CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue Posting Here Please.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80023"]Thread # 1[/ame]

Christine - can you move cloudajo's post with the news contacts over here? I think she is the 2nd to the last post on thread 1.

Thanks,

Salem

Dang it! Does anyone know why the FBI would be involved? I don't know what the "criteria" is, but it just seems extreme based on what WE know, so far?

What do u mean .What seems Exstreme I hope u don't mean its exstreme to bring in the FBI I really hope thats not what your saying .If you have seen anything about this young girl its pretty clear she didn't just up and run away, that this is something way more serious. So i hope u mean this case is EXSTREME and that the FBI should be working on this case.

What do u mean .What seems Exstreme I hope u don't mean its exstreme to bring in the FBI I really hope thats not what your saying .If you have seen anything about this young girl its pretty clear she didn't just up and run away, that this is something way more serious. So i hope u mean this case is EXSTREME and that the FBI should be working on this case.

You should probably chill out a wee bit. I have no problem with the FBI being involved, but it's not standard procedure in missing persons cases. I'm just wondering what about this case warranted their involvement.

Jeez....

I dont work for the FBI but iam pretty sure that there involved in the majority of missing persons cases .They simply have to be asked by the LE and in as many cases as i can recall that have made any kinda news exspecially when theres a child involved the FBI would be brought in to try and help. Having said that i do not think i need to chill asking what warrents the FBI to be brought in to this case is rediculious. If anyone goes missing and even more so when its a child every case should warrent the FBI or anyone else that is in a position to help even in the slightest should be used. You asked the question dont get upset when someone awnsers it .

More stories about the white van in Poway.

Could this be linked to Amber's disappearance?

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10072355

Thank you for bringing this up. Did you click on this link that shows various child stalking and abduction incidents in the Poway area (about 30 min south of Escondido)? Six incidents from Jan 27 to Mar 18.

Click on each link to see description of incident, vehicles and suspects. This one below caught my eye. Didn't someone post here awhile back that there was a motorhome parked near Escondido H.S. with 2 males who lived in it, who have since left?

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm
11-year-old girl
Vehile: motorhome.
Suspects: 2 Hispanic males.
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.​

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...215712,-116.840973&spn=0.527347,1.219482&z=10

I dont work for the FBI but iam pretty sure that there involved in the majority of missing persons cases .They simply have to be asked by the LE and in as many cases as i can recall that have made any kinda news exspecially when theres a child involved the FBI would be brought in to try and help. Having said that i do not think i need to chill asking what warrents the FBI to be brought in to this case is rediculious. If anyone goes missing and even more so when its a child every case should warrent the FBI or anyone else that is in a position to help even in the slightest should be used. You asked the question dont get upset when someone awnsers it .

Not to speak for Fairy1, but I think Fairy was just making the point that there might be more to this tragedy than what we are aware, and hoping that maybe more leads are being received. It is my understanding that there is very specific criteria which must be met before the FBI becomes involved in a kidnapping case (for example, evidence that the victim has been taken across state lines). We have not received a lot of details on this case and perhaps people are just wondering what exactly instigated the FBI's involvement...not that anyone is questioning that they should be involved and not that we're not thrilled that they are involved. I think I can speak for everyone on this board in wishing that this case, and all other kidnapping cases, had an immediate and overwhelming response from all LE, FBI included. We all want the best outcome for Leeanne. imo

Edited to add - Sorry Fairy1 - I missed your response! Totally agree.

Cloudajo, I did see the map link. I too, remember someone posting about two males living in a motorhome near the high school ( I think it was at L.A. Fitness).

Thank you for bringing this up. Did you click on this link that shows various child stalking and abduction incidents in the Poway area (about 30 min south of Escondido)? Six incidents from Jan 27 to Mar 18.

Click on each link to see description of incident, vehicles and suspects. This one below caught my eye. Didn't someone post here awhile back that there was a motorhome parked near Escondido H.S. with 2 males who lived in it, who have since left?

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm
11-year-old girl
Vehile: motorhome.
Suspects: 2 Hispanic males.
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.​

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...215712,-116.840973&spn=0.527347,1.219482&z=10

I think this is a very important find, Cloudajo!
Too much of a coincidence to be unrelated. I wonder why LE doesn't seem to be asking for help locating this motorhome? It could be anywhere by now!

Susan

I haven't followed this case too closely but something that happened about a half hour ago made me want to lurk a little closer. I was driving south on 15 near the 8 interchange (about 30 miles directly south of Escondido) and a big Suburban type SUV passed me and in the windows I saw a group of very sullen, sad kids. I thought, 'why do they look so sad, it's Friday, it's sunny outside?' Then I noticed that plastered over the back were big signs about missing Amber. Behind the suv they were towing a trailer, like maybe used for hauling stuff. The trailer also had a sign on it. I suddenly got very sad, like maybe they were schoolmates or friends of hers.

The FBI could have been brought in for a number of reasons, internet usage, crossing state borders, crossing NATIONAL border (which is certainly possible here.) Whatever, it all doesn't look good at this point.

Cloudajo, I did see the map link. I too, remember someone posting about two males living in a motorhome near the high school ( I think it was at L.A. Fitness).

Or ReLay Lady or Invisible. One of the posters that has had the opportunity to go out and search. If I remember correctly, they felt confident that LE knew about the motorhome. The post is probably on Thread 1 - I don't know how to quote from one thread to another. Guess maybe I should learn?

Salem

I just heard about Amber a couple days ago and have been reading through this thread.
I think the white van being linked with various stalking attempts could be a big break.
If that is what happened how did they get Amber into the van without anyone noticing? Especially on a busy street during the morning school rush.

Amber reminds me alot of myself when I was her age. I was shy, introverted, loved animals(still do), avid reader, was not relaly part of the social networking fads of my day, etc. I had very low self-confidence and self-esteem partly because of my shyness it was very hard for me to meet people and I felt like people just didn't like me. When I was 14 I was the pool with my step-sister and we were approached by a 30 yr old man on the other side of the fence. He payed me compliments, he made me feel special, I was naive enough to believe that it was ME and it really didn't occur to me that he was interested because of my age. I talked to him on the phone, I snuck him into my house (what 30 year old man sneaks into a 14 yr olds house? A perverted one). A girl I went to school with who had kinda a reputation heard about this and apparently she knew this guy and man did she let me have it. She really set me straight about what he wanted, how he does this to all the young girls who will talk to him and sure enough a couple days later I spotted this guy hanging out at my Jr. High School talking to girls.
My point is that even 'good' kids can be easily misguided, easily caught up in something that they don't fully understand. I hope this is not the case with Amber. I was very lucky nothing happened with that guy.

Regarding the FBI. This is the official word on the FBI and Missing Persons
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01035.htm

Hey guys
it was definately one of the posters that lives in that area
I think she remembered seeing that motorhome there for quite a while and then noticed that it wasn't t here anymore sometime after Amber was reported missing
I do know that she at least THOUGHT the police knew about that motorhome, but i'm not sure if she actually talked to them or not....
How scary....:(

I haven't followed this case too closely but something that happened about a half hour ago made me want to lurk a little closer. I was driving south on 15 near the 8 interchange (about 30 miles directly south of Escondido) and a big Suburban type SUV passed me and in the windows I saw a group of very sullen, sad kids. I thought, 'why do they look so sad, it's Friday, it's sunny outside?' Then I noticed that plastered over the back were big signs about missing Amber. Behind the suv they were towing a trailer, like maybe used for hauling stuff. The trailer also had a sign on it. I suddenly got very sad, like maybe they were schoolmates or friends of hers.

The FBI could have been brought in for a number of reasons, internet usage, crossing state borders, crossing NATIONAL border (which is certainly possible here.) Whatever, it all doesn't look good at this point.

Oh how sad :( :(

Regarding the FBI. This is the official word on the FBI and Missing Persons
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01035.htm

Great link- I believe that covers the FBI's resources (facilities). The Lindbergh Law allows federal authorities to step in any time state LE has reason to believe a kidnapper has crossed state lines. Its actually pretty expansive, and defines federal kidnapping as even using the mail in furtherance of the crime. Here's the full statute-

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1201.html

It's pretty fluid; if a case seems really tough or a good deal of time has passed, state LE can say they think the child has left the state to call in FBI help. But just to clarify- it doesn't depend on how heinous a crime is, it depends on what the law allows.

Invisible, I hope you don't mind, I pulled your post from the closed thread.

March 11, 2009
Posted by Invisible

[snipped]

One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie