AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement came from a neighbor on JVM, about a 1/4 down the transcript. DP the neighbor said it.

snipped

DP: He seemed like a nice person to me. Whenever I stopped by and visited him going in and out of the neighborhood, when he was out there with the boys or doing, you know, things in his garage, working on bicycles or whatever it was he was doing. I didn`t see a whole lot of Mom, because she worked all the time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/25/ijvm.01.html

I don't have answers to all of your questions, but I do recall that SC and BC spoke about aunts and uncles that would pick the kids up from school if they were unable to do so. They spoke of this during the "couch interview".

Uncles... like RR or JM for instance I wonder. I do remember an Aunt being mentioned, too.

:laugh:New verb! ...maglighting

Nah, JBR's case claimed the maglighting aspect. That's how her skull was bashed in. Before that it was a candlestick in the library by the butler.

OT moo waiting for new news. Praying that Isa is home soon.

Today a woman found in an alley near Broadway & Craycroft, Isa's area, was found today dying, later she died & there was an arrest of another woman but a man got away from TPD, this woman was a teenager. Can't tell you how my heart hurts. How sad. I didn't realize it was a teenager.

They dropped her in an alley! sob...

Sorry for the O/T This was on KOLD 13 tv or might be on Tucson News Now online later.

Question: Should I not post links (from MSM or pressers) that refute/clear up what the speculation(s) is based upon?

Yes. Of course. They are very helpful to the discussion and would be welcome.

Thanks,

Salem

My apologies, it's me who's confused I guess. I will not do scanner duty, you get behind.

The guy today has a mom who lived on Bellevue where they searched for an unrelated person to Isa's case.

I heard the same thing. It's been bugging me all day. I know there are a ton of apartment/duplexes on bellevue, but when I heard that on the scanner it really caught my attention.

ETA: I apologize for mentioning something that should be in the scanner thread. When my neighborhood was surrounded by LE for the 2nd time in just over a month the first thing I thought of was that they had found Isabel or that another child had been taken. To say it was frightening is an understatement. So I was glued to the scanner listening to what was going on and that's when I heard about the suspect in today's incident sometimes living with their mother at the apt. complex on Bellevue. It had me thinking all day that there could be some obscure connection, but as the details of today's situation were released I realized that it must be totally unrelated and just a bizarre coincidence.

I didn't connect the Bellevue's lol! I just heard the cross streets!

Okay I am confused. Are you speaking of this incident today?
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/155461945.html

This involved an 19 year old woman, a 20 year old man and a 16 year old female victim.

Video that mentions the Celis case and how they are unrelated.
http://www.kvoa.com/videos/tpd-woman-killed-on-east-side-police-searching-for-possible-suspect/

Yep, that's the one. I should have been more specific in my reply. Sorry 'bout that. I was trying to explain how this morning as it was happening it was a horrible sense of deja vu, and how I spent the day wondering if it was indeed connected. I found out later as the news stories were posted that it was a totally unrelated incident. Again, I'm sorry if I'm being too vague. It's been a long stressful day.

I STILL can't get JM out of my head. The fact that there is no mention in the dump just makes me more suspicious, add to the the fact he was obviously a regular in the house that would know the comings and goings of the family and imo had access to come and go as he pleased.

I agree and have a few thoughts (theories) about this that include information gleaned from the recently released LE docs (I have not painstakingly researched all docs as many here have gratefully done). Specifically, many have expressed interest in "maglighting" guy NMc who lives with his gf close to the Celis home. It is also reported by a relative of JM that JM resided with the SC/RC family for approximately 6 months. If NMc is approximately 35, not too big a difference in age exists between JM and NMc. I wonder if while living as neighbors, the two men forged an acquaintance or friendship. Could there be some level of collaboration between the two?
With that said, IMO it's more likely NMc is a well intentioned, possibly, too eager guy who took it upon himself to search tunnels for a missing child. Living in such close proximity to the Celis', it is possible NMc learned of Isabel being missing when her family initially searched for her in the neighborhood.
The use of two vehicles (the Jetta and the other, was it a hatchback?) may be attributed to something as simple as where each car was parked at his home and in which car it was easiest to leave. LE watched him when he returned to the Jetta, possibly returning home. Maybe gf was waiting with breakfast prepared, something they agreed upon when he left their home. Once engaged with LE, he may have remembered he was due home hence, his sudden exit. Also, LE reported the gf was headed to work which could explain NMc needing to return the Jetta to gf. Later, when NMc was noted by LE to be in the other vehicle, he was then in his own car.
JM on the other hand, is glaringly absent from the LE reports. Especially when one considers the detail provided about other family members, their cell phone screen shot photos and the search warrant served on their truck.There has been speculation here that the reported December visit by CPS to the Celis' home might somehow be linked to JM's stay with the Celis family. There are also the rumors of JM's income being associated with illegal activities, his maybe owing money to the "wrong" people and the possibility of consequences exerted against JM for illegal involvement.
I wonder if speculation of a retaliation aspect to Isabel being taken from her home is one in which JM exerts retaliation against SC. The reported "hoax" phone call saying SC borrowed $170K from a physician employer might be a misrepresentation or half-truth put out there by JM to assure criminal acquaintances he could pay his debt. JM might be very angry with this family not coming through for him.
All this is only my opinion.

Good evening all.

I haven't read the docs, can anyone tell me if it was mentioned if there were any phonecalls made late that evening, during the night, or early morning from the Celis home?

The absence of any such calls made would be good to know. TIA

Isabel's little league coach said that SC called him that morning to say that she was missing and wouldn't be playing. The game started at 9:00. You wonder what time he called. You wonder what was said. You wonder.

:laugh:New verb! ...maglighting

Good stuff.

Danielle Van Dam's case gave us "conversating" in the trial.

"We were going through the tunnels, maglighting and conversating, but when LE showed up, we skedaddled out pretty quick to get a Grand Slam at Denny's, because we didn't want to be thrown in the pokey."

There are witness statements that allude to Becky "working many hours" or that she "worked a lot". As a nurse, I would assume that Mrs. Celis worked three or four twelve-hour shifts per week. Did Becky always work the day shift? How many days/hours per week did Sergio work at the dental office? Was he a full-time employee, or did he work only part-time? Did he work mostly during the day, or did he have evening work hours?

If and/or when both parents were working, who looked after the Celis children? Was the 14-year-old son expected to care for his siblings when both parents were at work? If so, how long had the oldest child been charged with watching his younger siblings in the absence of their parents? Did Becky and Sergio have anyone besides family members caring for the children when they were at work or socializing? Who drove the children to school since they didn't attend neighborhood schools that were walking distance from their home?

I'm not sure that the LE documents that we've seen thus far answered any of these questions or whether or not the answers are important in the grand scheme of the case, but I still don't have a clear picture of how this family lived from day-to-day. :moo:

Good stuff. I see in the doc dump that there was a couple called the Rangers (gosh, I hope I got the name right) who had supposedly been driving Isabel to school. LE stopped by, but there was nobody home. I wonder if they ever got in touch with this couple and interviewed them.

Good stuff.

"We were going through the tunnels, maglighting and conversating, but when LE showed up, we skedaddled out pretty quick to get a Grand Slam at Denny's, because we didn't want to be thrown in the pokey."

:spit::floorlaugh:

I would have thought if they were social people (SC and RC) we would have heard more from friends etc - and more friends would have turned up to help search rather than relatives we heard about - they just seemed really busy with their kids.

Are dental offices open of an evening? Wish mine was lol

I think it's odd, too, that friends of the Celis haven't spoken about the couple, but maybe they've been asked not to comment. Likewise, we haven't heard about Isabel from her teachers or other adults with whom she came in contact.

I think many doctors/dentists have evening and/or Saturday hours to accommodate busy people. Our dentist has evening hours at least one day per week (I think it's Thursday) and one Saturday per month. Our asthma/allergy physician is open late on Thursdays and every other Saturday.

Isabel's little league coach said that SC called him that morning to say that she was missing and wouldn't be playing. The game started at 9:00. You wonder what time he called. You wonder what was said. You wonder.

That call strikes me as odd as well. Not only am I not sure it would have occurred to me to make this polite scheduling call during an emergency, but if I did it seems to me it would have been an hysterical call. Dad begging the coach to ask everyone if they see her to let them know, to see if anyone saw anyone weird lurking around, maybe utilize this community you are part of as a built in search team.

But if I recall correctly the docs say he called the coach, the game went on and no one other than the coach knew she was missing rather than just not there.

Seems odd to me. So close to home, where she had just been and where she was suppose to be back at that very day. Seems someone from the family would have been there, looking, questioning.

The weird neighbor was out searching for her at that point, but no one was at the game talking to those that had just seen her?????

That call strikes me as odd as well. Not only am I not sure it would have occurred to me to make this polite scheduling call during an emergency, but if I did it seems to me it would have been an hysterical call. Dad begging the coach to ask everyone if they see her to let them know, to see if anyone saw anyone weird lurking around, maybe utilize this community you are part of as a built in search team.

But if I recall correctly the docs say he called the coach, the game went on and no one other than the coach knew she was missing rather than just not there.

Seems odd to me. So close to home, where she had just been and where she was suppose to be back at that very day. Seems someone from the family would have been there, looking, questioning.

The weird neighbor was out searching for her at that point, but no one was at the game talking to those that had just seen her?????

Can I ask : what weird neighbor was out looking for Isabel ? TIA

Good stuff. I see in the doc dump that there was a couple called the Rangers (gosh, I hope I got the name right) who had supposedly been driving Isabel to school. LE stopped by, but there was nobody home. I wonder if they ever got in touch with this couple and interviewed them.

TY for posting this. I had wondered who actually looked after the children when SC and RC were not home. Wonder if the oldest boy was in charge ? JMO

Yea you would think if you thought to call at all, it would be to get help from that large group of people! I really don't know what to think about SC that morning? :waitasec: Yes,odd indeed!?

LE is not going to release documents that are the core part of their case so far. They would want to retain that information and preserve it for later prosecution. The documents they've released show they've done a lot of work and it gives the public lots to chew on and mull over, but the core of the case, when and if it eventually goes to litigation, won't be these particular documents.

Of course LE knows more than they are saying and knows more than the sleuthiest sleuthers who ever sleuthed. They are running the investigation...they have access to everything and everyone. The documents may represent 3% to 5% of all that's been generated by the investigation.

LE is not going to tell the public the inner details of their investigation. There may be hints and some general indicators, but until the case is litigated or unless there's a leak or a news conference, we the public will not be privy to that inner core info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie