Penn State Sandusky Trial #12 (GUILTY-post verdict discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeh just said that the ADA from 1998 refused to speak to them during the investigation. He referred to her as 'she'. Was she the ADA to Gricar? TIA

Lady at press conference livid about when will 2nd Mile be investigated.
Many from 2nd Mile wouldn't talk, Freeh had no subpena power but he agrees with her.

Twitter:
Centre Daily Times ‏@centredailycom#Freeh news conference ends after member of Penn Staters for Responsible Stewardship asks about culpability of Second Mile. Freeh: Ask them.

http://www.kimt.com/news/national/s...hers-hid-abuse-to/IOfxim9Js0yKNaujV0YHFg.cspx

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State's investigation into the Jerry Sandusky scandal concludes that coach Joe Paterno and other senior officials "concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse" to avoid bad publicity.

this is the crux of the matter as it relates to the NCAA and possible severe sanctions it COULD impose on penn state. this could warrant any and all penalties, including the death penalty of the football program. but its all up to the ncaa and noone knows what they might do.

a total cr@p shoot.

I am perplexed as to how JS got such a cushy retirement package? Someone even questioned why he receiver professor emeritis due to JS academic status. sorry I can't recall the actual wording.

coastal, I guess IS stopped the coverage but are discecting the presser.

has IS left the coverage?

I was watching on ESPN, they're still talking about it. The livid lady that I mentioned above got the last question/word.
A great way for Freeh to end the conference in my opinion. Let's see where the REAL investigation goes from here. Let's get people with subpena power in there. It may be to late though, I bet lot's of stuff has been destroyed at 2nd Mile the last year or so.

Let's hope that this is a wake up to ALL universities especially with their Cleary Act compliance. I hope all colleges look at the way it is implemented and trained.

Penn State may now be one of the safest places for a child/student to go after this, IMO this is what Freeh was saying when someone asked him about parents sending their kids there.

I asked the mods if we could have a separate thread for all of this....

Report: Paterno, other leaders 'repeatedly concealed' facts about Sandusky sex abuse

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_n...concealed-facts-about-sandusky-sex-abuse?lite

Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and other university leaders "repeatedly concealed critical facts" relating to assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse from authorities, according to Louis Freeh, the former FBI director who conducted an investigation for the university in the Sandusky scandal.

Freeh also found that "although concern to treat the child abuser humanely was expressly stated, no such sentiments were ever expressed" by university officials, including Paterno and the university president, for Sandusky’s victims. The report says that five boys were assaulted by Sandusky on university property after officials knew about a 1998 criminal investigation.

The report says the main cause of the university's failure was a desire to avoid bad publicity. Also contributing:
•A striking lack of empathy for child abuse victims.
•Lack of oversight by the board of trustees.
•"A president who discouraged discussion and dissent."
•Ignorance of child abuse issues and laws.
•A football program that had opted out of university programs and training on reporting requirements.
•"A culture of reverence for the football program that is ingrained at all levels of the campus community."

Freeh's findings may affect the reputation of legendary coach Paterno, who died soon after the Sandusky allegations became public, as well as the university's standing with the National Collegiate Athletic Association, which so far has not announced any punishments of Penn State. The NCAA said Thursday it is studying the report.

Follows with quotes from Freeh's reports and past quotes of the principals....IMO they must charge Spanier now....

Janitors Didn’t Report Jerry Sandusky’s 2000 Rape Incident Because They Feared Joe Paterno (Deadspin)
Janitors who observed Jerry Sandusky performing a sexual act on a young boy in the Lasch Building showers in 2000 kept quiet out of a fear of Joe Paterno and the power he held at Penn State, according to this morning's Freeh Report.

Individuals cited in the report as "Janitor A" and "Janitor B" both observed disturbing behavior in Fall 2000, and the report points to Joe Paterno's "excessive influence" in creating a chilling effect for lower-level Penn State employees to report football team misdoings.
---

matt millen IS disqusting...
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
Someone get Matt Millen off TV today. As good as he was earlier, he's awful today. Do him a favor, ESPN, pull Millen.
Whitlock's one of my favorite sports columnists. Here's his today, post-Freeh release:
---
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man.

That, I suspect, is what happened to Joe Paterno.

There was so much money tied to Penn State football that it was easy for Paterno and the Penn State administrators to choose protecting Sandusky over protecting children.
---
A problem far greater than Penn State

Some pretty damning quotes on Cynthia Baldwin, Penn State counsel in 2010, regarding her reaction to initial suggestion of an independent investigation:

Spanier and Baldwin opposed in independent investigation of the Sandusky issue, with Baldwin stating the "if we do this we will never get rid of the [outside investigative] group in some shape or form. The Board will then think that they should have such a group." Spanier agreed.

Freeh just said that the ADA from 1998 refused to speak to them during the investigation. He referred to her as 'she'. Was she the ADA to Gricar? TIA

She commented on my blog a few days ago. :)

Hint: Freeh is a lot more important than I am.

vinny"
......................................"TODAY IS A DAY TO BE OUTRAGED"
i agree with Vinny a lot. especially today.

There had been a lot of speculation that Sandusky's retirement coincided too closely with the '98 incident, but apparently the decision for him to go was made months before. The only reason he stuck around was to reach the 30 years with Penn State that would have enhanced his retirement package.
I think it was Victim Six (?) who was present when Sandusky got the call in January 1999 about his non-future at Penn State. Maybe that was just a formality at the time.

I think it was Victim 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member