GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

8.35pm: Oslo police have said they suspect the man arrested after the youth camp shooting is also linked to the bombing in Oslo.
Acting Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim won't give any details about the man, who was dressed in a police uniform when he opened fire.
He said police were still trying to get an overview of the shooting at the Utoya youth camp and could not say whether there was more than one shooter.

excellent Guardian coverage here.

From the Guardian link wfgodot posted:

Witnesses who have managed to escape from the island, says to NRK reporters on the spot that the perpetrator had a Norwegian look. He should be between 185 to 190 cm tall and have blond hair.

Anybody have information about Findland's Labour Party? I read that this camp is largely known as the "breeding ground" for its future leaders. I'm in complete ignorance. TIA.

Trying to research it now.

Tabloid coverage:

MASSACRE AT KIDS' CAMP: More than 30 dead as terrorist
opens fire at Norwegian summer camp and car bomb devastates Oslo

*1.30pm: Massive car bomb explosion kills at least seven in Oslo
*3.30pm: Between 25 and 30 dead as man disguised as police officer opens fire on island youth meeting Norwegian prime minister was due to attend
*Eyewitnesses say bodies floating in the sea around the island
*Man arrested on the island was 6ft tall, had blonde hair and spoke Norwegian - reports he was shot and wounded before being detained
*Police fear explosives may have been laid at camp
*Unknown group called 'Helpers of the Global Jihad' said to have posted message saying this is reaction to publication of Muhammed cartoons
*Islands residents told not to reveal their location on Twitter or Facebook
*British Foreign Minister William Hague condemns 'horrific' attack
*Oslo Mayor: 'Wish I were on island to be shot instead of children'
*Police believe the two attacks may be linked and can not say whether there was more than one shooter on island
much, much more, including disturbing pictures, at Mail Online link above

Anybody have information about Findland's Labour Party? I read that this camp is largely known as the "breeding ground" for its future leaders. I'm in complete ignorance. TIA.

Trying to research it now.

Labour Party (Norway) (Wiki)
The Norwegian Labour Party is officially committed to social-democratic ideals. Its parole since the 1930s has been "work for everyone", and the party seeks a strong welfare state, funded through taxes and duties. During the last 20 years, the party has included more principles of social market economy in its policy, allowing for privatisation of government-held assets and services and reducing income tax progressivity, following the wave of economic liberalism during the 1980s. The Labour Party profiles itself as a progressive party that subscribes to cooperation on a national as well as international level. Its youth wing is the Workers' Youth League.

from Guardian link above:
9.07pm: On Twitter runehak, who works for the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, says:

News agency NTB says police do NOT think this is international terrorism. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

and then

Nationen also writes police think its a local variant directed at the current political system. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

9.02pm: According to David Berry, from the department of Political Studies at Swansea University, on NRK in the last few minutes they interviewed the head of police in Oslo and he stated that the gunman was NOT wearing a police uniform, rather a blue jumper which had a Norwegian police badge or sign on it. He also confirmed that the suspect had never worked for the police.

Nationen also writes police think its a local variant directed at the current political system. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

Rendering an attack with a high volume of children even more nonsensical..

Good God, the world has indeed gone crazy; Norway? Really?

I will have all affected in my prayers, and hope that those who organized and committed this vicious, horrific, evil crime be caught and dealt with rapidly and finally.

Best-
Herding Cats

Good God, the world has indeed gone crazy; Norway? Really? Best-Herding Cats

SNIPPED.

The world has gone crazier with targeting young people. 500 teens were at this island camp. Can you imagine sending your child to camp, then finding he/she was injured or dead?
Incredible madman.

I'm really surprised that they took the shooter alive.

From the Guardian Link:

1.38am: ketilbstensrud, who has worked for the Independent and the Daily Mirror, and now works for Radio NRJ Kristiansand, has tweeted this:

Just been directed to what is reportedly the Facebook profile of the Utøya gunman. For obvious reasons I cannot share that yet. Looks crazy. The gunman had his own company, dealing with geofarming, which would explain access to explosives. The Oklahoma bomb was made of ammonium nitrate, which is frequently used in geo-farming. The Utøya gunman has a company dealing with it... The 32 year old ethnic Norwegian national arrested for the Utøya shootings belongs to a right-wing group, reports TV2.

1.33am: AP has this:

A Norwegian police official says the 32-year-old Norwegian man suspected of the Oslo bombing and a shooting at a youth camp does not appear to be linked to Islamist terrorism.
The official says the attacks probably have more in common with the 1995 attack on a U.S. federal building in Oklahoma City than the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
He says the suspect appears to have acted alone, and "it seems like that this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all." He added that the investigation is still ongoing and that things can change.
The official was speaking on condition of anonymity because that information has not yet been released by Norway's police.

Dear God. Didn't Mcveigh even say he wasn't aware the number of children in the Federal Building? This feels like an awful precedent.

Here's ketilbstensrud's Twitter; nothing in last couple of hours though.

Yes, when I heard about the explosion I thought "Murrah Building." I'll never forget seeing that place within a week or so after it happened. My God.

This Norwegian shooter guy at the youth camp (and the rest who participated) are true Quislings. These didn't let the Nazis into their country. But they let them into their souls.

More tabloid coverage from Daily Mail; much more, with picture of alleged Utøya gunman, at link:

The blond Norwegian, 32, arrested over 'holiday island massacre' and linked to Oslo car bomb blasts
The 32-year-old Norwegian man arrested for gunning down children on the holiday island of Utoya has been named locally as Anders Behring Breivik.

Described as 6ft tall and blond, he is reported to have arrived on the island of Utoya and opened fire after beckoning several young people over in his native Norwegian tongue.

Reports suggest he was also seen loitering around the site of the bomb blast in Oslo two hours before the island incident.
---

There are some reports that 80 - 80!!! - people were killed in these attacks.

There is also some thought that he acted alone - meaning, he did the car bomb, and was then able to get to Utoya, and start massacreing there. And there were apparently unexploded devices on the island, too.

Tragic. Terrible. Domestic terrorism is still terrorism, and yes, this reeks of McVeigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong