TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, that's the one time she was able to break free of the spokespastor(s) and say what was on her mind, really.

My sense in reading it all at once was that it was gradually building up over time. They probably heeded LE's advice for the most part and stayed quiet at the start. But then, as LE was calling off searches and LE stopped talking to the media, you heard more and more from the Bobo's themselves, leading up to the October Jackson Sun article, which I believe is the most in depth article from their perspective. During that time, as you said, I think they were also getting out from under the thumb of the spokespastor(s) as well. I do wish they had been more out front of this at the beginning but I hardly fault them for that.

I'm wondering if we are beginning to touch on the issues with this case. Could it be that the priorities were handled in the totally wrong order and are still being handled wrong. For instance, we cannot deny that there have been hardly any results thus far with the below items.

It seems the most important priority would be in this order of priority, but we already know that there were comments made on-site from C that he was trying to keep people from walking on the trail. Maybe LE directed him and certain people had directed this all backwards from the very start and they are still going about it backwards in reverse-order.

This would be my order of importance if I had a missing child:
1-Find Holly
2-Find her things so she can be found
3-Find + prosecute whoever was involved

All 3 are important, but the order is also important, and especially that very first day, finding her should have been the only concern. If they let other things like #3 get in the way of that goal, it is easy to see how this case slipped away. It is unfathomable to think they were not letting people go up the trail if that is the way she went, just to try and get footprints later.
Sounds to me like priority was backwards on day 1.

But, the thing is, it needs to change to get different results. Change the priority, change the tactics, change something or they will continue to get almost zero results like they have so far.

It is so frustrating, and there are no signs that anything is changing with their "silence" approach. Keeping silent to protect the investigation doesn't fly with me when there are no signs they are making any progress at all. Even a few status reports along the way would be nice to let people know they havent forgotten this case and are actively still working on it.

Do searchers sign confidentiality agreements when they search? Answered my own question-

http://southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html

How do we know that searchers were not given a list of things to be looking for?
I am certain that the searchers who have been looking for Holly consistently and constantly from day one have had a list of items to BOLO for. JMVHO.

My sense in reading it all at once was that it was gradually building up over time. They probably heeded LE's advice for the most part and stayed quiet at the start. But then, as LE was calling off searches and LE stopped talking to the media, you heard more and more from the Bobo's themselves, leading up to the October Jackson Sun article, which I believe is the most in depth article from their perspective. During that time, as you said, I think they were also getting out from under the thumb of the spokespastor(s) as well. I do wish they had been more out front of this at the beginning but I hardly fault them for that.

What searches? You mean searches using the public instead of professional groups?

Do searchers sign confidentiality agreements when they search? Answered my own question-

How do we know that searchers were not given a list of things to be looking for?
I am certain that the searchers who have been looking for Holly consistently and constantly from day one have had a list of items to BOLO for. JMVHO.

believe09, the volunteer searchers in the April 2011 search were mainly given generalities to look for. A example would be; anything that looked out of place, whether on the right of ways, in structures, abandoned houses, or in the forest.

There were no confidentiality agreements presented to the searchers. Only identification was required to search. Many of the searchers on the Easter weekend 2011 search were interviewed by the ms media, including myself. The journalists had search info not released to the public, such as the cell phone find. But chose not to air it.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/14822562/significant-item-recovered-in-holly-bobo-search-4-24-2011

'Significant Item' Recovered In Holly Bobo Search 4-24-2011

Easter Sunday started the way all Sundays do in Parsons: with prayer. But after a special sunrise service in Bobo's honor, hundreds of volunteers got straight to work.
"Seeing people give up their Easters with their families to be here was very inspirational," said volunteer Glen Adams.
Hundreds spent the day sweating on their hands and knees away from their families, in hopes of helping the Bobo's reunite theirs. And mid-way through the day, there was a breakthrough.
Investigators said they found something. They won't say what, but they will say it's significant enough to make them want to continue searching the area for at least one more day.

JMO
If we assume that the evidence was planted, what does that tell us about the person(s) that hid the evidence. To me, it speaks of being very amateur, like they were in a hurry to dispose of her items that they had in their possession still. The items showed up pretty quick, but in different spots and on different days.

The Easter find was rumored to have been phoned in tip. Like the person wanted it to be found. So, if that rumor is true, and if the rumor that the phone call went directly to the house, then one would think that LE could trace the phone call of who made that phone call to the house. If LE identified the phone number of the called in tip, they would know who called in the tip. Maybe they did, and maybe that is why everything came to a screeching halt after the Easter find.

Even if the rumor is not true, the alleged planted evidence just seemed very amateur. Like it was thrown about in a quick fashion. What that means is the person was still local in the immediate days right after she went missing. Once they got rid of the last of the evidence, then they had nothing left, and they felt they were in the clear.

That kind of points to that they must have gotten rid of poor Holly first. So, if they were very amateiur about the evience, it also means they would have placed Holly in a very amateur spot. So, IMO, LE needs to check very obvious type places like the local lakes nearby, or shallow grave nearby. I dont think she would be too far away. I would say 90 mile radius maximum.

I always believed this call came in from Holly's own cell. Just after, LE stated they believed she was still alive. This caused much speculation about the call or text...or whatever the tip may have been.

Respectfully snipped for focus:
Originally Posted by Hatfield
That kind of points to that they must have gotten rid of poor Holly first. So, if they were very amateiur about the evience, it also means they would have placed Holly in a very amateur spot. So, IMO, LE needs to check very obvious type places like the local lakes nearby, or shallow grave nearby. I dont think she would be too far away. I would say 90 mile radius maximum.

RE: I dont think she would be too far away. I would say 90 mile radius maximum.

Hatfield, if my math is correct the search area for a 90 mile radius is 25,434 square miles and stretches across 3 states...

I'm wondering if we are beginning to touch on the issues with this case. Could it be that the priorities were handled in the totally wrong order and are still being handled wrong. For instance, we cannot deny that there have been hardly any results thus far with the below items.

It seems the most important priority would be in this order of priority, but we already know that there were comments made on-site from C that he was trying to keep people from walking on the trail. Maybe LE directed him and certain people had directed this all backwards from the very start and they are still going about it backwards in reverse-order.

This would be my order of importance if I had a missing child:
1-Find Holly
2-Find her things so she can be found
3-Find + prosecute whoever was involved

All 3 are important, but the order is also important, and especially that very first day, finding her should have been the only concern. If they let other things like #3 get in the way of that goal, it is easy to see how this case slipped away. It is unfathomable to think they were not letting people go up the trail if that is the way she went, just to try and get footprints later.
Sounds to me like priority was backwards on day 1.

But, the thing is, it needs to change to get different results. Change the priority, change the tactics, change something or they will continue to get almost zero results like they have so far.

It is so frustrating, and there are no signs that anything is changing with their "silence" approach. Keeping silent to protect the investigation doesn't fly with me when there are no signs they are making any progress at all. Even a few status reports along the way would be nice to let people know they havent forgotten this case and are actively still working on it.

BBM-I couldn't agree more. While I do understand that sometimes less is more in finding a missing person at the outset, even if I don't agree with it, there is absolutely some point in time where it has to be determined that that approach isn't working and more transparency is needed. I would be curious to know the Bobo's reaction to the new lead agent. Is there an active interest in solving Holly's case?

Good points and I think they have.

Getting back to the theories, are there any we can start taking off of the list because they're not supported by the facts. For example, DS or CB being involved. I'm not sure I'm read to take aliens off yet, but can we start narrowing it down now?

Good points and I think they have.

Getting back to the theories, are there any we can start taking off of the list because they're not supported by the facts. For example, DS or CB being involved. I'm not sure I'm read to take aliens off yet, but can we start narrowing it down now?
I think Bigfoot in turkey camo can go, though I admit I've grown fond of it.

