Heath Ledger has been found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been glued all afternoon on this one. He was one of my favorite male young actors. What a hottie and talented!!

He will truly be missed!! I feel bad for his daughter.

Tommorrow will be the results of the autospy. We will have to see what the toxologist comes up with.

They said he just came in from London. He was probably exhausted and possibly had pnuemonia.

I wish these stars had doctor's pay more house calls, to make sure there health is in order to help cope with the stresses of being a celebrity!!

I believe that! Pneumonia is a tricky condition that surely can kill a person. Certainly a person who has it shouldn't take drugs he might otherwise be able to handle. I have no medical training but that makes sense to me.

Yes it took me 8 weeks to fully recover but those first few days were the killer. On a side note you can change very quickly with pneumonia and be fine one moment and in respitory arrest the next.

Awww, I loved Heath Ledger. This is so sad.
I hadn't turned on the news all day...first time online too and to this.
How absolutley awful. I just fell in love with him in A Knight's Tale. Loved him and the music in that film. He was great in The Patriot too. I was really looking forward to him as the Joker. Just so darned sad.

I think it was an accident. I hope it was an accident. He had so much to be here for.

RIP Heath....

Awww, I loved Heath Ledger. This is so sad.
I hadn't turned on the news all day...first time online too and to this.
How absolutley awful. I just fell in ove with him in A Knight's Tale. Loved him and the music in that film. He was great in The Patriot too. I was really looking forward to him as the Joker. Just so darned sad.

I think it was an accident. I hope it was an accident. He had so much to be here for.

RIP Heath....

Hi ember, :blowkiss:

You and I are on the same page!

This is so very sad.
My sympathy to his little girl and his entire family.
Heath was such a talented young man. He will be missed.
So very sad by his death today.

Just saw his parents' press conference on Greta. What a lovely family. Mother was in tears, father very, very strong but grieving. His father spoke of what a wonderful person Heath was, mentioned little Matilda...asked for privacy for their family as they dealt with their loss. Just amazing that they came out to talk to the media. God be with them.

Hi ember, :blowkiss:

You and I are on the same page!

O/T...

Hi SCM! :blowkiss:
Good to "see" you! Hope you've been well. :)

Just horrible news, isn't it.
What talent! And looks! And what seemed like a beautiful soul. But death does not play favorites. Not one day can be taken granted. SO very, very sad.

Gosh....this is just terrible. I feel terrible for his family, his daughter, his ex-Michelle and all of his true friends. What's sad for us is a true family tragedy for them. I hope they are comforted by knowing that he touched so many lives through his movies.

Wow, what shocking news. I don't know many of his movies, but I've heard of him and am sad to hear this news. May he rest in peace.

Yes it took me 8 weeks to fully recover but those first few days were the killer. On a side note you can change very quickly with pneumonia and be fine one moment and in respitory arrest the next.

Exactly. The extra fluid in the chest puts a lot of stress on the heart.

i can't believe it. heath was awesome.

me and my brother watched brokeback mountain tonight. my brother said he would never watch it, but did in memorium. we were pretty choked up.

^^He was so amazing in Brokeback. He just broke my heart....

10 things I hate about you

A Knight's Tale

The Patriot

Brokeback Mountain

The Lords of Dogtown

Heath Ledger was a great young actor, and I am very much saddened by his untimely passing. May he rest in peace.

Xanax is not the correct medication for bi-polar if that's what is said he had.

That's just one of the drugs found in his room. Nobody has said anything yet about antidepressants or drugs for bipolar.

The two drugs found are more like "anxiety" meds; but could certainly depress his system, especially along with alcohol. One of the interviews tonight said he drank quite a bit.

this is extremely sad. I know there are times when I am so exhausted or sick and trying to keep going and working and I take too many pills, but never to harm myself .... the opposite; to try to feel better. I wonder if that's what he was doing?

So young, so talented, so intelligent, so handsome and so much to live for. So sad :(

May he rest in peace.

When Brokeback first came out, Nathan Lane was on the Today show for something unrelated & he kept saying "I wish I could quit you, Katie..." I just thought that line was hilarious, I'd say it all the time to people. When I finally got to watch the movie, it totally lost all the humor. I liked him in Knight's Tale, The Patriot & Lords of Dogstown, but his performance in Brokeback was really, I can't even think of a word...but he was amazing in it.

That apartment building - is it just me or is that the building where Tom Hanks lived in Big. TMZ has interior pictures of an apartment that is for sale in the same building & it looks just like it, except there is a fireplace.

Very much like Anna Nicole and Daniel Smith...Heath was perhaps taking anti-anxiety meds, sleeping meds and even anti-depressants (which, BTW, can ALL be taken together if properly prescribed and used) and also may have been ill with an infection (URI/pneumonia/UTI?). It happens, more often than we know because it's rarely a famous person and the public has no idea -often the COD is reported as respiratory or heart failure, not an OD, because it really isn't an OD as such - the drugs they were taking were at theraputic levels - but an infection or a seemingly innocuous combination makes them deadly. Prescriptions they had taken previously in the same doses may sometimes become deadly in combination OR with the addition of an infection or other new circumstance (like drinking alcohol?).

If you combine the right drugs (at theraputic levels) with a body under stress (like with pneumonia or an infection) you can indeed kill yourself without intending to do anything of the sort. And sometimes drugs that the person had been taking - become deadly in combination with a new drug that would have been totally innocuous on it's own, or with a hundred OTHER drugs, just not the one they happened to be taking and forgot to check on drug interactions for. Like Daniel Smith and Anna Nicole Smith....They just go to sleep, and don't wake up...nothing nefarious, no foul play, just the way the wheel of fate spun for them on that day at that hour.

It's very sad, but I don't believe it was suicide or even "drug use" - as in recreational or self-medicating. I see a man with the same demons that many people live with and take meds for every day. It was a fluke and an accident - he didn't intend to die, just to relax and de-stress and get some rest before his massage. It seems to me he was trying to actively take steps to HEAL and relax, not kill himself.

Godspeed Heath - prayers of strength and peace to your family - may they be comforted to know you are even now, enfolding Matilda with angel wings to keep her safe.

My Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members