Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

Please remember that we DO NOT have any verified locals in this case. It's very important to remember that fact.

If someone wants to be verified, they need to contact wsverify@xmission.com with their WS name, real name, phone number, address and how they are involved in the case.

Otherwise, please only use links as facts. All else is :moo:

Thanks for posting that link! This old psych nurse says that his posts do not show that he was psychotic or out-of-touch with reality when posting on that forum.

This one statement might relate to why he created a story about seeing Taylor and Skyla as monsters.

"I've been doing alot of writing lately, about ideas for monsters, I tell ya, some of that is some sick ****, but cool as hell."
http://josepimorgan.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=5
(March 13, 2007)

His post about not having a scanner (5 months after the murder of Taylor and Skyla) is interesting. Yep, he did have a big, ugly secret. :furious:
http://josepimorgan.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=0
(Nov 2008 post)

It is interesting that he posted quite a bit about drinking and joked that he had a drinking problem. (His drinking or abstinence from drinking isn't an excuse for killing women and little girls.) It was also interesting that he posted that he contacted the news and went on tv after his nephew was shot. Did he really have a brother that died or did he just post that to gather sympathy/attention? What happened to his brother?

Yes, his brother died in 2007. He committed suicide. He mentioned it on his blog. Don't ask me where, I'm not wading through all that again! Here is a People article that also refers to it.

~snip~

Sweat wrote a cryptic blog post in 2008 saying he had a "secret for everyone." His blog posts reveal, in words and images, a troubled Naval veteran whose brother committed suicide in 2007 and who seemed obsessed with guns, knives and violence.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20554179,00.html

Did OSBI confirm that these two tips lead to KS? TIA.

No believe09, OSBI hasn't confirmed this to my knowledge, so all we have to go on is what the poster says so it should be considered rumor. My apologies if my post was misleading.

MOO

wm

:blowkiss: wm.

I love following your posts fwiw-you have an incredible talent for detail imo.

I think he created the character Johney Darkness. Maybe he fantasized that he was Johney Darkness (?) Scan through his stories where a lot of violence occurs to females.
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/412742/josepimorgan

Great find Pensfan! I hadn't seen this. I guess violence against females is his thang, eh? Makes me want to throw up!

I would like to know the conditions of KS' departure from the Navy?

Is there a mental health screening when one enlists in the military? (all I know about enlisting is that my dad lied about his age when signing up back in the day and was accepted into the army lulz!) Why is msm not prying into this guys background? Do you or anyone else know if military records can be used in a civilian murder trial?

His written interactions/responses with posters on the deviantart site are polite, yet his stories portray violence against women and he bashes his fiancee and calls her names in one blog post. I thought the contrast in real life interactions vs his thoughts notable.

I guess am a little worried about this insanity defense, but you are the psyche nurse so I humbly defer to your opinion. :)

My opinion of KS is that he is 'the Devil in Disquise'.

moo

wm

Great find Pensfan! I hadn't seen this. I guess violence against females is his thang, eh? Makes me want to throw up!

I would like to know the conditions of KS' departure from the Navy?

Is there a mental health screening when one enlists in the military? (all I know about enlisting is that my dad lied about his age when signing up back in the day and was accepted into the army lulz!) Why is msm not prying into this guys background? Do you or anyone else know if military records can be used in a civilian murder trial?

His written interactions/responses with posters on the deviantart site are polite, yet his stories portray violence against women and he bashes his fiancee and calls her names in one blog post. I thought the contrast in real life interactions vs his thoughts notable.

I guess am a little worried about this insanity defense, but you are the psyche nurse so I humbly defer to your opinion. :)

My opinion of KS is that he is 'the Devil in Disquise'.

moo

wm
Does anyone have info. on past insanity defenses in Okla? I am going to go search. My guess is that successful insanity defenses for homicide in Okla are most nonexistent.

Found something:

Recent insanity defense cases in Oklahoma include:
• Morgan E. Cline, 20, Mustang - convicted May 25, 2011 of shooting his father in bed in 2009. *His Oklahoma violent crimes lawyer plans an appeal.
• Kassie Lakei Bills, 29, Oklahoma City - convicted in 2009 of the 2007 shooting death of a friend, Shequiea Thompson, 24. *Her conviction was overturned on appeal in early May, and a new trial has been ordered.
• Eric Knox, 28, Oklahoma City - accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend in 2009. *A judge granted a continuance in September 2010 to give his criminal defense attorney time to seek another psychiatric evaluation.

The insanity defense is only used in about 1% of homicide cases, and it is successful in only about 25% of those cases. *Of the cases in which the insanity defense was successfully employed, 90% of the defendants had a previously diagnosed mental illness.
http:///blog/2011/06/oklahoma-doctor-acquitted-in-sons-fatal-stabbing/

If he somehow manages to fool an Oklahoma no nonsense jury, he will likely end up institutionalized forever in the inmate unit at Griffin Memorial (spooky no-frills mental hospital) which, IMO, is significantly worse than ending up in Big Mac (prison).

Does anyone have info. on past insanity defenses in Okla? I am going to go search. My guess is that successful insanity defenses for homicide in Okla are most nonexistent.

In the last 2 years, I know of one. Totally different circumstances. Doctor in Nichols Hills murdered his young son, He had serious mental issues way before this murder occured.I think the last name was Fischer or Fisher. Just a terrible tragedy. Kinda reminded me of a male version of Andrea Tate from Houston.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_...t-appears-in-court-for-prelim-status-hearings

The third testimony came from Delinda Morrison, Sweat's aunt and Patrick Sweat's sister, who said the two were very close at the time of Taylor's murder.

Morrison said Sweat was at her home daily during that time. She said Sweat told her he no longer wished to marry Taylor and he intended to break up with her the weekend they were to leave for the wedding.

The day Taylor went missing, Morrison said Sweat told her he and Taylor argued and she got out of the car. His aunt testified, "He asked me if he did something really bad, would I still love him?"

Morrison describes Sweat as red and sweaty that day. He took a shower at her home before getting ready for his job at Subway.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_...ourt-for-prelim-status-hearings#ixzz1vgzFSyhU

GRRRRR! The monster went to make sandwiches at Subway after killing Ashley! Unbelieveable!!!

I wonder if the witness testimony was completed yesterday. I google and see what I can find.

wm

http://www.fox23.com/content/crime/...in-Sweat-to-trial/YulCUJYAKUSKwdQeu1eclg.cspx

On the stand, Titstworth testified Sweat was afraid of breaking up with Ashley because she might hurt herself. He also said Sweat mentioned being afraid that

Ashley may say something about the Weleetka murders.

That’s been a suspected motive but the investigator, prosecutors or the defense wouldn’t elaborate.

"What is the truth? What did she know, what didn't she know? Did she suspect something, didn't she suspect something? Or is that Kevin trying to set up his excuse,” said Taylor.

The defense asked for the trial to be dismissed for several reasons including the medical examiner not being able to positively identify the human remains as Ashley.

The judge denied the request.

Sweat is scheduled to be arraigned on June 6th.

Sweat’s preliminary hearing is scheduled November 5th, 6th and 7th for the murders of best friend’s Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11.

Technically can we say he is a SK because it has been 3 people

Technically can we say he is a SK because it has been 3 people
Yep, if convicted for these crimes, he has hit the annals of serial killers as three is usually considered the minimum number.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back