Ariz. bakery reacts to fallout following 'Nightmare' experience

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
Ariz. bakery reacts to fallout following 'Nightmare' experience
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22...s-to-bad-press-following-nightmare-experience

(MyFoxBoston.com) – Despite the filth, backtalk, and quality control issues, Gordon Ramsay, world renowned chef and host of "Kitchen Nightmares," has never walked away from a restaurant in need, that was until he faced off with the owners of Amy's Baking Company in Arizona and decided enough was enough.

During an episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" which aired May 10, Ramsay, who is typically known for his fierce temper and no nonsense attitude, met his match in the kitchen, Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, and decided he couldn't take the heat.

The couple run a baking company and restaurant in Scottsdale and claimed to make homemade desserts and food; however, the show found they were serving frozen, pre-packaged items that had been repackaged as their own.

This is how to run a restaurant. :crazy:

I saw this episode posted on one of the Travis Alexander threads, and I'm curious if there is a connection the the Arias family?

I watched this last night on youtube! Horrible people, and the wife is a felon? Those aren't even her desserts, they admitted it on their FB page lol.

And I thought *I* was crazy :p

I watched this last night on youtube! Horrible people, and the wife is a felon? Those aren't even her desserts, they admitted it on their FB page lol.

And I thought *I* was crazy :p

The Criminal Case
http://www.findforms.com/pdf_files/azd/20255/86-1.pdf

She was arrested for ID theft and using another person's Social Security number to open a new line of credit. She went under the name of Amanda Bossingham.

I saw that episode and she and her husband berate and yell at a customer who complained about not getting his good. Way to treat a customer. :crazy:

I saw this episode posted on one of the Travis Alexander threads, and I'm curious if there is a connection the the Arias family?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................. :waitasec:

A fellow Websleuther met Amy Bouzaglo at a contest and she was upset that she lost the contest. Talk about a narcissist!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9422396&postcount=702"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #10[/ame]

The FB rants have been providing me with excessive entertainment all day. The ALL CAPS, the religious talk intertwined with hate filled rants, the meowing...it's all too much.

The FB rants have been providing me with excessive entertainment all day. The ALL CAPS, the religious talk intertwined with hate filled rants, the meowing...it's all too much.

Saw it too. I never seen such a meltdown like that. What a train wreck!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................. :waitasec:

A fellow Websleuther met Amy Bouzaglo at a contest and she was upset that she lost the contest. Talk about a narcissist!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #10

From what I've read in the past 24 hours, she probably bought that cupcake and passed it off as her own :p

The FB and Yelp pages are absolutely nuts... I hope to heavens that those employees, past and present, find a way to sue their butts off for lost wages due to them taking their tips. Awful!!!

What? Why???

I had to leave that thread early but someone said JA had a sister named Amy, and then something about the knives there. It sounded like there was a connection but maybe I read too much into it. :blushing:

I had to leave that thread early but someone said JA had a sister named Amy, and then something about the knives there. It sounded like there was a connection but maybe I read too much into it. :blushing:

Yeah, the only connection is that the trial and the restaurant are in the same general area. Maybe someone was trying to be funny, but there's no connection between that restaurant and the Arias family whatsoever. The owner's name isn't even Amy even though that's in the name of the restaurant. Her name is Amanda.

Hubby and I have owned 4 restaurants. We watched this episode yesterday morning. Flabbergasted!
Wow set!
We both checked out their Facebook and Yelp sites. Boy did this people hit some nerves.

I am curious how they are keeping the doors open. Although now with all of the publicity they will draw crowds for the curiosity factor. Much like a train wreck.

Spent waaaay to much time on these guys yesterday, even watched the episode twice. Entertaining for sure.

Her eyes look expressionless and is emotionally cold.

samy-amy-bouzaglo-amys-baking-company-fox.jpg

ha! I heard about this on the morning news - just a blurb. That place is a dump anyway. It thinks it is something it is not. Trying to be pretentious... too funny... nothing seemed fresh there. Too bad they will ride this wave of bad publicity all the way to the bank. She so much as said exactly that.

oh my god these 2 are my favorite people this week. what a crazy pair!!!

Ha! I too caught this on the Today Show this morning and got curious. Watched the episode on You Tube. There is also an old news report on these two from 3 years ago. Seems someone left them a bad review on Yelp and they felt the need to bad mouth the guy back. And there are other old reviews on Yelp besides this guy they did the same thing too. This apparently started their trouble to call Ramsey in. But it seems nobody knows what they're talking about, nothing wrong with their food, LOL. Yep! Crazy!

Update: If you check their latest FB status, they are having a grand re-opening on May 21st, with a portion of the proceeds going to a charity dedicated to cyber bullying.

Alrighty then...

Meow.

I KNOW!!! I love the comments. This one rocks:

"If people are going to show up to enjoy the show, perhaps they do the following
1. Eat first.
2. Order only desert and water. If you are going to give money to these people you might as well ensure that you are supporting the ACTUAL bakers of the products.
3. Place cash tips directly in the hands of the servers only. If you pay by credit card zero out the tip and give cash to the server.
4. Make sure you get a receipt and/or credit card slip.
5. Record as much audio/video as you think you can get away with!!"

I have a high school friend who lives in Phoenix. I wonder if she'd be willing to go record the "Grand Re-Opening/Charitable Event/Meowfest"...

I'd better make sure she has good insurance first. Those people are cray cray.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back