CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since Hassani apparently did have the capacity to wander off, all the more reason to either 1) take him with him into the store or 2) lock the car doors with him inside (assuming a child lock would keep him in there). NOT leave him standing in the alleyway by the store!

See this is why I am not believing the story at this point. As parents, no one is perfect (well I am not), but how many parents would leave their 5 year old disabled child standing on the street/by the car/in the car and walk some distance around a corner and out of sight?? WTH wouldn't you just take both kids with you, they could both walk, you hold one hand each..it's simple to me. If he left him in the car then thats just as bad because on that particular day it was apparently the hottest day of the year in Oakland, you wouldn't leave a dog in your car in that heat so definately not a child. It is just negligent to me IMO.

I don't believe that is what happened, I don't think Hassani was ever there. MOO

Something stinks.....and it's not me I promise. LOL

See this is why I am not believing the story at this point. As parents, no one is perfect (well I am not), but how many parents would leave their 5 year old disabled child standing on the street/by the car/in the car and walk some distance around a corner and out of sight?? WTH wouldn't you just take both kids with you, they could both walk, you hold one hand each..it's simple to me. If he left him in the car then thats just as bad because on that particular day it was apparently the hottest day of the year in Fresno, you wouldn't leave a dog in your car in that heat so definately not a child. It is just negilent to me IMO.

I don't believe that is what happened, I don't think Hassani was ever there. MOO

Something stinks.....and it's not me I promise. LOL

Definitely--and I wonder if it was all planned out that this would be the day that they would pretend he had been kidnapped. The whole scenario was planned.

An AFO wouldn't prevent a child from running or jumping, that could already do so. If anything, it would make it easier.

I wonder if the little guy was really wearing a sweatsuit when he went missing. I thought I had read somewhere that it was really hot in Oakland that day. I wonder what the temps were like a few days prior. Cool enough for a sweatsuit?

ETA: Anyone have a good website for the past weeks weather?

From the last article I posted I know now the brace he wears is the same as my dad wears, due to his foot curling & his arch going out of place from his stroke. It goes 3/4 up to his knees & is plastic shaped under his foot. The rest of it is velcros around to hold in place & all soft material, except for the area around the bottom of his foot.

I hope my description makes any sense to you all. Didn't get much sleep last night...kept thinking about Hassani & all of the other missing little ones not found, or their murders not caught yet. :shakehead:

I'm sure it is the same as another poster explained that their child needed for arch support. It would cause a child to not to be able to run or jump, just from seeing my dad wear his. (Though of course due to his stroke he won't ever be able to that again, but he has proven all the DR's wrong & can walk with assistance of a spotter short distances!!! :clap: )

:angel:

Similar to this, do you mean??

http://www.delatorreop.com/pediatric-devices/body-region:lower-extremity/afo-pediatric-smafo-223/

I'm not Angel, but that would be my guess. It sounds as though her Dad's has a soft upper part though?

There are many kind of variations like soft support, hard support etc, but it gives you a visual of the kind of thing we are talking about.

Easily unnoticeable under clothing though.

There are many kind of variations like soft support, hard support etc, but it gives you a visual of the kind of thing we are talking about.

Easily unnoticeable under clothing though.

Since children are still growing, it's more likely for them to have an AFO like in the link you posted - solid plastic and fitted. They do a casting of the child's foot and lower leg so it fits perfectly.

When I get home later, I will take a photo of the one I have at home. It sounds like Hassani has the same issues as my Son with his achilles tendon.

Since children are still growing, it's more likely for them to have an AFO like in the link you posted - solid plastic and fitted. They do a casting of the child's foot and lower leg so it fits perfectly.

When I get home later, I will take a photo of the one I have at home. It sounds like Hassani has the same issues as my Son with his achilles tendon.

Thanks Carrie, That would be great!!

No it has plastic only on the bottom & a little bit up around his ankle, than the rest of it is all soft material that is held with velcro around his calf. It is a little longer in length, but it is to help get his arch back & to stop his foot from curling up. Not sure if it's the same as Hassani's at all, but it sure does sound like it is similar to his.

I will call my neice A.S.A.P. who is an OT & works with children with Cerebral palsy everyday. I would bet she might know what one he may have been wearing.

