TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay regarding whether or not NG pays people to be on her show: I read once that celebrities are not paid to come on talk shows, etc to do interviews because it's considered free publicity for them. I think it would be the same for parents of missing/murdered children; you don't get paid because the publicity the show will give you is your "reward". I think it basically comes down to, "You need the media more than the media needs you."

Yeah but the neighbor was addicted to drugs.. That alone makes him not credible...same goes for certain other people involved in the case.

Quite possibly makes him an associate - people have to get their drugs from someone.

:( Oh my gosh. Although I'm an admitted fence sitter here, :fence: reading this post gives me cause to think about jumping off. Not good - not good at all. :(

Kimster, would you mind sharing what is pushing you off the fence? Just curious.

I think this just proves that text to MB pinged from somewhere other than the home.
jmo... but actually it states otherwise...

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

to me this rules out other sightings by beauty shop lady and the text to mb as it is comparing the EYEWITNESS accounts to the PHONE records....in which the only sighting that involves both... is that of the neighbor....

its never been stated that Hailey was SEEN by mb nor that the beauty shop lady stated Hailey was ON A PHONE.

the only eyewitness account of seeing Hailey on a phone is the neighbor....jmo

Two articles in my local news this morning raise good points (and save me a lot of writing).

Aksleuth posted earlier that TES was here in New Orleans this week searching for the body of Bryan Reed, brother of Baltimore Raven Ed Reed. A LEO saw Reed jump into the Mississippi River, and sonar had no problem finding the exact location, yet the recovery was treacherous.

For days, sophisticated sonar showed that the body was mere yards from the spot where a St. Charles Parish Sheriff's deputy said he heard a splash and saw an arm in the water. But workers just could not reach him. And some were about to give up. "We were five minutes away from the point where we thought we were going to be unsuccessful," St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne said Wednesday.

Authorities searched the waters near Alliance Street in Kenner for several days without success. Finally Reed's family brought in EquuSearch, a private search and rescue team out of Texas. Using sonar, employees located what they thought was Reed's body on Sunday, but divers were unable to reach it.
"It was a classic case of so close but so far," Champagne said. "The obstructions in this area were incredible. The diver got tangled up every time he went down. There was concern for the safety of the diver.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/for_ed_reed_and_family_closure.html

In the past 10 years, Texas Equusearch has worked with law enforcement authorities on nearly 1,200 searches in more than 40 states in the United States and around the world. No family is ever given a bill. At the conclusion of virtually every search, Miller, 64, has been there. That includes cases of runaways and people suffering from dementia to other high-profile searches, like the disappearance of Doug Schantz in New Orleans in March.

No request is turned down
As Tran [friend of Doug Schantz] works to try to boost the visibility of EquuSearch, he has also tried to convince Miller that there isn't enough money for the gas and lodging costs for searches all around the country. The group's board of director's voted to pay Miller a $50,000 annual salary, but all too often, Miller said he takes nothing because "the searches come first."

Tran said the financial picture is so stark at times that he approached Miller about turning down some searches. "I tried to tell him he must be more selective. That he can't say yes to everyone," Tran said. But Miller just shook his head. "He told me that if he gets a phone call from anyone saying they need help, he's going."
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/founder_of_volunteer_texas_res.html

Hey, lying, withholding information, obfuscating, manipulating and playing games has worked thus far in the Haleigh Cummings case. Maybe BD and SA should be back together, maybe LE can arrest them when they go to buy the next drugs! :banghead:

This same game playing was used by the anthony's, bakers, and now this case.
I wish there were laws to put people behind the jail bars for this!!
Answers might be quicker.
Where's Hailey?
What have they done with her?
Yes IMO, 'both' are in this together.

Chock full o' past tense:

“Cheerleading wasn’t her favorite thing,” Dunn said. “She loved softball, volleyball, and basketball. She was first chair saxophone in band.”

Hailey, who vanished without a trace on December 26 or 27, has captured national headlines, creating a media frenzy in Colorado City, her picture displayed on billboards along Interstate 20 and portrayed as the “perfect cheerleader” on Nancy Grace.

“That’s not who she was. She’d rather kick a boy before kissing him,” Dunn said. “She’s very tomboyish.”

Dunn recalls her daughter breaking lots of windows in the backyard while playing ball. “Any kind of ball, she broke a window with it,” she said.

“She was always bored at home and watched a lot of TV. She wrestled with her brother, D. They practiced different (martial art) moves on each other,” Dunn said.

And then:

There’s no evidence my daughter is gone. I decided as long as I believe she’s alive, she is. I’m going to believe she’s alive.

:waitasec: :maddening:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/haileys-mom-clings-hope

WOW! and if there was any doubt... and I noticed the TRIBUTE FROM MB FAMILY pic box along the side, wow just wow

jmo... but actually it states otherwise...

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

to me this rules out other sightings by beauty shop lady and the text to mb as it is comparing the EYEWITNESS accounts to the PHONE records....in which the only sighting that involves both... is that of the neighbor....

its never been stated that Hailey was SEEN by mb nor that the beauty shop lady stated Hailey was ON A PHONE.

the only eyewitness account of seeing Hailey on a phone is the neighbor....jmo

Good point!!!

:thud: That's just the last straw. really? It wasn't when you found out your DAUGHTER WAS MISSING? OMG.

I believe she assumed they meant her lowest point since her daughter went missing.

Two articles in my local news this morning raise good points (and save me a lot of writing).

Aksleuth posted earlier that TES was here in New Orleans this week searching for the body of Bryan Reed, brother of Baltimore Raven Ed Reed. A LEO saw Reed jump into the Mississippi River, and sonar had no problem finding the exact location, yet the recovery was treacherous.

They turn down no one yet.... :( :(

This goes with my past tense/believe she's alive post upthread:

My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things
You set it up so well, so carefully
Ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things
You're still the same old girl you used to be

You can't hide your lyin eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
Honey, you can't hide your lyin' eyes

Eagles

It it the longest she has gone without seeing her daughter...
Always about Billie...
Nothing about what Hailey may be going through...
Billie needs to get a clue, think before she speaks, it is not helping.

The reporter was asking about HER feelings and thoughts... she responded.
What is so terrible about that???

Geeeeeeeezz!

Personally, I think TES always takes what they see as the highest-profile cases. New Orleans and a brother of a Baltimore Raven trumps a missing girl in Texas.

I know I'm cynical, but do we really need TES back for the drama? Do we really need Tim giving us "insider" reports as he did with Caylee Anthony? It seemed to me that once TES becomes the focus of the news, then the family just clams up even more.

All that stuff didn't help find Caylee ~ a meter man did that a block from the Anthony house. No horses or divers needed.

JMOO :cow:

this link is working for me now, for the article, but I do not see a tribute...anyone??

It isn't there now. It was just a box that said I love you Hailey and it was from MB's family. At first glance you might think it was an advertisement. So, it may come and go. jmo

It is there now. So it does float.

I am going to stay really positive today. No past tense thoughts. Focus and stay positive.

TES has special equipment to search from overhead on the properties they cannot get permission to foot search.

This is why I would like to see TES search in this case. I specifically would like the "dead cell ping" area searched from above. There are also bodies of water in those areas, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member