GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

OT/ I received my book in the mail last Friday, 'Out With Three' about the murder of Davina Buff-Jones, the female police officer on Bald Head Island. I didn't realize the corruption in Brunswick Co., nor the 'dark side' of Old Baldy. Quite fascinating. How the authorities could ever pass this off as a suicide..... Thank goodness for the determination of her family to keep this case alive.

Random observation: the lead defense attorney is quite friendly and conciliatory with the state's team. I see him leaning over and chatting with Saacks at various points. I saw this as well with defense attorney Klink, during the J. Young trial.

Compare this to the Cooper trial in which the contempt between the defense and state became so thick it was palpable and the defense right out of the gate smeared the state and everyone involved in the case as being a part of some massive conspiracy.

Ooohhhh, I remember, Mad. Right out of the blocks, Kurtz (whatevah his name) challenged Cummings & Cummings said he was ready to go the NC Bar at that minute. Nearly came to blows. If I ever hear, "Your Honor, I want to be heard," again, I'll scream bloody murder. What a Jerk. And he LOST, didn't he, Madeleine??

This case is in the Superior Court of Wake County -- the Edwards case is Federal Court. Different rules.

Mornin' glee!!:seeya:

Hi borndem, did you have a nice week-end? One of my grandsons had his birthday party Sunday, and thankfully it didn't rain on his pool party as my daughter had dreaded. It started raining right after the party ended and his little friends all went home. :woohoo:

Hi borndem, did you have a nice week-end? One of my grandsons had his birthday party Sunday, and thankfully it didn't rain on his pool party as my daughter had dreaded. It started raining right after the party ended and his little friends all went home. :woohoo:

So happy the rain didn't affect the birthday party!
I had to work yesterday, came home at 7pm and was fast asleep by 8pm. I'm still worn out today and have accomplished not a thing all morning.

Ah Ha, rebuttal case by the state. I hope they hammer home the biggies.

OT/ I received my book in the mail last Friday, 'Out With Three' about the murder of Davina Buff-Jones, the female police officer on Bald Head Island. I didn't realize the corruption in Brunswick Co., nor the 'dark side' of Old Baldy. Quite fascinating. How the authorities could ever pass this off as a suicide..... Thank goodness for the determination of her family to keep this case alive.

Ha, why Brunswick County is where NC's last governor was DA before governor. Google him if you arent from here. Google images may even have his pic under the term Corrupt!

Ooohhhh, I remember, Mad. Right out of the blocks, Kurtz (whatevah his name) challenged Cummings & Cummings said he was ready to go the NC Bar at that minute. Nearly came to blows. If I ever hear, "Your Honor, I want to be heard," again, I'll scream bloody murder. What a Jerk. And he LOST, didn't he, Madeleine??

The Cummings/Kurtz smackdown happened a few weeks in. I was in court during Kurtz' opening arguments and it was clear their tactic was going to be attack the credibility and honesty of every state witness, insinuate that everyone else was lying (although Kurtz conceded that his own client lied in his deposition, but I guess that was supposed to be ok), and that a bunch of neighbors (who weren't actually living in the same 'hood) conspired with LE to put an innocent man in jail. Then Kurtz did something that angered the judge so much his face turned bright red and he had to admonish Kurtz during opening statements. Not cool to start out on that note.

Ha, why Brunswick County is where NC's last governor was DA before governor. Google him if you arent from here. Google images may even have his pic under the term Corrupt!

Yes, I'm discovering exactly how deep the corruption went. I did start a thread on this case in the cold case section of WS's. Davina Buff-Jones should pull it up if you are interested. New DA has reopened the case.

LOLOLOL! When he was first elected gov. I didn't mind sharing that I dated him as a teenager. Didn't take but a few years for me to learn to keep my mouth shut about that.

Well, I don't understand the significance of this last witness? Perhaps 'chain of custody'???

LOLOLOL! When he was first elected gov. I didn't mind sharing that I dated him as a teenager. Didn't take but a few years for me to learn to keep my mouth shut about that.

Oh my, we must talk....

I didn't know there was a book! I got to get this. Thanks for the update!:clap:

Careful NCEast, RM was a small town back then!

The Cummings/Kurtz smackdown happened a few weeks in. I was in court during Kurtz' opening arguments and it was clear their tactic was going to be attack the credibility and honesty of every state witness, insinuate that everyone else was lying (although Kurtz conceded that his own client lied in his deposition, but I guess that was supposed to be ok), and that a bunch of neighbors (who weren't actually living in the same 'hood) conspired with LE to put an innocent man in jail. Then Kurtz did something that angered the judge so much his face turned bright red and he had to admonish Kurtz during opening statements. Not cool to start out on that note.

Every time I put on my sports bra, daily now that it's summer, I'm reminded of that poster who had her husband drag her around the house in her sports bra. The image just doesn't fade.

Darn! I missed most of this morning's testimony. Dr Wolfe not testifying? How strange since everyone keeps talking about her!

But, WTH??? The TV was on and he saw this BEFORE entering the house? Whoa! Did she testify to that on direct or cross??

That's seriously significant in my mind!

I didn't know there was a book! I got to get this. Thanks for the update!:clap:

I ordered mine from Amazon. IIRC, I saw a couple on half.com, but they were outrageously priced compared to simply ordering a new book.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back