Okay, here's the master list (again). Tell me which to eliminate:

01. The "Boyfriend, afraid of losing her"
02. The "Holly knew too much"
03. The "In town, just passing through"
04. The "Girlfriend got jealous"
05. The "Holly ran away on her own"
06. The "Rogue LE"
07. The "Sibling involvement"
08. The "Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend cheated"
09. The "Retribution against a family member"
10. The "Accidental death w/cover-up"
11. The "Preacher, brimming with passion"
12. The "Rogue spokespastor"
13. The "Victim of a serial offender"
14. The "Knew her though churchwork"
15. The "Kidnapped her to keep her"
16. The "Rogue coon hunter"
17. The "Man who tossed Drew and his dad off the property"
18. The "Rogue secret twin brother"
19. The "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning" - wait, that's not one
19. The "Random hunter who stumbled across the Bobo property"
20. The "Known stalker"
21. The "They know who dunnit but can't close the deal"
22. The "Mountain man who eluded the bloodhounds"
23. The "Those pesky aliens in their UFOs"
24. The "Bigfoot in full turkey camo"
25. The "Odd person who leaves little messages"
26. The "Fell victim to human trafficking"
27. The "Rogue militia"
28. The "Masonic cabal"
29. The "Rogue Calabrese"
30. The "Cabin 16"
31. The "Homeless Hobo"
32. The Serial Predator
33. The Loved One
34. The Passerby
35. The Friend
36. The Acquaintance
37. The Accessory After the Fact

Originally Posted by believe09

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Holly-Bobo-Search-Continues-in-Benton-County-165871746.html

Search For Holly Bobo Continues
By news@wbbjtv.com
By 7 Eyewitness News Staff
Story Created: Aug 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM CDT

About 30 people searched for 6 hours covering 2 miles of land in Holladay. South East K-9 Search and Rescue organized the search and Jodi Powers Search and Rescue from Kentucky assisted.

Organizers told 7 Eyewitness News, volunteers looked for items that could be found in a young woman's purse.

In July, Community United Effort(CUE) sponsored a search in wooded areas of Decatur County. Family members told 7 Eyewitness News, they were grateful for the support of their community.

http://neighbors.whitepages.com/search/neighbor_search/681-Swan-Johnson-Rd/Darden,-TN-38328-4830

The link above is an aerial view of the woods and the houses that are nearest to the Bobos. Press the zoom out button once and you can see all the neighbors and roads clearer.

In the picture below, Karen is looking into the direction of where Clint was when he saw Holly being led away into the woods. Karen and the reporter are standing at the point where he sees them both.

1Vqqg.jpg

Looking at the White Pages map you can see where the pool is getting a better idea of the direction the kidnapper and Holly walked.

Interesting facts to consider retrieved from Google Maps:

The closest neighbor is about a 7 min walk away.

Holly's school is approximately 15-17 minutes (6.1 miles) away with the route headed southeast from Holly's house and in the direction of the closest neighbor's house.

http://neighbors.whitepages.com/search/neighbor_search/681-Swan-Johnson-Rd/Darden,-TN-38328-4830

The link above is an aerial view of the woods and the houses that are nearest to the Bobos. Press the zoom out button once and you can see all the neighbors and roads clearer.

In the picture below, Karen is looking into the direction of where Clint was when he saw Holly being led away into the woods. Karen and the reporter are standing at the point where he sees them both.

1Vqqg.jpg

Looking at the White Pages map you can see where the pool is getting a better idea of the direction the kidnapper and Holly walked.

Interesting facts to consider retrieved from Google Maps:

The closest neighbor is about a 7 min walk away.

Holly's school is approximately 15-17 minutes (6.1 miles) away with the route headed southeast from Holly's house and in the direction of the closest neighbor's house.

Thanks for posting this. You know what I realized is that the walk from the garage to the woods is a lot farther than I was picturing. A lot of time spent in the garage then a lengthy walk to the woods. Not a typical abduction. Someone wasn't in a hurry for some reason.

The list (see above) is still awaiting your pruning or re-organizing suggestions. Tell me what you think. It's our list.

IMO given that the LE being quiet has lead no where and obiviously "no suspect" in mind, (or maybe there is? dont read here much as it reminds of other cases with no resolve in sight) why not lay it all out there?

The list (see above) is still awaiting your pruning or re-organizing suggestions. Tell me what you think. It's our list.

Would say all but about 3 of them could be removed.. My opinion isnt listed but will withhold as to not offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee