!

Salem
LOL! I didn't link it but that's okay! As long as it's all good now. :)

Unfortunately, no- it has been said that the mother's parents live down the street, so there is speculation that the uncle could also live there. Likely he was nearby, but we do not know for sure if he was in the house. LE declined to say who was in the house that night.

It's been said he is on the mother's side but I am not entirely clear as to why that is- her FB page, maybe?

Why would the mom's parents have the same last name as her husband? I think it was HIS parents who lived a block or so away. There's an RSO living in the block between the two homes.

Why would the mom's parents have the same last name as her husband? I think it was HIS parents who lived a block or so away. There's an RSO living in the block between the two homes.

You're right, this has since been corrected. It appears his parents live nearby, and I am still unclear on the relation of the uncle, but I was just repeating speculation that he lived down the street. But it was just that- speculation.

This article states that LE are looking for video specifically from Freedom park from the 20th. Then it states that freedom park is definitely where she was watching the ballgame on friday night, so that should clear up any question about where they were friday night.

Snipped-
Isabel was at that ballpark watching a game with her family last Friday evening..

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

I wonder why Freedom Park wasn't included in the parks searched list during the presser.

Why do they cover this case after a WEEK, but coverage of Sierra's case is still two weeks away when she's already been missing well over a month!?!

Age. Isabel is not a potential runaway, but that possibility still exists with Sierra. Also, people know tat bad things happen to kids outside of their homes all the time, but Isa is missing from inside her house, and that may represent a community threat, whereas Sierra's case, due to the runaway possibility would be considered less of a threat to the community at large.

Freedom Park doesn't have a body of water unless you include the pool...

While the circumstances are unfortunate, I truly appreciate - as do many others, I'm sure - your local prespective and input to this discussion. Your contributions about neighborhoods, Little League, parks, terrain, traffic, etc. have been very helpful. :tyou:

Why do they cover this case after a WEEK, but coverage of Sierra's case is still two weeks away when she's already been missing well over a month!?!

The one on Sierra next month is a longer piece...tonight may be brief on Isabel...
It seems to take AMW about 3 weeks from an in-depth piece to airing...JMO

WS does not sleuth minors, nor post their pictures, etc. I don't think the posting of the ball schedule - that is commonly found online - was a huge problem, but thank you dntslp for deleting your post and removing the link.

As always - a WSer's concern should be the safety of minors above all else. Our cases are heartbreaking and many involve innocent children. We do not want to contribute to that in any way - so just asking yourself, before you post, if the information could make it easier for an evil person to find a child, will help you decide if you should make the post.

Hope that helps - you guys did good!

Salem

:bump:

And, while the ball schedule may be available online, identifying the teams that her brothers play for and posting their past or future game schedules falls under "sleuthing minors" and is not allowed.

So why wouldn't they have reported her missing from the park?

It was just a thought. I don't believe that's what happened. I don't know the answer to any of the whys in this case.

The only reason I can think of why she wouldn't have been reported missing from the park is because the family/a family member had something to do with it.

Hmmm...then you're saying they each thought the other put her to bed? Then it would have to follow that the perp snatched her at the ballpark, when no one was looking. That's a lot of coincidences! :moo:

AND....
It explains no jammies for last clothes seen in

Mom may have thought Dad put Isa to bed...Dad thought Isa was already in bed when he came home, tired.

Isa wasn't home that night at all!

Parents feel guilty as He77!

May feel they will be arrested for negligence, on top of all the other stuff regarding abduction.

Or... maybe they DID tell the police, but the police do not want to let the public know.

Just a scenario!

And :moo::moo::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members