GUILTY IL - Robert Hill for child abuse, Jerseyville, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Child had multiple breaks in right leg, police say

March 08, 2010 10:59 AM
By MAGGIE BORMAN
The Telegraph

JERSEYVILLE - A 22-year-old man has been arrested, accused of breaking a 9-month-old baby's leg in two places by dropping the child to the floor.

The child is the daughter of the mother's boyfriend, police said.

Robert J. Hill of Jerseyville was arrested Friday by the Jerseyville Police Department. Police Chief Brad Blackorby said Hill has been charged with two counts of aggravated battery to a child.

Blackorby said the department was contacted around 10 a.m. Friday by the Department of Children and Family Services regarding a suspected case of child abuse.

Police Lt. Roger Kirby, assigned to conduct the investigation, was told by doctors at Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis that the baby's right leg was broken in two places and bruising was present around her mouth, nose, upper lip and palm of her right hand.

more here

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/baby-37256-jerseyville-blackorby.html

Cardinal Glennon hospital is where little Amanda Runyon is recovering. :(

This little baby was probably battered because she too cried. :(

FWIW -
there's interesting comments here (Topix) - http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox2now/T9UU6LSV47IB0OH03/p2 - by folks who claim to know the family

My God, are the numbers of cases accelerated or just being reported more? These poor babies!! When will Mothers learn that boyfriends are NOT babysitters.

My God, are the numbers of cases accelerated or just being reported more? These poor babies!! When will Mothers learn that boyfriends are NOT babysitters.

I think the cases are increasing....I mean, what's the chances that this baby ends up in the same hospital as Amanda?

I don't even post all the cases I read about...most of 'em, but not all...some of the ones I read about are still under investigation.

And I wonder why my stomach has been hurting....between these baby-beaters/killers & the monsters raping & killing kids like Chelsea & Amber, the emotions sometimes are overwhelming.....I don't know how cops live past 30-40 yrs old..........having to deal w/ horrors like this day in & day out. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back