GUILTY IL - Kraig Monroe for child abuse, Belleville, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) -- St. Clair County investigators say a two year old girl was beaten to the brink of death for almost four days straight, because she wouldn't stop crying.

The girl is listed in critical condition at Cardinal Glennon Hospital. Doctors had to remove a quarter of her intestines, she is badly bruised , has both a broken arm and leg and is on a feeding tube.

Police have arrested a boyfriend of the girl's mother. 24-year-old Kraig Monroe (left) was arrested at his trailer earlier this week. He is charged with punching the girl in the stomach and pulling out her hair over a three to four day peroid while she was strapped in a chair.

Police say the girl's mother was at work, came home, but did nothing but to give the girl a dose of Motrin. :furious: She has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

Officials at the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department said, "this child went to hell and nobody did anything about it."

http://www.kmox.com/pages/6490051.php?contentType=4&contentId=5681646

=======================================
03.03.2010 5:15 pm
<snip>

The girl’s mother took the child to Memorial Hospital in Belleville on Monday because the girl was vomiting and lethargic, according the the St. Clair County Sheriff Department. She was transferred to a St. Louis hospital, where she was in critical condition after having part of her intestine removed because of injuries. The girl was put on a feeding tube, which may be required for the rest of her life, according to authorities. The girl also had a broken arm and a broken leg from previous incidents and was missing hair where it had been pulled from her head.

Monroe was being held on $500,000 bail. The girl’s mother was being held pending charges of endangering the life of a child.

Three other children in the home, ages 4, 5 and 6, were taken in to state custody.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzo...t-clair-county-man-charged-in-abuse-of-child/

==============================

<snip>

"The Illinois State Supreme Court doesn't allow me to comment on the character of a person like this waste of human space," said Captain Steve Johnson, a spokesman for the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department.

The child's mother is also in custody, charges are pending. The sheriff is also investigating previous cases of abuse with the child that were reported to the state but not the sheriff's department.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=197162&catid=3

=================================

<snip>

"How can you describe it other than hell?" Johnson said.

The girl was vomiting, lethargic and going in and out of consciousness when she was taken to Memorial Hospital in Belleville about 10 a.m. Monday. By 4 p.m. that day, the girl, who was in critical condition, was transported to Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis.

On Tuesday, she underwent surgery to remove her bowels and a her intestines. If she survives, she will be on a feeding tube the rest of her life, Johnson said.

The girl also suffered from various other injuries: a broken leg, a broken arm and clumps of hair had been pulled out from her head.

Monroe is being held in the St. Clair County Jail on $500,000 bail.

The girl's mother was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon, though she has not been charged, Johnson said. Police have filed against the mother charges related to endangering the life of a child.

"When mom came home from work on Sunday and the child was vomiting and lethargic, the mother didn't do anything except give the baby Motrin," Johnson said.

Monroe and the girl's mother have known each other since high school. They started dating about four months ago. Police do not know when she moved into Monroe's trailer.

Authorities are investigating whether other children living in the household were abused, Johnson said. There are no signs of injuries at this point, Johnson said.

The Department of Children and Family Services has removed from the family Monroe's 5-year-old daughter, and the girlfriend's two other children, ages 4 and 6.

Monroe's child slept on a bed, while the other three children, including the 2-year-old victim, slept on the floor, Johnson said.

Police also found drug paraphernalia and a pit bull in the trailer.

"It was a complete trash bin inside this trailer. When I searched it, I was afraid to lean on anything it was so disgusting," Johnson said.

The girl's biological father either works or lives in Kentucky. It was unclear whether he has custody of the child, but he is now at the hospital with the girl, Johnson said.

Police also are looking into why the Department of Children and Family Services and Memorial Hospital, where the girl initially was taken, did not contact law enforcement.

DCFS was called to the home last week, Johnson said. The agency was told Feb. 23 about the girl's broken leg, but police were not notified at that time. :furious:

http://www.bnd.com/2010/03/03/1158562/st-clair-county-man-charged-in.html

Yeah, I see how violence begets violence....I wanna yank the egg-donor's hair really hard right now.

I can't tell you what I want to do. Sometimes I'm glad these POSs live so far away from me :(

Ugggggggggh,

Salem

There's a comment here -- http://www.bnd.com/2010/03/03/1158562/st-clair-county-man-charged-in.html -- by fullmoon.

Says the little girl was a preemie, spent most of her 1st year in the hospital & was very tiny & frail.

Prayers for her that someone will finally make sure she's safe & cared for....the who busted her up has now put her in a forever vulnerable position now that she requires the feeding tube.....I don't know why these monsters have to pick on the most defenseless. :(

Can we remove their bowels and intestines and put them on feeding tubes for the rest of their lives? It would be too good for them.

Bowels and intestines removed. She is two.

Is our guess meth? Was that the drug? Cause Mom could function well enough to work and was so far removed from reality that she allowed her precious gifts from heaven to be treated as they were for a MAN.

What was so special about this guy that baby-girl should have gone through this? Really-and I ask this in all seriousness of any of the other mothers out their who chose their man over their child?

I keep having to edit myself....I honestly want to know what was so compelling about this piece of, umm, humanity that it was worth keeping him around to torture her kids.

There's a comment here -- http://www.bnd.com/2010/03/03/1158562/st-clair-county-man-charged-in.html -- by fullmoon.

Says the little girl was a preemie, spent most of her 1st year in the hospital & was very tiny & frail.

Prayers for her that someone will finally make sure she's safe & cared for....the who busted her up has now put her in a forever vulnerable position now that she requires the feeding tube.....I don't know why these monsters have to pick on the most defenseless. :(

Because they are so very, very, very small. the perps. teeny, tiny and worthless.

There's nothing bad enough for the or the mother. NOTHING.

She will never have a normal life, although I am thankful that she will live.
Hopefully the judge or juries will remember that she is not alive through any favors from those that were supposed to be taking care of her.

May she heal and forget them.

i dont give a hoot what drugs they're on.......they put the damn thing in there body, so any actions you can blame on the drugs is there doing anyways.

a 2 year old girl with her life ahead of her now forever on a feeding tube and her mom gives her motrin. great job mom.......fool.

trying so hard not to get a time out or worse on this one

This is horrifying and so close to my home. That poor baby!
I'm so angry! Why wasn't the police notified when her leg was broke? Why didn't the first hospital call the police???

The monsters who inflict the abuse choose weak victims because they are vulnerable. This would never get in a grown man's face. I would bet you anything I own he doesn't ever torment someone that can defend themselves.

What is so special about this that the "mother" would allow this to happen, nothing at all, except his standards are as low as hers, and he will tolerate her.

There is no deep answer to be found unfortunately. Water seeks its own level. This woman should be charged with the EXACT same charges that he his. I say it everytime, but the only thing this egg donor is motivated by is her own needs, drugs or male attention, whatever she defines as her own need. Had she come home and looked at that little girl and KNEW she would face the same charges he is going to do I bet she would have done something more than motrin.

Of course, she probably would have let her die and tried to hide the crime. I don't know how you protect a child from their own mother. It is so counterintuitive and unnatural that I don't how you protect from someone who is suppose to protect and care for them.

This is horrifying and so close to my home. That poor baby!
I'm so angry! Why wasn't the police notified when her leg was broke? Why didn't the first hospital call the police???

The hospital called CPS, CPS probably accepted whatever BS story was given about how it happened and the case was closed. The hospital can't call the police for every child with a broken bone that comes through the doors. It was suspicious enough for them to call the "experts", and they must have decided there was no cause for alarm.

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww, is it me or does this creep look like the John Albert Gardner? Chelsea King's murderer.

OMG, that poor baby girl, god bless her, and the has a bond?? Lock IT up and throw the key away!!!!! Mom too!!!!!!!!! Keep them both away from babies forever!!

Oy - yes. There's something there, fhc.

I'm worried, based on the in-and-out-of-consciousness part that this little girl may have sustained brain injuries as well. I hope not. She will have enough to contend with. :(

God bless this little angel, praying for a miracle for her. Why, why, why do we keep reading about social services investigating and doing nothing and then these precious babies are tortured or murdered. Something has to change.

These cases make me mental with the moms getting slapped on the wrist.

Can anyone please explain to me why if my boyfriend/husband brought an adult stranger into my home, strapped him to a chair and systematically tortured him for three days, nearly killing him, and definitely maiming them for life, and I was aware of the situation, sought no help, and gave the victim a motrin I would absolutely be charged right along with my boyfriend.

But if it is a helpless child that I am by definition responsible for the well being of, eh, maybe we will get a child endangerment charge that they will later drop in exchange for my testimony.

It makes me absolutely mental........

heck impatient..............if he did that to the cat and you did nothing you'd get 50 years

I keep reading about states cutting budgets for social services & agencies that monitor sex offenders.

Things are about to get way worse, I fear, in terms of the number of abuse, neglect & murder of children that we hear about...My stomach aches & my head hurts.

Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world they have no choice.
They have no voice.

ETA: here's an example - state of Iowa

http://qctimes.com/news/local/article_dd52c0b0-273d-11df-b95d-001cc4c002e0.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members