NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 911 call more fake than this one is the one made by a 2-year-old who accidentally dials it while playing with the cordless phone.

Absolutely 100% most lackluster emergency call ever recorded.

You are very openminded and generous in your opinions. I mean that sincerely.

I think he is guilty as sin and actually involved, but even if he isn't in my book being so out of touch that you haven't seen your child since Thursday to report her missing late Saturday afternoon when the entire world seems aware that your wife is torturing and beating your child makes you guilty by association/neglect.

I agree. If wishful thinking, I want to believe the father is just dumb, but I can't. Guilty as sin. IMO, he was the only one that allowed all this to happen to Zahra. I don't buy his dumb act. However, EB seems motivated by pure evil and put some kind of spell on him as manipulative people can. Our spirits are tested when it concerns the well being of our children versus our own selfish lust. He really failed Zahra.

Where is that Monte Carlo ? I just can't believe this carp !

no WAY after finding a ransom note talking about kidnapping a child do you fail to check on your own child, i'm not buying that. also, during the call he talks about that ransom note a LOT and even says something to the effect that maybe they took his daughter instead, like a question to the operator. now we know that EB wrote that note. it really sounds like he was in on it.

He even says his boss thought it might be an "ex employee". Built in bad guy..............

I agree. If wishful thinking, I want to believe the father is just dumb, but I can't. Guilty as sin. IMO, he was the only one that allowed all this to happen to Zahra. I don't buy his dumb act. However, EB seems motivated by pure evil and put some kind of spell on him as manipulative people can. Our spirits are tested when it concerns the well being of our children versus our own selfish lust. He really failed Zahra.

I was reading in the FA thread and came away so upset. I think soulscape(?) is going to be more accurate than we'd first realised.

I can't stop thinking about 2 things: Coffey and donuts.

Makes me really want to go kick his butt .... :furious:

I strongly disagree with this assumption. He sounds like an everyday normal Australian who comes from the country. But hey, don't take my word for it, what would I know.

We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.

This was on the Love for Zahra site.........

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=124056834314060&topic=84

DISPATCHER: 911 what is your emergency?

ADAM BAKER: Ah.. yeah my daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: I'm sorry? Your daughter…

ADAM BAKER: My daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: Your daughter is missing.

DISPATCHER: What is your address?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave. Northwest.

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

DISPATCHER: How old is your daughter?

ADAM BAKER: She is 10. She's handicapped.. she has a prosthetic leg… so that…

DISPATCHER: How long has seen been missing?

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

DISPATCHER: I am not familiar with what happened last night... what happened last night?

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

ADAM BAKER: And his daughter is fine. His daughter came with him last night when I called him. And uh, It appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

DISPATCHER: OK, Do you know who this was?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know who... No... no ma'am..

DISPATCHER: Do you know any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

ADAM BAKER: I don't know.

DISPATCHER: What is your name?

ADAM BAKER: My name is Adam Baker.

DISPATCHER: Phone number?

ADAM BAKER: 962-xxxx

DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...

DISPATCHER: OK.. ok.. did you talk to your boss about it?

ADAM BAKER: Um... I have just spoken to him and he umm told me to do... and he's going to be here shortly....

DISPATCHER: OK.. do you think that he knows?

ADAM BAKER: Umm.. we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been like an ex-employee or something..

DISPATCHER: OK and you said 21 25th Ave. Northwest?

ADAM BAKER: 21 21st Ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. 21 21st ave.

DISPATCHER: OK.. Hold on just a sec.

ADAM BAKER: OK. Thank you

[Silence...]

DISPATCHER: OK... I see it now. I wasn't finding the call.. OK.

ADAM BAKER: It was officer .. [unintelligible]

DISPATCHER: Ok, we are getting the police out there.. if you find out anything at all in the meantime before we get the officer out there call me back and it would help us as far as finding your daughter.

ADAM BAKER: Ok. Thank you ma'am

IMHO what is wrong with that 911 call?

Everything that is not highlighted in red.

We've all heard frantic geniune (later proven to be geniune) to report a missing child or to report a crime that has occured and invariably the parents are frantic. Can't spit out who they need to respond quick enough. Some even beg for help.

In one other case on here we even had a grandmother who almost yelled at the 911 operator...saying "Something's wrong....WE'VE GOT TO FIND HER". Even if that particular case has brought out some ugly behavior by that grandmother since that 911 call. That utterance was geniune and the panic and horror behind it was almost palpable. JMHO.

Not so here.

I had not focused on Zahra's Dad until I heard that 911 call. IMHO he's not only has my attention but he's smack dab in the middle of my radar. JMHO.

He even says his boss thought it might be an "ex employee". Built in bad guy..............

Sheesh, kinda makes you wonder what his boss would think he did that would drive an ex-employee to do something like this, doesn't it?

Welllll that 911 call was interesting to say the least..............

I know people act differently in emergency situations butttt...there was no urgency there at all, none, nada, zilch !

I am a very calm person under pressure and have made many calls to 911 (rowdy teenage son and daughter with Epilepsy) and I have never been hysterical during a call. Even so, I don't converse with the operator like I've know him/her for 20 years or make "cutesy" inappropriate remarks or giggle during an emergency either!

Something tells me AB was being "prepped" for Z's disappearance for quite some time. Homeschooling (but not filing to do it legally), "we only see her when she wants something" from dad, neighbors never even knew there was a little girl living there :waitasec:

What a huge mess :sick:

We have family from OZ so I don't think it's the accent that is getting me. My 40yo brother is HFA/Aspergers and AB is so much like him it's unreal. Right down to the fascination with video gaming. THEY could be brothers.

My brother called 911 after his step -sons attempted suicide.... He was UNRESPONSIVE. I was standing right there and you seriously would have thought he was ordering a pizza. It's a key characteristic to the disorder ... no matter what a complete lack of emotion. They are also extremely naive.

I've lived here all my life, I also live in Queensland and I meet people everyday who sound just like him.

IMHO what is wrong with that 911 call?

Everything that is not highlighted in red.

We've all heard frantic geniune (later proven to be geniune) to report a missing child or to report a crime that has occured and invariably the parents are frantic. Can't spit out who they need to respond quick enough. Some even beg for help.

In one other case on here we even had a grandmother who almost yelled at the 911 operator...saying "Something's wrong....WE'VE GOT TO FIND HER". Even if that particular case has brought out some ugly behavior by that grandmother since that 911 call. That utterance was geniune and the panic and horror behind it was almost palpable. JMHO.

Not so here.

I had not focused on Zahra's Dad until I heard that 911 call. IMHO he's not only has my attention but he's smack dab in the middle of my radar. JMHO.

Right on Kat - Compare the call to CA, no comparison is there.

I think what is making this so difficult to find her is that her body *WARNING GRAPHIC* is chopped up from that wood chipper. I hope they find her. :(

absolutely!
This past year I worked with a maybe birth dad (he was not on Birth Cert) who had Aspergers. I can still clearly remember the meeting between he and child services when he asked, point blank to the child services worker how much money he would get on SSI if he had this baby on the budget.
...and after a 30 minute visit with his child, he told us he was ok with that amount of time because he wanted to go get some pizza and have a smoke.

(no, he did not get the child.)

I've lived here all my life, I also live in Queensland and I meet people everyday who sound just like him.

You meet people every day that you have a complete lack of emotion and be monotone when making a 911 call about their missing daughter? It's not the sound of his voice that I'm speaking of, rather, the lack of emotion and inflection in his tone.

Yep! Get him there to give the mistaken identity theory some validity IMO!!
Anybody who would know such intimate details about the boss to ask for a million dollar ransom -would know the boss didn't live in that little house!!:furious:

That was one of the parts that stood out to me. He knows in great detail that the ransom note was placed on his company vehicle, addressed to his boss, supposedly to lure everyone out of the house to steal the boss's daughter (ending up with Z due to mistaken identity), and him and the boss have even discussed who it might be like an ex employee

BUT when asked why someone would take the boss's daughter, he says he has no idea. It was a ransom note for a million dollars. The motive supposedly is money. How is he suddenly clueless about that.

Except that the note is to establish mistaken identity, so the ransom cash motive slipped his mind because it is not relevant to this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998