Steve Perry, where is he?

Gozgals

Reaction score
Various people have asked me, I have been curious, and friends too want to know where OUR STEVE is.
I found this article that was about the best on Steve Perry. It is from 2011 and also has a pic of him.
I won't disclose what is in it, but I wish Steve would be a judge on Idol, and would perform again. I met him on the brief many years ago when I was backstage at a Journey concert hanging with Mr. Randy before he was the "Big Dog"....

Steve, we miss you.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45100...e-perry-says-journey-reunion-unlikely-happen/

Various people have asked me, I have been curious, and friends too want to know where OUR STEVE is.
I found this article that was about the best on Steve Perry. It is from 2011 and also has a pic of him.
I won't disclose what is in it, but I wish Steve would be a judge on Idol, and would perform again. I met him on the brief many years ago when I was backstage at a Journey concert hanging with Mr. Randy before he was the "Big Dog"....

Steve, we miss you.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45100...e-perry-says-journey-reunion-unlikely-happen/

:rocker: Steve Perry has one of the best voices ... ever !

:rocker: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:moo:

I think he does have a great voice too.

It says he was working on songs so I hope he puts out a CD soon
and performs live.

I can't wait. I found him to be one of the best voices in the business.

Goz

Why isn't Journey in the RnR Hall of Fame? I just don't understand how GnR can get in there, but an iconic band like Journey can't. (Though, I am not putting down GnR... Slash is an iconic guitar player) I ponder if Steve would make an appearance if they were inducted...

Heh, I'm sure I have mentioned this before: when the Atari gaming system was big back when I was a kid, one of my favorite games was Journey Escape. You had to get the band safely to their vehicle while protecting their money from groupies and the such. I loved that game! :D

(Not to dwell on GnR, but if anyone gets the urge to ask where Axl is: omg, he is still singing and it ain't purdy. Thank gawd Slash owns the GnR name and put Myles in Axl's spot)

I love this guy. He is so talented. My understanding is that Steve was at a crossroads in his life when was slammed with personal and health issues. His heart was broken and he's never discussed by whom. His mom passed away after a long illness. Then he was diagnose with a degenerative bone desease that causes him great pain. He realized he just wanted to live his life privately. He never found a way to combine sharing his love of music with the public attention that came with it.

:rocker: Some "classic" Steve Perry and Journey !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShgBXY3kUc"]Journey "Open Arms" live in 1982 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCEXc1sjBA"]Journey - Don't Stop Believing - YouTube[/ame]

thanks for the tunes.. :)

This is one of my favorites--

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVs4jDL-JBo"]Journey - Faithfully - YouTube[/ame]

Was just thinking about him after watching a video of the making of the original "We Are the World".

I love the original Journey, and I think Steve Perry is one of the best singers of our time. He has an amazing voice!

I love Journey too. Makes me smile and relax every time I hear it. And it's the best road trip, sing along music ever. I've heard the new singer for Journey and he's great, but Steve Perry is extra special, IMO.

Found this article from Jan of this year. Sounds like he's moving forward with music/studio plans. Sorry to hear of all his joint/health issues. Praying he can find some relief from that! And I'd buy a new album from him in a heartbeat. :)

The next generation, my daughter discovered Journey because of Glee performing "Don't Stop Believing", but I was introduced to them in college- think 1978 by my roommate. Original Journey songs like "Wheel In the Sky", and "Lights". I think I have 3 Journey albums and their greatest hits CD. I can sing Journey because Steve Perry sings in my range! Hope he's okay.

Steve Perry was not so nice to band mates from what I watched on a TV show, they didn't go into details but it must have been pretty bad. Steve Perry also on a TV interview said some untrue statements about his band mates. I think you can find it on youtube.

Unless Steve Perry accepts he wronged his band mates and they clear that up, they'll never get back together and I think it is too far for even that.

:waitasec: No one said anything about them getting back together. Did you read either link in the thread? Steve addresses his current relationship with the band, and there's no desire on either side to reunite. Frankly, having been friends with many musicians in several groups, when you tour together and have artistic personalities, and human idiosyncrasies as we all do, it's pretty normal to end up pretty sick of each other. Steve didn't seem bitter or upset, just acknowledged that they're on different paths.

Not sure how you determined whose statements were true/untrue, but since it seems they've figured out how to have a business relationship, hopefully we can not drag old grudges into a thread celebrating Steve's talent.

:waitasec: No one said anything about them getting back together. Did you read either link in the thread? Steve addresses his current relationship with the band, and there's no desire on either side to reunite. Frankly, having been friends with many musicians in several groups, when you tour together and have artistic personalities, and human idiosyncrasies as we all do, it's pretty normal to end up pretty sick of each other. Steve didn't seem bitter or upset, just acknowledged that they're on different paths.

Not sure how you determined whose statements were true/untrue, but since it seems they've figured out how to have a business relationship, hopefully we can not drag old grudges into a thread celebrating Steve's talent.

I agree with you 100% Seek. I have loved many musicians most of my life. I dated quite a few and have been lifelong friends w/ artists. I'm sure as you
stated, they are sick of each other and do not want to reunite.
It did say at least Steve and Randy (second Journey) are friends.

I'm so happy I got to meet them and talk. They were just so warm and friendly. Like old home week.
Steve is amazing and I wish him the best and look forward to his solo work.

:) Goz

The VOICE. Love, love. Up there with Robert Plant and Roy Orb!

He screams it and means it <2:47> STILL gives me a chill, and in a GOOD way. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPdIuXkYoF0"]Steve Perry & Journey ~ Sweet & Simple - YouTube[/ame]

Journey will be touring in Montreal in November and I already have tickets reserved. Won't be the same without Steve.

I'm a huge Journey fan. 3 of my favourites will be performing that same night on the same stage.

Journey
Pat Benatar
Loverboy

Can't wait :rocker:

Journey will be touring in Montreal in November and I already have tickets reserved. Won't be the same without Steve.

I'm a huge Journey fan. 3 of my favourites will be performing that same night on the same stage.

Journey
Pat Benatar
Loverboy

Can't wait :rocker:

Hahaha! 3 of the best - Gawd, I miss the 80's! Hope you have a great time!

I loved Journey back in the day, too. I saw them a few years ago with the new singer and although they sounded great and the new guy was awesome - I was wishing Steve was up there instead. Seems I read awhile back that there was some tension between Steve and the rest of the band, but I don't recall exactly what it was.

I think Journey will probably be inducted into the RnRHOFsomeday. Give it time. I was glad to see GnR inducted as I am a HUGE fan of Slash and all the bands he has formed since he split GnR (Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, and the new material he's put out lately). I saw him in concert about a month ago and he blew me away. He's a better guitar player than he has ever been! He just keeps getting better! I'm a guitar player and was in awe watching his every move! I think Axl still owns the GnR name however. I read Slash's book and Axl wore him down and owned a higher percentage of the name, so when they split - Axl took the GnR name. I think I have that right - it's been awhile since I read Slash's book. Anyway, hopefully Journey will make it into the hall of fame one day :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back