LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please follow mamamia54; she is putting together graphics and maps and is trying to piece it together better than anyone else on here. Feed her information; anything that comes to your mind. No time to waste!

see attached

Attachments

• Facts2_edited-1.jpg
    Facts2_edited-1.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 41
Name of the owner of the property? I don't know. Just that stupid cryptic post. If it's nothing or if it's something someone witnessed, I have no idea. This situation is so serious that I pay attention to everything but there's no way to know.

Artis
I really dont think it's anything. It has to do with a wreck that happened sunday, some 17 yr odl kid that likes in the house next door was driving without a license and killed someone in a car when he hit them. Its just some kid being a jerk.

ok this is where i get weirded out about brettlys bike again. it WAS only a matter of hours between when it was stolen and when it was found shoved in some bushes (that is of course if it was stolen the day bike lafayette reported it missing which was May 9th). i have the link to the facebook conversation where the guy that found it tells bike lafayette about it. so strange. i cant help but feel that its somehow connected. just such a strange coincidence to me.

I haven't read any of that but wasn't it a matter of it being posted as stolen (on FB) and three hours later some cop had it?

I'm not the one that mentioned construction in the area, but no, I didn't see the truck again as I drove in the other direction. To be honest, though, I didn't think much of the truck because there are SO MANY trucks that might fit that description in Lafayette that I wouldn't bat an eyelash at one, even if it *was* in the area. There are just that many around town.
Kind of eery to think about but I was at the coffeeshop rt there by walgreens and south college one day two weeks ago. LMAO about all the white trucks. I literally counted 15 passing me within 1 minute. How long has the fair been here? Was there a 'white truck convention? I know there was a sale lot by UMC medical center for a while recently. when did that end?

I just posted the map that slowlybutshelly and I pieced together, I'm on page 5 right now, but I have my posts set as 50 per page, so you may need to back up a page to see it.

The pic from Versialles is really bugging me... Ok, I see now that I was wrong. She does not appear to be turning left. We are seeing her from the front. The lights had me confused and I thought the light behind her was her headlight. There are some post lights in front of the school pickup area, causing that big white blur on the left, but I can't imagine why these would be on at 2am on a Sat. Morning. And maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I see her stopped (one foot on ground) and pointing with left arm as if giving directions or turning. anyone see this? Should I just go to bed now? Thanks

Also, another thought. Why would LE release this picture with her so far away when they could have clearly gotten a better shot with her a little closer. Perhaps any closer and the car behind her (possibly the perp) would be in the shot? Am I just reaching now?

Is this a Government Building? Like a municipal/24 hour operational building?

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg80...ename=capture0013005201202134.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg29...ename=capture0223005201202140.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg83...ename=capture0173005201202140.jpg&res=landing

the reason I ask, is because does anyone know if they have had any reason to interview people who work in the general vicinity of the Circle K? Im not trying to imply that any vehicles seen on Google Maps is of interest, especially since the photos are a few years old. And the reason i ask about 24 hour operational buildings is I dont know what its like in Lafayette, but is it normal for vehicles to be out driving around at 2am (I know streets are never completely empty)

Again, Im not trying to look harder into things that need be, just curious is all

It's the city/parish government building. Lafayette Utilities System's office and accounting departments are there. The third picture shows the drive through lane to pay your utility bill. Community meetings are held there sometimes. I believe the Parish President's office is there. They're open normal business hours but the LUS drive thru for bill payment is open until 7 weekdays, I think. I believe they're closed on the weekends, but there are always vehicles in that back parking lot (behind and to the rear of the drive-thru).

Yes, it's normal for there to be vehicles on the road at 2 am. That's the mandatory closing time for all bars within the city limits.

There is a lot of information out there and it hard to sort it all out but here are a few observations.

1) The two white P/u one going west and one going east at the Circle K are very similar. The "custom" gas cap would only be visible on the one going east and, while the rims of that one appear "shinier, that could be an artifact of the lighting. There may be a lot of these white "03 to '09 Cevey Crew Cab z71's, they can't be that common. The cost at least $40K new. I think the are the same.

2)I ride a bikle a lot and I know many who do. I know of many "auto on bike" accidents and I have never heard of a car "rear ending" a bike. A bike in front of you is very visable. There was a case in Indiana where a girl on a bike was accidentally hit and killed and the driver hide the bike and body. That was in the early morning on a rural road. The driver have some time to think out his options. There are hundreds of hit and runs where the driver just takes off. I can not imagine a driver accidentally hit and killing a cyclist and, within seconds, gevise a plan to load the victim and the bike into his vehicle and take off and stage it as a serial killing. I think it was deliberate.

3) If a driver is cruising around thinking about hitting and abducting a girl on a bike, it will not be an impulsive act. The pretetor will first check out the victim to make sure she is his "type" then he will wait for an appropreate spot to act. If the driver passed Mickey going the opposite direction he wouldn't get a good look. He would want to get a good look and her and then follow her to a spot that he would not be seen. He must have followed her down St Landry. If the White Chevey is the only vehicle that went that way in that period, it is most likely it.

4) When a bicycle is hit hard enough to cause the hand grip to come off, there must be more debris laying on the road. Hopefully they have looked carefully.

5) Once the perp has made the snatch, he would want to get out of Dodge. The obvious route to the Interstate is west on St Landry and then left on University . (the white P/U going east is in the left turn lane). There is no way he is going to drive 27 miles to dump the bike. He is headed in that direction anyway; probably to the Baton Rouge area. Exiting the freeway and then going all the way up the boat launch ramp is a lot of exta driving just to pitch the bike. Maybe he was hoping to find a better spot but my guess is that he knew there wouldn't be anyone there and that is the spot he did whatever he did to Michael.

Yes, there are going to be a lot of white Chevy Crew cab P/U's in Baton Rouge but that is the key to solving this.

I haven't read any of that but wasn't it a matter of it being posted as stolen (on FB) and three hours later some cop had it?

The cop who found it, I have actually researched and he lives within a few blocks of MS

Shelly, I picked this up from another thread. This was her supposed way home according to Brettly (or someone close to her):
According to this, she wouldn't have regularly continued on Parkside south of Versailles regardless of an oncoming car.
I posted that; I heard it sunday at the 'conference' and vigil in which BW spoke about what route she would have taken. Obviously she did not go that way; for some unearthly reason.

Ok, I'm going to post this map, not certain just what route Mickey would have taken after she passed the Circle K, but there are several streets that would lead her to Johnson St, and that would have lead her toward her home. I'll be back tomorrow. If anyone has other info they might want me to post, let me know. Reposting the map on this page and I'm heading to sleepy bye land lol.

Attachments

• map002.jpg
    map002.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 13
I posted that; I heard it sunday at the 'conference' and vigil in which BW spoke about what route she would have taken. Obviously she did not go that way; for some unearthly reason.

Afraid of passing by the cemetery perhaps?

very possible. I should try it myself tomorrow. I think there are speed bumps in that lot; not easy to traverse and get through quickly. Putting it on my list to try in broad daylight. any other local want to try to find the turnaround route with me?

The cop who found it, I have actually researched and he lives within a few blocks of MS

For some reason that sounds kinda creepy. Like he planted it, then "discovered" it so he could look like the hero to Mickey's best friend, and perhaps have Mickey get to know him a little bit. I think I'm just way over-tired. Time to hit the hay.

There are probably hundreds of oil field service companies and several majors in Lafayette and the surrounding towns ...Broussard, Youngsville, Scott, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, Carencro, Maurice, Abbeville, etc. Many of them buy fleet vehicles in large lots (and some buy only 4-5). They buy white to counter the heat. The buy club cab for transporting passengers, equipment, and sleeping in when necessary (at the rig or on location). In the good old days they turned 'em over every 2 years or so and gave the employee the opportunity to buy them at a good rate.

My point is, there's a glut of very similar looking trucks in the Lafayette area and I would guess most are driven by men. It's just one of those factors particular to this case.

MS in the pic is seen from a camera probably at the bank (midsouth and st jean); the camera is looking backwards from its building watching her come up versailles. She would then take a rt to go on ST JOHN. Hope this helps a local yocal stay oriented.

To the right of the pole, it looks like a 33-46ish white male with dark hair, a receding hairline, and possibly glasses facing to the left, wearing a white t-shirt and dark pants. He looks height-weight proportionate.

The white stuff to the left of the pole is what makes it confusing. It doesn't look like anything specific, and the white bleeds in with the white shirt on the guy so much that it makes it seem like the man to the right of the pole may just be an optical illusion, like the face on Mars.

bbm: OK, do you have super software and mean this seriously, or are ya funning with me? Because I was serious though uncertain ...

For some reason that sounds kinda creepy. Like he planted it, then "discovered" it so he could look like the hero to Mickey's best friend, and perhaps have Mickey get to know him a little bit. I think I'm just way over-tired. Time to hit the hay.

Tired talk or not,...I agree

I feel badly for Charlie and Brettley because, in addition to losing a loved one, you know they must be concerned about their personal safety. It seems like Brettley's bike loss coincidence and Charlie's close resemblance to Mickey would make them possible potential targets for the weirdo. Hopefully some male relatives and trusted friends will maintain a steady bodyguard rotation until this gets solved. These two need a concealed carry permit if they don't already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes