Laciner

At this point the forum seems like a bunch of air molecules randomly bouncing about the room. Many many posts about personality disorders and genetic things that LEK may or may not have had, but nothing about an actual living person (maybe TWO if you could "LISH") whose name was written down in LEK's own hand and locked in her strongbox. And the important sleuthing done on the unusual word or name "LACINER" seems never to have happened.
I wish that LE and/or the author of the Seattle Times piece would chime in. I am pretty sure you are lurking.

The Marfan's and gender change horses died some time ago, so let's stop flogging them. If you do, a gift certificate for mustard will be on the way.

At this point the forum seems like a bunch of air molecules randomly bouncing about the room. Many many posts about personality disorders and genetic things that LEK may or may not have had, but nothing about an actual living person (maybe TWO if you could "LISH") whose name was written down in LEK's own hand and locked in her strongbox. And the important sleuthing done on the unusual word or name "LACINER" seems never to have happened.
I wish that LE and/or the author of the Seattle Times piece would chime in. I am pretty sure you are lurking.

The Marfan's and gender change horses died some time ago, so let's stop flogging them. If you do, a gift certificate for mustard will be on the way.

I understand everyone has personal stuff, but the thread is getting clogged. I am still working on LACINER, and have suggested several things:
LACI NER as two names, the so called stripper that wanted to get away named LACI could be a connection, and NER is a valid last name with people by that last name living in LA.
LA CINER CINER was a very famous costume jewelry company that had stores in LA. Models and strippers wear costume jewelry (and me too, lol)
I followed the trail of the LACINER that moved to the North East with the husband from Turkey, and know the scout troop her son is in and her church affiliation, but do we know if that is the right person, didn't want to post that info without being sure for her privacy. I was not looking for her son, that came to light by accident. I posted all of this stuff, but nobody commented. Really, anything goes because who would have thought our JD would have known a famous model who dated someone from WHAM? I am trying to think out of the box, 80's style, because LA in the 80s was so different.

I found also the address on her ID card that was spelled wrong is actually the correct spelling for an address street only) in Oceanside, CA on the outskirts of the Marine Base there. I used to live right down the highway from there in the 90s.. it has been in the back of my mind there might be a military connection, but that could be the old vet in me connecting dots that are not there. Tons of my military friends in the day dated strippers, if she was in fact a stripper. Really, it would make sense to use a familiar address on an ID since you could recall it quickly. I wonder if she just made up the house number. The neighbor hood looks new, so I don't know if it was even there in the 80s.
I was trying to follow up on the Law firm in Colorado, but trying to read the case law of the two cases mentioned was impossible with my daughter running in and out every two minutes. I know now why I am not a lawyer...maybe we could "dole out" fact finding to people based on their access to info on the sheet. It seems to me the investigator has pretty much ignored the sheet all together. I really doubt he is doing the work on this one, he is pretty high up. He really just "supervises" the work and the newer agents are the investigators. They usually like to "beat feet" or call other agencies instead of doing online stuff. Most offices have a "person" that does that , and they usually have more important cases to work before old stuff. Just giving some insight.
I wish I had access to stuff I used to have access to or stuff my hubby has access to now so I could look up like Lexis Nexus or D@B or even fed files. The ID card could be one of a few. I would get multiples if I was running, like maybe one in Nevada, one in CA and one in Arizona...not a far drive from Cali.
It makes sense that she went to Nevada if she was in LA. It is only a few hours drive, and young people make that drive pretty much as a weekend trip or they did when I lived there. Mexico was a favorite too, via San Diego.
LA and San Diego residents frequent both towns from my experience.

I wonder why she chose Becky Sue as her Identity vs. the other two sisters. Age? Birthday? Name choice?

I understand everyone has personal stuff, but the thread is getting clogged. I am still working on LACINER, and have suggested several things:
LACI NER as two names, the so called stripper that wanted to get away named LACI could be a connection, and NER is a valid last name with people by that last name living in LA.
LA CINER CINER was a very famous costume jewelry company that had stores in LA. Models and strippers wear costume jewelry (and me too, lol)
I followed the trail of the LACINER that moved to the North East with the husband from Turkey, and know the scout troop her son is in and her church affiliation, but do we know if that is the right person, didn't want to post that info without being sure for her privacy. I was not looking for her son, that came to light by accident. I posted all of this stuff, but nobody commented. Really, anything goes because who would have thought our JD would have known a famous model who dated someone from WHAM? I am trying to think out of the box, 80's style, because LA in the 80s was so different.

I found also the address on her ID card that was spelled wrong is actually the correct spelling for an address street only) in Oceanside, CA on the outskirts of the Marine Base there. I used to live right down the highway from there in the 90s.. it has been in the back of my mind there might be a military connection, but that could be the old vet in me connecting dots that are not there. Tons of my military friends in the day dated strippers, if she was in fact a stripper. Really, it would make sense to use a familiar address on an ID since you could recall it quickly. I wonder if she just made up the house number. The neighbor hood looks new, so I don't know if it was even there in the 80s.
I was trying to follow up on the Law firm in Colorado, but trying to read the case law of the two cases mentioned was impossible with my daughter running in and out every two minutes. I know now why I am not a lawyer...maybe we could "dole out" fact finding to people based on their access to info on the sheet. It seems to me the investigator has pretty much ignored the sheet all together. I really doubt he is doing the work on this one, he is pretty high up. He really just "supervises" the work and the newer agents are the investigators. They usually like to "beat feet" or call other agencies instead of doing online stuff. Most offices have a "person" that does that , and they usually have more important cases to work before old stuff. Just giving some insight.
I wish I had access to stuff I used to have access to or stuff my hubby has access to now so I could look up like Lexis Nexus or D@B or even fed files. The ID card could be one of a few. I would get multiples if I was running, like maybe one in Nevada, one in CA and one in Arizona...not a far drive from Cali.
It makes sense that she went to Nevada if she was in LA. It is only a few hours drive, and young people make that drive pretty much as a weekend trip or they did when I lived there. Mexico was a favorite too, via San Diego.
LA and San Diego residents frequent both towns from my experience.

I wonder why she chose Becky Sue as her Identity vs. the other two sisters. Age? Birthday? Name choice?

I too have been exploring the Laciner connection extensively. I am doing my utmost best to "walk softly" so as to not interfere in potentially innocent lives. A strong possibility is the A.L. one. He appears to work in IT professions. *IF* he is the one that LEK referred to on her sheet, it could be that he is an unwitting third-party (ie. I want to order concert tickets and a friend gives me a name of someone to call, who may have a pair, but they only know them by last name. I call said person and tickets are sold.), who has no recollection of what/why/how he was singled out 2.5 decades later. OR! He had some technical involvement in re-establishing her, after all, he worked/works IT and likely has insight on how to minimize any sort of digital crumb trails to evade detection.

As for why she chose BST and not the other sisters? Maybe name preference? Like it was suggested before, maybe try researching if the other sister's identities were used like this too....or if other children who died around that time period? If they/she were harvesting from microfiches, they must have created a laundry list of potential children's identities which they could 'resurrect'.

Yum. Now you have me thinking of Corny dogs with lots of mustard.:giggle: The only problem is not only do I not have any, they're also not on my diet, lol.:(

I've seen some suggest that maybe Laciner is just spelled wrong and with all the other misspellings on the notes list I wouldn't say it was completely out of the question.
Maybe it is just a name that sound phonetically like Laciner. I know I've seen other suggested spellings but one that came to my mind was: Lacener
I'll search that name tomorrow.

ETA: Also maybe the name Lacinar would be worth searching.

I can't help but feel like the Laciner's know something. I wish there was a way to reach out to them without being totally creepy. Has anyone reached out to AL over facebook? I was considering it.

Who are the Laciner's??

Who are the Laciner's??

I don't have all the details, but there was a couple with the last name Laciner that lived near FLEK in Texas. (close neighbors or in the same apartment complex). Since Laciner is not a common last name there is speculation that they could be somehow related to/or knew Lori in the 1990's.

I don't have all the details, but there was a couple with the last name Laciner that lived near FLEK in Texas. (close neighbors or in the same apartment complex). Since Laciner is not a common last name there is speculation that they could be somehow related to/or knew Lori in the 1990's.

Thank you! Someone just mentioned it and I didn't know who.

Yeah kind of an uncommon name. I'm sure they've been interviewed though correct? Not that all witnesses/ people are honest.

Thank you! Someone just mentioned it and I didn't know who.

Yeah kind of an uncommon name. I'm sure they've been interviewed though correct? Not that all witnesses/ people are honest.

We don't know if they have been interviewed.

Because of what we now know about CNA and the numbers on the notes, I think it's likely she was on the phone and was told the name "Laciner". If the person she was speaking with didn't spell it AND being the apparent poor speller that she was, it's likely her first instinct would be to use the letter "S"... LASSiner (not the letter "C"). So my conclusion is... Laciner was either spelled correctly OR she left out a letter OR included an incorrect letter.

Another thought is that it could be L. A. Ciner. While I've found several people with the last name Ciner (including a guitarist from the 70's... Three Dog Night, The American Breed, Rufus), and even some with the initials "L.A."... I'm about to rule it out as I've found no connection (but maybe there is one and someone else can find it?)

L.A. Ciner: a jewelry store in LA. Costume jewelry. I posted this before. Interesting as burlesque dancers usually " frost" themselves in it

There is the 1.85 written above the Laciner word. There was a discussion earlier that 1.85 could be a minimum wage amount for somebody that gets wages and tips (like a waitress or dancer). This is a stretch, but could she have been offered a "free lance" type dancing position (as in off the books) and was making a note of the wage amount and that it was as a free "lancer"?

So in researching "Laciner" I was looking into the 2nd wife by accident. I did not realize there was a 1st. The first wife was KIM (last name starts with W), it is NOT the same person that lives in the North East and is a social worker. I have a jpeg of the divorce records. They were divorced in Texas in 1981 and he married the 2nd wife in 1991. I cant find info on the 1st wife yet, will keep looking. Did anyone else know this?
The 2nd wife has a very interesting background that leads back to Owensville, KY.

L.A. Ciner: a jewelry store in LA. Costume jewelry. I posted this before. Interesting as burlesque dancers usually " frost" themselves in it
The connection might be to the Jeung/Lish notes on the page - Jeung was a make up artist and D'Lish is a Burlesque dancer, very famous.. and Jueng and D'Lish are FACEBOOK FRIENDS... hmmmm ... I think there is a connection, maybe she was stripping with D'Lish or had a "job" modeling or performing with D'Lish and she wanted to know where to get jewelry/make up?? D'Lish has a website as well with tons of history of old shows going way back to the 80's to today.. where she was (what cities, what shows)

So in researching "Laciner" I was looking into the 2nd wife by accident. I did not realize there was a 1st. The first wife was KIM (last name starts with W), it is NOT the same person that lives in the North East and is a social worker. I have a jpeg of the divorce records. They were divorced in Texas in 1981 and he married the 2nd wife in 1991. I cant find info on the 1st wife yet, will keep looking. Did anyone else know this?
The 2nd wife has a very interesting background that leads back to Owensville, KY.
Yes, I had previously posted K Laciner was divorced in 1981

The only intelligible English word that can be unscrambled from all seven letters in laciner is "Carline".
LACINER.. there is the Ciner jewelry which when I googled it came up with LaBrea store in the New York post, store was opened by 2 brothers in 1996 news story, Silay Ciner and Sunay Ciner... Silay has a strong phonetic to L A Ciner... given LEK's poor spelling or spelling errors..they are from Turkery and have addresses in New Jersey and New York.. not sure if any connection- Silay was born Sept 1965...I don't see a connection between them and the jewelry... Ciner seems a fairly common surname in Turkey like another poster had said of Sedat...

Also a deceased MALE Saner last name, born in Arizona (1993) and died in Bakersfield CA (1995).. LEK and BST had ties to Bakersfield CA-.... not sure if any ties to L A Ciner... but the Arizona and Bakersfield CA got my attention...

And spelling CYNER on an immigration list from Havanna Cuba 1954 New York

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back