NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that SM is a battered woman, but could see her using that as a defense.
I believe she abused and used brainwashing techniques on dad. In order to 'survive' he emotionally bonded to SM. This left the helpless child out there without anyone.

from www.wsoctv.com/news noon newscast.....A large number of searchers are heading back to the area of the woodpile including, Burke, Caldwell Co. SBI and FBI. Reporter said it would be a large scale search effort.

Does anyone know if police have searched thier previous residence? I have a feeling Z never made the move with them....

They said this morning they know she made the move with them and that the timeline they are working on now, she was last seen "independent" of immediate family, mid-September. Which is about a month ago.

HICKORY, N.C. -- Channel 9 has been able to confirm from police that the missing Hickory girl, Zahra Clare Baker, did make the move to Hickory with her family from Sawmills in Caldwell County and have confirmed that she was alive as recently as mid-September.

Police said they have searched four properties in Caldwell County where the family lived and plan on looking at those properties possibly again Thursday.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

Good morning (it's just shy of 6 am here) checking in for Zahra.

my :twocents: on the change in wording about AB being cooperative or not cooperative.

I, personally, hold off on forming an opinion or changing my mind as reports change in the MSM about a person associated or a POI or suspect and etc. related to a criminal case.

Here's why.

Many of us here have seen (for instance in high profile cases like Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Sylar...etc) that as the investigation develops and especially this early into the investigation that reports can not only vary but change daily and sometimes several times within a day.

This is where I have to actively read.

I read:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=221534&catid=28
posted yesterday to internet

snip:

Then I read:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html
Updated: 11:38 am EDT October 14, 2010

snip:

First quote directly from Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt, second quote attributed to "police".

Okay...

That tells me I need to wait until there is a report that either says McDevitt on it or has another officials name.

JMHO on all that jazz :)

(another thought) added to this post: wfgodot pointed out that we need to be cautious in naming SM as monster. I agree. Another member here quoted a few lines for an Auden poem several threads back and it and what wfgodot has said are very important to consider and make this even more horrifying.

Evil is mundane. Every time we walk outside of our homes we stare evil in the face. We just don't realize it most of the time. Evil sits at our tables and eats with us, it sometimes shares our beds, sometimes it stares us back when we look in the mirror. It's common, it's ordinary and it's nothing special. The fine line is 99% of us wouldn't be involved in something like this crime. But that remaining 1% you can't look at them and tell they would honestly IMHO. SM is nothing special. We see women murder children every single day. We see couples dispose of children's bodies in such a way those children are never found. We have no clue what they've done to those children other than murder them.Anyway, Sorry for the long post! Praying that Zahra is found quickly and soon.

BBM, if that isn't about as true as it gets, I don't know what is. :(

I don't believe that SM is a battered woman, but could see her using that as a defense.
I believe she abused and used brainwashing techniques on dad. In order to 'survive' he emotionally bonded to SM. This left the helpless child out there without anyone.

I totally disagree. I think he is just as evil as she is. And Oh how I wish his myspace was public.

Early on there were posts about EB having 2 daughter/stepdaughters with the same 1st name, though spelled differently. One is BS (is she a bio daughter) and who is the other? Can anyone recall or was it determined that that was actually not the case?

from www.wsoctv.com/news noon newscast.....A large number of searchers are heading back to the area of the woodpile including, Burke, Caldwell Co. SBI and FBI. Reporter said it would be a large scale search effort.

Bless them for their relentless search efforts to recover this girl. I couldn't imagine returning over and over again like this not knowing what you will find.

I'm going to go against popular thought here.

I don't think Adam knows what happened to Zhara or where her body is.

We have reports that Adam wasn't very bright, that he worked long hours (lots of landscapers do), that he didn't see Zhara very often because she was often in bed when he'd get home, and that EB was very controlling. We have family saying that it seemed Zhara loved EB. We have reports that EB hid her hand injury from AB because he would have been furious if he knew she hit Zhara. We have pictures that show family gatherings, time with cousins, new babies, birthday parties, vacations, etc.

Stay with me here.

We had neighbors once who had a little boy. We lived in an apartment so it was EASY to hear just about everything that happened over there. The mother was a freaking MONSTER. She was crazy, on drugs, yelling all the time, abusive (verbally and physically) to the son, had men coming and going at all hours, would have the same clothes on and be unwashed for a day or two. But when dad was around (which wasn't often - he worked 2 jobs) ... it was COMPLETELY different. We always knew when he was going to be there because we'd hear her cleaning all day and then she'd get showered and sit outside with the little boy playing nearby. She'd dote on the son and cater to her husband. It was CRAZY to watch. She'd explain away bruises with stories most would believe. And yes, we called CPS MANY times but her act was so good ... they would even fall for it. She ended up getting really controlling and abusive with the DAD after 2 years and was finally arrested on drug charges so he woke up and left her. But I still do not think that he realizes what their little one hand to endure. I don't think he has any clue whatsoever. He probably had many red flags that indicated she was a little whacked but he has no idea the extent of it.

That mother easily could have killed that child and that father wouldn't have known anything. Thankfully that was one case that had a good ending... but sometimes people have their heads up their butts and I think that's the case with AB . :furious:

Feeling nauseated after posting my theory above. I guess the main things that started that train of thought were the glove, scent in both cars, scent at the dad's work, and the machines at his work...

Hi Beli... Im with you feeling nauseated. I had the same train of thought, and its making me ill..

nice to see you, but sadly, its always something horrid :(

I keep telling myself that the chipper was used for her leg.. only her leg. This is the most disturbing case I have ever heard.:furious:

Early on there were posts about EB having 2 daughter/stepdaughters with the same 1st name, though spelled differently. One is BS (is she a bio daughter) and who is the other? Can anyone recall or was it determined that that was actually not the case?

She has two daughters. One has the initials BS first name Brittney.

There is also another Brittney (BS initials also) that is married/separated from EB's nephew.

Sherbet.. so sorry about your kitty... ((hugs))
Myself as well. My cats are my children, and we love them. May kitty bound across rainbow bridge and be enjoying a good snack and some catnip there!

There has got to be a reason they keep going back there!!! Someone has been talking or some trace evidence has been confirmed, I HOPE.

Oh and Belimom...don't feel bad for posting the thoughts some of us already had in our heads about what happened to this precious child. Your post was very well written and I am following your train of thought. Hugs!

Or he is a that is attracted to his own type.

That he is the type of man that runs a young woman with an infant in her car off the road.

That he let his disabled and cancer surviving daughter be tortured by some chick he was bangin'.

That he was the type of man that moved said daughter after CPS came to see what his wife was doing to said daughter.

That he is the type of man who has LE at his job site looking for forensics in a WOODCHIPPER.

..... or maybe he is a brainwashed victim of abuse, you could almost convince me

when hell freezes over

(Just my opinion, not intended as an attack at all)

Maybe it's possible to sleuth up some specific times/dates today? I will try my best to do some research as well (my cat passed away last night, so I am in and out of bawling), but I know our Astros are looking for specifics.

Trying to find the exact date of when Zahra was last seen (this might find a time/date per the picture of Zahra that was posting online on a family members account). And, hopefully, the day/time the inspector came out. If possible, the day she left Australia for the states.

If anyone bumps across this information, could you please direct it to the Astros?

(I don't know if this is OT and worth a TO, but thought it good a good plan. Again, sorry if I am not thinking too well this morning.)

I'm so sorry about your loss. Pets are loved like little furry children.

Hi Beli... Im with you feeling nauseated. I had the same train of thought, and its making me ill..

nice to see you, but sadly, its always something horrid :(

I keep telling myself that the chipper was used for her leg.. only her leg. This is the most disturbing case I have ever heard.:furious:

Good to see you, sad... Missed posting/sleuthing with you! Yes, horrid is correct. I think this case is one of the worst... this and Shaniya, although I do believe little Shaniya's hell was shorter lived than poor Zahra's abuse with her stepmom.

It's all tragic...

Looks like EB's MySpace has been taken down. I get an error that says it can't be found any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff