TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or this person was not "threatened" by the brother. I saw a pic of Holly's brother and his arm is in a cast and doesn't appear very large. Is there a composite sketch of the "man" leading away Holly? Even the 's back would help. Size, structure, and height is something.
Her brother has a gun or guns correct? I think I read about him being a hunter. IDK .

I remember the case of murderer Larry Gene Bell when he grabbed Shari Faye Smith in the afternoon right at the end of her parents driveway as she got out of her car to check the mail before driving up the long driveway to her parents house.
Shari's sister Dawn was looking out of the kitchen window and saw Shari get out of her car to check the mail, Dawn turned to do something, looked back out the window a few minutes later and saw Shari's car with the drivers door still open at the end of the driveway, but her sister was gone with mail all over the ground.
It happened that fast, and no witnesses of the abduction.

I thought it a little odd that Holly's father would leave out the brother when saying he thought it was someone local and knew the schedules of mother, father and Holly. Could be several reasons. Maybe brother is not employed right now and doesn't leave at regular times. Just made me curious.

I saw that interview, but until you mentioned it I hadn't thought anything of it. It is curious, especially since he mentioned each person, instead of saying "the family's schedule". I agree could be several reasons though.

This is the article about the other woman nearly kidnapped at 5:30 am. while trying to get into her car, at her own home.. She lived 45 miles away in Centerville. Her boyfriend heard her drop a latern and yelled out to her, which scared the man away... Happened in mid Jan.. chilling
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/04/20/042011-news-holly-bobo-2-2/
Thanks for this link frog!!! Something interesting in the article, besides what you've stated already, which REALLY caught my eye:
Sullivan, a 31-year-old business student.....

Wonder where she's a student at???

I'm almost done reading the Christa Worthington rape/murder case in Truro, Cape Cod..In 2002 it took 3 yrs to get the DNA results..That's how backed up they were in MA at the time..It led directly to the perp who got convicted but it ruined a lot of lives of other ppl waiting to be cleared..The perp turned out to be the 'trash collector' who wasn't really even on LE's radar but they asked for DNA sample from any & all males who had the slightest contact with the victim..They all gave it willingly..My guess is the perp either didn't understand DNA or thought he'd look suspicious if he didn't comply..If that was the case I'm surprised he didn't skip town. :waitasec:

OT I follow that case and watch the trial on court tv. I think he was one of first to give DNA.

Case that are like this need to be priority

All they have asked is for people to report suspicious washing of cars or ATVs. I would think there are trails around there but also the heavy rains the next few days would have washed away fresh tire marks from anything.

Yes I thought about that too, but the broken branches & trampled weeds from a wheeler are pretty distinctive. Sounds like torrential rains would of wiped alot of it out.

see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

I don't do Facebook or any of the other social boards...have worked too many controversial issues and gotten too many threats from them, so I can't have people able to associate me with my friends and family.

I thought it a little odd that Holly's father would leave out the brother when saying he thought it was someone local and knew the schedules of mother, father and Holly. Could be several reasons. Maybe brother is not employed right now and doesn't leave at regular times. Just made me curious.

I think people read too much into these statements. Lingering on every word looking for meaning and hidden meaning. When the father made that statement he was probably there with his wife. He said the most direct thing... he knew when she went and when I went, and of course he would mention Holly since she was missing.

4/18/2011

Reporter asks where investigation is headed on Day 5.
Gwyn:
“Well, we have over 250 leads, um, that we’re looking at. Uh, we also have a good bit of evidence that’s being analyzed at the TBI crime lab right now, and we’ve also engaged the community, uh, and asked for their support and their help. Uh, so I think we’re on the right track. Uh, it’s just gonna take for something to come in, uh, and really take us to the next level in the investigation.”
Reporter asks about conflicting reports that she was dragged to woods or walked to woods.
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”
Reporter asks if that means that brother and bf are still suspects:
Gwyn:
“There is nobody been ruled out of this investigation. We have not, uh, got tunnel vision, uh, and, and, ruled anybody out. Uh, everybody, at this point, based on the su-, evidence that we have, based on the leads that we have, could potentially be a subject.
Reporter asks if varying eyewitness testimonies affect the chances of finding Holly:
Gwyn:
“Well, you know, obviously, we would like to have, um, uh, s-, all of your witnesses and eyewitnesses give you the same story, in a perfect world. But that rarely happens, so, basically what you have to do is take all your evidence, collect it, analyze it, and you’ve got to take the evidence, where, uh, you’ve got to take the investigation where the evidence is going to lead you.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...n=Feed:+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video:+CBSNews.com)

And this is why I say beware the sound bite. And I would like to add, even here, where the media has reported his statement as "everyone could be a suspect," that is not even the word that he used. He used the word "subject"...not a lot of difference, but it does make me wonder if maybe our reliable mass media doesn't sometimes hear what they want to hear.

Yea but he's basically saying nobody has been ruled out as a suspect. That's the question he was asked, and he answered "nobody has been ruled out."
It's just semantics we're talking about at this point. Most LE, if smart, takes this stance especially in the media, because they can't be accused of having tunnel vision in one direction or another.
He wants the media to know they have their eyes and minds open to all and any possibilities.
Privately though who knows what is really going on in their war room.

I don't do Facebook or any of the other social boards...have worked too many controversial issues and gotten too many threats from them, so I can't have people able to associate me with my friends and family.

same here which is why I am just careful. I have an old life/lifestyle and my new life and in real life I try to seperate them as much as possible. FB is actually the only way I can sort of mix it up because I can control who sees what and who gets let in wether they know me from my old life or now. I think of my 80 friends only 2 are from my past.

But I see people posting wayyyyyyyyyy too much info on there about themselves that just anyone could see.

In the transcription by NMK, Gwyn mentioned the entry and exit of the perp. Sounds like they are pretty sure where the perp did enter and exit the woods.

Investigators have not reported any new leads today. They said a news conference will only be held if there are developments to report.

A candlelight vigil will be held at 7:30 tonight at the Decatur County Fairgrounds.

Thursday is planned as a day of rest for volunteers, so that they can come back at full force Friday and over the weekend. Law enforcement said they can handle thousands of volunteers this weekend to help with the search.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...e-planned-today-unless-there-new-developments

A DAY OF REST!!!!! Id be out looking anyway! How can ya rest with this young lady out there? JMO

In the transcription by NMK, Gwyn mentioned the entry and exit of the perp. Sounds like they are pretty sure where the perp did enter and exit the woods.

That's almost how it struck me, is like they know the entry and exit point, even if they don't know the exact mode of transportation. I certainly hope they do know.

Ok WS friends, time to do some things for a bit. Thank you everyone for the good ideas !

L

I think people read too much into these statements. Lingering on every word looking for meaning and hidden meaning. When the father made that statement he was probably there with his wife. He said the most direct thing... he knew when she went and when I went, and of course he would mention Holly since she was missing.

Well, if the son is there all the time, I wouldn't think a parent would leave out the child that is a witness. Still makes me curious since the father is the one thinking it is someone local. Knowing the schedule of the family members is something LE would be doing.

This could so easily be someone who lives close by who took Holly to his home and has been "holed up" there ever since the 13th. I think of those lunatics who put their victims in secret rooms in their house or in their basements and keep them for extended periods of time. I wish, if they haven't already done so, they would bring in bloodhounds who could get her scent from clothing and take them out into the woods and surrounding areas. I noticed on those maps what looks like a lake nearby. Could the kidnapper have stashed a small boat there and taken her across the lake by water to lose the scent?

A DAY OF REST!!!!! Id be out looking anyway! How can ya rest with this young lady out there? JMO

It'll be a day of rest for civilian searchers anyway. They have had searchers literally passing out from lack of rest and refusing to stop. They have to.

Thanks for this link frog!!! Something interesting in the article, besides what you've stated already, which REALLY caught my eye:

Wonder where she's a student at???

I looked her up and she isn't/wasn't at the same school as Holly.

Yea but he's basically saying nobody has been ruled out as a suspect. That's the question he was asked, and he answered "nobody has been ruled out."
It's just semantics we're talking about at this point. Most LE, if smart, takes this stance especially in the media, because they can't be accused of having tunnel vision in one direction or another.
He wants the media to know they have their eyes and minds open to all and any possibilities.
Privately though who knows what is really going on in their war room.

You summed this up perfectly.

same here which is why I am just careful. I have an old life/lifestyle and my new life and in real life I try to seperate them as much as possible. FB is actually the only way I can sort of mix it up because I can control who sees what and who gets let in wether they know me from my old life or now. I think of my 80 friends only 2 are from my past.

But I see people posting wayyyyyyyyyy too much info on there about themselves that just anyone could see.

Carla, that is soooo true. Some people on there post their every move as if the world is hanging on their next post.......even down to getting their nails done. I find it hilarious that they think the world is really interested in that much of their daily life.

OT I follow that case and watch the trial on court tv. I think he was one of first to give DNA.

Case that are like this need to be priority

You'd think so! but at least then it didn't work that way..I hope things have changed.

I thought her last 2 x-lovers were first? Anyway, the book doesn't include catching the perp & only a slight mention of him giving the sample..It's mostly about Christa's (sad) life.

I wish I had watched the trial! :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member