I do think his foster dad repeating over & over that he could walk etc., but not run is hinky no matter what type of brace he was wearing.

I have the same feeling that what ever happened to him, it was last week when the neighbor said they haven't seen him since Aug. 6th! :furious:

OT to the posts above me but the picture of Hassani touches my heart.

Have you ever seen such beautiful eyes in your life? Prayers for you Hassani.

Here you go.

It was high 20's to low 30's most of last week. Not sweatpants and sweatshirt weather. IMO

It was 38c on Monday...Yikes!!

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KFAT/2009/8/13/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

This weather is for Fresno, CA and not Fremont, CA. I work about 10 minutes from the Rockridge area and about 30 minutes from Fremont. The weather here in the bay area has fluctuated this whole summer! Crazy weather! Some days it's hot, some days mild. Judging from this weather in August being mostly mild, sweatpants and a sweatshirt around 4pm/5pm in the afternoon sounds about right! I have a six year old who has been in the same attire most of this summer. Hope that helps!

"Some in the Rockridge area said they haven't seen the boy since last week."

-- Yikes! Reminds me of a case here in Colorado - A little girl (Aarone Thompson) was reported missing. Upon investigation, LE finds out from siblings and other family she hadn't been seen in a year and a half!

Ross said he left Hassani sitting in his unlocked BMW

Ross reportedly left him standing beside his car

when he opened the back door, the boy was missing from his car seat

said he left the boy, Hassani Campbell, outside his newer-model BMW

and I said Hassani go wait by the back door

I hate to throw stones if these people are innocent, but just the fact Ross can't keep the first few minutes of his story straight are suspect enough.

Plus, when you look at the pic of the shop, where the car was is highly visible and I'm sure very busy at that time of day. You can't tell me someone could've snatched him without anyone noticing. Not to mention the fact they would have had to do so and completely disappear within, what, two minutes? Hmmmm . . . .

Watching the video of the couple on the couch (posted at the beginning of the thread), I found their body language off. Sure, she was crying and seemed upset, but the way they were lounged back on the couch caught me as being odd. If she really was devastated, I would think she'd be a little more tense and closed up, KWIM?

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_13052778?nclick_check=1

He said he wears orthopedic ankle braces to help shape his feet and can walk without them.

Oakland police began investigating the disappearance Monday after Ross reported that he left Hassani outside his newer model BMW as he dropped off the boy's 1-year-old sister with Campbell at a shoe store — where she works — in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland.

But this article quotes foster dad as saying the child walks without the braces. And he says he left the child "outside
" the car.

I am more confused than ever. Did Hassani have his braces on? or didn't he? Was he at the door? inside the BMW? outside the car?

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_13052778?nclick_check=1

He said he wears orthopedic ankle braces to help shape his feet and can walk without them.

Oakland police began investigating the disappearance Monday after Ross reported that he left Hassani outside his newer model BMW as he dropped off the boy's 1-year-old sister with Campbell at a shoe store — where she works — in the 6000 block of College Avenue in Oakland.

But this article quotes foster dad as saying the child walks without the braces. And he says he left the child "outside
" the car.

I am more confused than ever. Did Hassani have his braces on? or didn't he? Was he at the door? inside the BMW? outside the car?

BBM

My guess would be 'none of the above'.

Missing Boy's Foster Parents Cooperating With Cops
Prominent attorney's advice: Do what they ask
Updated 11:18 AM PDT, Thu, Aug 13, 2009
<snipped>
Ross told NBC Bay Area by phone that he had nothing to do with Hasanni's disappearance and that he and the boy's foster mother have agreed to take lie detector tests.

Ross took the polygraph test Wednesday night but the foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, is pregnant and didn't want to take the test for fear it would harm her unborn child, the Chronicle reported.

Police are not commenting about the polygraph test.

Oakland police searched Joaquin Miller Park but have not said yet if they were looking for anything specific or how close they were to finding the boy.

Hasanni has cerebral palsy and wears braces on his feet to help him walk. The prosthetics, adorned with Spiderman logos, would not be visible because they are fitted just for his feet. While he can walk, Hasani's disability prevents him from running or jumping.

Article:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...r-Parents-Cooperating-With-Cops-53149312.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member