George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ironic to harp on the lack of a source for a statement that you KNOW you has a source, when we are discussing leaked medical reports that no one has seen one page of...

JMO

Where did I "harp" ? I cut to the chase for him. What's the point to send that person to a report that has a few sentences that cites no sources when the information that the source claims to have should be in the information everyone has already? If you have either source by all means give it to him/her.

That's funny? I don't care what anyone thinks about Trayvon or George, but there's absolutely nothing funny about the murder conviction of anyone imo

We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think there's anything debatable about a victim's actions on the night he was murdered, but I digress.

I was not laughing about the murder conviction itself, rather it was funny the way the poster turned around the adrenaline comment.

That's funny? I don't care what anyone thinks about Trayvon or George, but there's absolutely nothing funny about the murder conviction of anyone imo

There's absolutely nothing funny about the murder of anyone, either.

Where did I "harp" ? I cut to the chase for him. What's the point to send that person to a report that has a few sentences that cites no sources when the information that the source claims to have should be in the information everyone has already? If you have either source by all means give it to him/her.

umm..okay. We know that the comment I made has a source, it's been discussed before, and it seems that sometimes people ask for a source or link to be snarky. That may not be the case here, but I've seen it over and over and over and over again.

JMO

How so? Do you play or watch sports? Do you have the urge to kill someone when your adrenaline starts pumping? This is the same argument that there has been since day 1. Adrenaline is not evidence of a crime. Following is not evidence of a crime. Watching is not evidence of a crime. Failing to identify yourself is not evidence of a crime. What are ALL of these things? Red herrings, post hoc ergo prompter hoc, and various other logical fallacies.

Stalking is a crime....
Taking the law into your own hands IS a crime...
In MOST states.. Killing an unarmed person when the police have been called and are within 2 minutes away IS a crime but it seems like in this case it's just a "damn shame"

Stalking is a crime....
Taking the law into your own hands IS a crime...
In MOST states.. Killing an unarmed person when the police have been called and are within 2 minutes away IS a crime but it seems like in this case it's just a "damn shame"

If the state had any chance of proving stalking this would be a 1st degree murder case and not 2nd.
No it's not. See the discussion regarding citizen's arrest.
No matter how far away the police are, and even when dealing WITH the police, you have the right to defend yourself where applicable.

umm..okay. We know that the comment I made has a source, it's been discussed before, and it seems that sometimes people ask for a source or link to be snarky. That may not be the case here, but I've seen it over and over and over and over again.

JMO

I do, and you do. I also know that the source you're speaking of just says "Many officers" and goes on to use the word "police" so how is it a foul on my part to cut to the chase and tell the person "the source doesn't cite their sources, look in the police reports - but I haven't found any indication" ?

Also, there's this post in the stickies regarding asking for a source: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7871552&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome*IMPT NOTICE PLEASE READ*[/ame]

I do, and you do. I also know that the source you're speaking of just says "Many officers" and goes on to use the word "police" so how is it a foul on my part to cut to the chase and tell the person "the source doesn't cite their sources, look in the police reports - but I haven't found any indication" ?

Also, there's this post in the stickies regarding asking for a source: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome*IMPT NOTICE PLEASE READ*

Please use common sense when asking for or when asking others to provide a link.

If a link is requested for a disputed fact - that is reasonable because misinformation is spread when someone makes an off the cuff comment and no one asks for a link and it becomes fact.

if a link is asked for your obvious opinion- forget it- don't even respond and alert on the post.

If a link is requested to support something that is basic to the case or clearly stipulated by all like "trayvon was killed by George Zimmerman" no need to supply a link-no need to ask for a link.
if you say something that is not in msm and someone asks you for a link don't be shocked or offended and you will be required to post it.

Generally ,links are not requested or required to be annoying. Generally they are requested to make sure that what we are posting can pass fact check.We need them, but I think it is not rocket science to figure out when a link is requested in good spirit and when it is requested to be a pill. If you are requesting a link- take a moment to check the media thread and see if one is posted already.

Thanks for posting that, the emphasis is mine.

<snip>
If a link is requested for a disputed fact - that is reasonable because misinformation is spread when someone makes an off the cuff comment and no one asks for a link and it becomes fact.
<snip>

The emphasis is now mine. Is it a disputed fact? Yes. We have a single source, which cites no sources, that states this. We have no police statements to back it up. I wouldn't consider it to be fact just yet.

Can someone start a new thread about zimmermans injuries,please? Thanks

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173168"]George Zimmerman's injuries, per leaked reports #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member