NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB displaying sanity? If only it were true and he'd done it a bit earlier!

Goth culture and screaming arguments finally did for him, maybe. But it was too late.

Hey Teh been wondering where been. Only new I can think of is someone seeing AB & SM at old trailer court 3? weeks ago without Z at 3 am...link about 4 pages back... discussing possible passport pics for AB & Z now

I just got a new drivers license and had to have pic id ss card and proof of address although I havent moved in 20 years...still took 3 weeks to get license in mail

Parental rights in relation to a request for a passport for a child under 18 means, by the Australian Government definition, BOTH parents listed on the child's birth certificate. It has nothing to do with custodial issues or child support. You can't just take a child out of the country (although there are approx 150 cases of this happening per year) without the consent of both parents on the birth certificate unless you fulfill the criteria laid out, this is then investigated.

https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Newppt/Consent.aspx

Are their circumstances in which a mother would NOT be on a birth certificate ? Or be removed from it ? Or is there a court termination process (ie; in the US an unfit mother can have her rights revoked at which point she has no legal claim or obligation to the child. A parent here can also "give up" all their rights if the other parent is in agreement )

I'm going to have trust y'all's word on it being inside a mobile home, aside from the modular type manufactured homes, I haven't been inside of one in around 30 years, so the memory isn't very clear.

Most I can remember was a long cramped hallway, all the doors sliding open/close and failing off the tracks every time you walked passed one.

well what got me is the mismatched cubboard between the stove and refridg.
In most trailers they are side by side and cubboards match even over refridg
to use every inch of space.
Looks like a redo of a kitchen in a older rental type house. JMOO

The passport issue- I can see all kinds of possibilities coming into play here, however: none seem to have worked since at the very least EB and AB are still in the states.

The only interest I can see at this point is evidence gathered from the passport(s) themselves.

My heart hurts.
I come to WS in general looking for swift and solid justice for these children that go missing, but it seems that my wait for it gets longer and longer each time. This really is frustrating.
I read a comment a while back that LE said they will find justice "one way or another" and I really hope that they are working through the proper steps at finding the truth and/or finding Lil Zahra. This statement startled me, quite a bit.
I will continue to wait, but will do so from the sidelines.
It's hard to take much more of this.

Perhaps AB had decided to take Z and flee back to Oz. But perhaps EB hid the passports from them, somewhere in the vehicle. Perhaps AB took the pictures in order to have them when he applied for replacement passports at the Oz consulate in Atlanta. Or perhaps not!

This may be way out there, but we all know when the crap gets deep, most Americans flee south of the border into Mexico.

We also know, not all of the crossings are shall I say very secure and well checked at all times.

Hickory police, via press release, verified the sighting of SM and Z at the furniture store. Only news but big news.

And that sighting had her looking clean and well.

sherbetjello- the "one way or another" was in reference to finishing the search of and around the woodpile- LE said they were going to be done in that area "one way or another" by the end of that day.

So, they wanted American passports. Illegal since neither one were citizens. Are we sure these pics were for passports, and not just for ID?

...i don't know about the U.S. but here in canada you must use business that is licensed to take passport photos, you can't just send in some home done pics along with your application.

...home pics are also unacceptable for any sort of I.D. that i can think of here.

...drivers license, student ID etc etc, pics are taken on site.

All NC state and county agencies require valid Social Security numbers. Although, it looks like EB has had a lot of practice. Maybe she knows some tricks.

fyi, I work for the state of NC. Just so you know, in case I'm coming off as a know-it-all :blushing:

I agree but if they arent US citizens no SS# right? has to be a way around that... maybe AB took Zs pic and she took his in an attempt to get away...Look how many of us dont know the exact protocol and ive lived in the US all my life...maybe they werent sure either and doing what they thought was thier best bet at getting away ...maybe SM was gone to a candle party, sex toy party, drug deal and they were taking advantage of her being gone...stranger things have happened?? I dont know thinking ive been studying this too long to make sense to anyone but myself JMO

If pix were taken in house after move this could be the last picture of little Zahra.
Wish someone could ID the pix as trailer or latest house.

My heart hurts.
I come to WS in general looking for swift and solid justice for these children that go missing, but it seems that my wait for it gets longer and longer each time. This really is frustrating.
I read a comment a while back that LE said they will find justice "one way or another" and I really hope that they are working through the proper steps at finding the truth and/or finding Lil Zahra. This statement startled me, quite a bit.
I will continue to wait, but will do so from the sidelines.
It's hard to take much more of this.

Does it help to say I have no doubt that LE is working really, really hard? And is probably hurting a whole lot right now, for many of the same reasons we all are and then some.

Huge praise for LE working Zahra's case right now.

I agree with looking for an identity change - and just for AB and Zahra - they weren't citizens. If they could have faked identities - then Zahra would have been eligible for all the medical aid PLUS welfare, food stamps, etc. etc. Very interesting - I'll bet that is what they were trying to do.

As for the pic - its definitely inside a mobile home. Single wide - VERY OLD (and very run down). I've been in enough of them over my life - see how cramped and packed right behind her is? The very narrow hallway. Yep - mobile home and a much older one at that! Notice the one cupboard door that's completely off.

...i don't know about the U.S. but here in canada you must use business that is licensed to take passport photos, you can't just send in some home done pics along with your application.

...home pics are also unacceptable for any sort of I.D. that i can think of here.

...drivers license, student ID etc etc, pics are taken on site.

when I got my passport the post office did the pic and helped me with the paperwork and it took 8 weeks to come. I am in PA.

Hey Teh been wondering where been. Only new I can think of is someone seeing AB & SM at old trailer court 3? weeks ago without Z at 3 am...link about 4 pages back... discussing possible passport pics for AB & Z now

I just got a new drivers license and had to have pic id ss card and proof of address although I havent moved in 20 years...still took 3 weeks to get license in mail

I had to join the "real life" world today....lol. Thank You for telling me where to look!!!!!! Does anyone know if they searched the trailer in Sawmill today, I believe that would be the addy you are talking about. One of the family members came in yesterday and said that LE had requested to search it.

well what got me is the mismatched cubboard between the stove and refridg.
In most trailers they are side by side and cubboards match even over refridg
to use every inch of space.
Looks like a redo of a kitchen in a older rental type house. JMOO

The stove and refrigerator were never side by side in any of the trailers I've lived in.

Perhaps AB had decided to take Z and flee back to Oz. But perhaps EB hid the passports from them, somewhere in the vehicle. Perhaps AB took the pictures in order to have them when he applied for replacement passports at the Oz consulate in Atlanta. Or perhaps not!

Oh if only that were true. I would like to think that he was trying to save that precious child.....

Hi all, I've been "lurking" for awhile trying to catch up and finding that most of my "wonderings" have already been wondered and replied to by others. Thank you all for all the good information and I have to say that I am awed to see so many intelligent and caring people gathered here.
I have a question that maybe is silly or has already been answered but I am hoping someone will be kind enough to clear this up for me: Here goes- If Zahra's leg was not being well tended to at the amputation site...or her prostheses was rubbing...and there was some necrosis, could that necrotic tissue cause a cadaver dog to "hit" on a spot where her leg had rested?
Thanks for your patience with this "newbie". :)

Quoted from several pages back, bbm, for people just hopping aboard the thread in case you didn't see it. I thought this was an extremely interesting point.

Are their circumstances in which a mother would NOT be on a birth certificate ? Or be removed from it ? Or is there a court termination process (ie; in the US an unfit mother can have her rights revoked at which point she has no legal claim or obligation to the child. A parent here can also "give up" all their rights if the other parent is in agreement )

I don't know, I can't imagine a reason why the birth mother would not be on the birth certificate.

As to your question of termination of rights, I don't know, I've not looked into. Other Aussie's on the board may know. I'm assuming there would be some sort of similar process though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo