ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

"Mr Baden-Clay's lawyer Darren Mahony said his client was "devastated".
He said it was Baden-Clay’s intention to "defend the charge vigorously".
Mr Mahony said Mr Baden-Clay had instructed him to make an urgent bail application.
Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go to the Supreme Court.
However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week."

Just heard from police friend , accomplice is a crim , someone we haven't discussed. Shock to me . So the possibility of immunity is then a chance . Don't know the finer details . It's all happening now thank goodness . Justice please for Allison

Hoping that if GBC is guilty, that he has a little insight to try and save his children and both families the trauma of a long drawn out trial. Guess he is now eligible for legal aid given the seriousness of the charge. I am glad there has been a breakthrough tonight, but feels a hollow victory in a lot of respects given the children.

IMO..I think he looked detached and unemotional...almost cocky in a subtle sort of way?

I thought he would request to have his face covered with a jumper....IT IS ALWAYS A JUMPER??? lol!

Police should really supply a hood!

I was really suprised when he appeared without a suggestion of wanting to hide...He didn't even hang his head or turn his face from sight?:maddening:

I do not think any of the officers would let him use their jackets to hide his face like the coward he is. iMO

Skull manor is the accused parents house nickname . On google earth pictures the pool looks green. Wasn't a serious comment on my part , more of a light hearted dig.

Finally the higher being of justice steps in to the point of not only arresting the *advertiser censored*, but also making sure that the 3 little innocents in this are taken into the care of the Dickies.
How awful it would have been to hear they were with his parents. It was bad enough he stood at the funeral and played a role he gave away all rights to when he took this beautiful woman.
There is always that desire from us all to know what happened that night, and what drove him to do this to his wife, but if we are to never know the full story - I just hope that he has the eventual dignity to give his adult girls some sort of explanation that could offer them some attempt at closure.

June 13, 2012 7:30PM

Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Police had moved the media away before the cars arrived at 6.25pm.

Scientific police appear to be searching the Baden-Clay home with torches and have switched on several lights both up and downstairs.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

Does anyone know if the Supreme Court ever meets on a weekend? Seems coincidental that an arrest was made tonight, given GBC must wait 48 hours minimum to make a request for bail in the Supreme Court. If they can't attend court over the weekend, the police have planned well. Means they have some breathing space for at least 4 days with him behind bars.

IMO..I think he looked detached and unemotional...almost cocky in a subtle sort of way?

I thought he would request to have his face covered with a jumper....IT IS ALWAYS A JUMPER??? lol!

Police should really supply a hood!

I was really suprised when he appeared without a suggestion of wanting to hide...He didn't even hang his head or turn his face from sight?:maddening:

I dont think he realizes that he has done something wrong. Certainly never looked as though he cared....Maybe he thought he could do whatever he wants to his wife....His right..... :(

Just heard from police friend , accomplice is a crim , someone we haven't discussed. Shock to me . So the possibility of immunity is then a chance . Don't know the finer details . It's all happening now thank goodness . Justice please for Allison

WOW!!! that is completely out of left field!

oh no.....I did not want this to be a case of premeditated, planned murder. Kids could forgive, over a very long time, an 'accidental" death, but not this.

A dear friend of mine was Allisons best friend at primary school., she just text me a message- " Praying for them all, including him- he will suffer in this world and the next , I wouldn't wish that karma on anyone". A very sad day for her family :( xx

ozazure, that Pearson quote you pointed to: "It is especially difficult for social media users and bloggers untrained in media law to navigate all these rules so the best policy is to avoid comment on any matters before the courts until the justice process has run its course. Leave that to the trained, professional journalists who report with the backing of experienced editors and legal advisers."

Note that Pearson is referring to social media users and bloggers untrained in media law. This is exactly what my point was. Thank you for making this so clear.

That's okay dear one :) ~ as we weren't ALL born to be creative folk! Some others are most evidently MUCH more skilled at SLEUTHING & throwing 'sleuths' or whatever too. :)
Maybe chill some & you may just enjoy my little 'artistic' attempt at some 'enlightenment' & diversity from the boring old NORM. :)

I should think that the accused would have access to spiritual counseling tonight

Thanks for your tip, but my two cents worth is that if the police were dealing with a crim as an accomplice , they wouldn't be giving up an immunity from prosecution. They don't give these things out readily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member