Madeleine McCann general discussion thread #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate MSM is an important part of getting " facts " in this case - but I would really urge people to take all headlines in the UK tabloids and treat them with caution.

The tabs I mean the Star ( awful ) Express , Sun ( paywall anyway ) and the Mail . They really do follow the line of why let the facts get in the way of a good story

I have no idea if this guy is a suspect or just the Star's latest bit of hack journalism .

If it is an official LE statement then at least you know the source

UK tabloids are a law unto themselves - Levenson has curbed them a bit but foreign nationals - especially dead ones are more than fair game

And anyone who think that Clarence Mitchel is somehow controlling the press and able to manipulate what headlines come out - well they do not simply understand the UK press. They jump to no one and print what they want and only chase circulation so they can sell more ads - profitability is everything -

Why not ruin his reputation too?

He's in good company.

I'd like to see these "POI's" join together in a class action to sue the pants off Team McCann and the papers that wilfully publish these insinuations.

:furious:

BTW that is not the photo I have seen of Disgruntled Dead Employee.

The one I saw was of a Caucasian.

Where did you see the other one?

I appreciate MSM is an important part of getting " facts " in this case - but I would really urge people to take all headlines in the UK tabloids and treat them with caution.

The tabs I mean the Star ( awful ) Express , Sun ( paywall anyway ) and the Mail . They really do follow the line of why let the facts get in the way of a good story

I have no idea if this guy is a suspect or just the Star's latest bit of hack journalism .

If it is an official LE statement then at least you know the source

UK tabloids are a law unto themselves - Levenson has curbed them a bit but foreign nationals - especially dead ones are more than fair game

And anyone who think that Clarence Mitchel is somehow controlling the press and able to manipulate what headlines come out - well they do not simply understand the UK press. They jump to no one and print what they want and only chase circulation so they can sell more ads - profitability is everything -

Why wouldn't LE just comment about this guy?

It's just ridiculous. How stupid do they think we are?

Even more so when you realise not one word has come from LE.

All "sources", anonymous of course.

Who has the sort of pull to get rubbish printed in papers, over and over again in the UK?

Clarence Mitchell does, it seems.

:sick:

What are you talking about? The tractor man news came from Portugal, articles from CdM, written by Amaral's friend who is his court witness..

It is not The McCanns, it is the Portuguese tabloids that started this story and their source is the PJ..

The McCanns said this story is 'pure speculation'

So, how can you blame the McCanns for the tractor man stories.. it is beyond belief.

What are you talking about? The tractor man news came from Portugal, articles from CdM, written by Amaral's friend who is his court witness..

It is not The McCanns, it is the Portuguese tabloids that started this story and their source is the PJ..

So, how can you blame the McCanns for the tractor man stories.. it is beyond belief.

Yes it is par for the course that the mccanns are blamed for anything that appears in the papers. I remember back in the day when people claimed they employed groups of people to go to forums to influence their agenda !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't LE just comment about this guy?

Maybe they should. But the PJ dont as much as we think sit glued to the forums and their job is not to help people like us. They are there to try and solve the case and can't second guess what the papers will do on a daily basis.

How would they know it's pure speculation? I find that to be an odd statement. Why not comment at all?

How would they know it's pure speculation? I find that to be an odd statement. Why not comment at all?

The case is under secrecy law, they know what is happening but cannot comment.

How would they know? Weren't they briefed by the two teams, SY and new PJ teams? So, they do know what is going on.

Maybe they should. But the PJ dont as much as we think sit glued to the forums and their job is not to help people like us. They are there to try and solve the case and can't second guess what the papers will do on a daily basis.

The story obviously came from somewhere. I would think after all that's been published about this guy a clarification needs to be made. It has nothing to do with satisfying us. It has everything to do with the integrity of the investigation.

I think the papers have no clue about the police actions right now.
They get a little info about 'something going on' and they send a investigative journalist in, they pay the source but they are not in a position to know how reliable is the source.

We have seen this when the files came out.. how many false details were published, yes, the papers knew 'something' but they also made up the 90% of their stories.

The case is under secrecy law, they know what is happening but cannot comment.

How would they know? Weren't they briefed by the two teams, SY and new PJ teams? So, they do know what is going on.

Well they did comment. That was my point. Say nothing. Period.

The story obviously came from somewhere. I would think after all that's been published about this guy a clarification needs to be made. It has nothing to do with satisfying us. It has everything to do with the integrity of the investigation.

The story started in Portugal and the UK tabs followed

the journos don't just sit waiting for Clarence Mitchell to phone in tomorrows headline ! - They do go and create the story in some cases.With a daily newspaper they have to get a headline and picture that will sell newspapers -

Who knows where this guy came from - it looks like a leak somewhere from Portugal and then the Portuguese Press got hold and ran with it - did their own digging

That is the price we pay for a free press - they do sometimes hit jackpot though so maybe I am being a tad unfair to the tabs - they do sometimes break big stories

As far as the McCann's saying it is speculation that is as good as no comment

as until we get an arrest or a LE release or public comment then everything is just that speculation pure and simple

The story started in Portugal and the UK tabs followed

the journos don't just sit waiting for Clarence Mitchell to phone in tomorrows headline ! - They do go and create the story in some cases.With a daily newspaper they have to get a headline and picture that will sell newspapers -

Who knows where this guy came from - it looks like a leak somewhere from Portugal and then the Portuguese Press got hold and ran with it - did their own digging

That is the price we pay for a free press - they do sometimes hit jackpot though so maybe I am being a tad unfair to the tabs - they do sometimes break big stories

As far as the McCann's saying it is speculation that is as good as no comment

as until we get an arrest or a LE release or public comment then everything is just that speculation pure and simple

I didn't mention Clarence Mitchell in any of my posts except the pure speculation comment made on behalf of the McCanns which in my opinion was unnecessary if as Haden said about secrecy laws. If it's speculation so be it. This would only fuel the fire for tabloids as it can be interpreted as "perhaps there is some truth" or not.

I didn't mention Clarence Mitchell in any of my posts except the pure speculation comment made on behalf of the McCanns which in my opinion was unnecessary if as Haden said about secrecy laws. If it's speculation so be it. This would only fuel the fire for tabloids as it can be interpreted as "perhaps there is some truth" or not.

didn't mean to say you had mentioning CM - was just answering a few posts and general thread of convo re tabloids

Any decent PR will tell you that the best way to deal with Tabloid exclusives is just ignore it / no comment - If you do try and engage with them it will only end in tears

It is one of the reasons people like the Royal Family very rarely comment in anything that appears in the tabloids - even if it is true/not true/ made up or whatever

didn't mean to say you had mentioning CM - was just answering a few posts and general thread of convo re tabloids

Any decent PR will tell you that the best way to deal with Tabloid exclusives is just ignore it / no comment - If you do try and engage with them it will only end in tears

It is one of the reasons people like the Royal Family very rarely comment in anything that appears in the tabloids - even if it is true/not true/ made up or whatever

Exactly. But the McCanns thought it necessary to comment for some reason which in my opinion feeds the tabloids and they run with it. As an example I can say there must be some truth to it if they acknowledged the story.

Exactly. But the McCanns thought it necessary to comment for some reason which in my opinion feeds the tabloids and they run with it. As an example I can say there must be some truth to it if they acknowledged the story.

Its hardly a comment !! There is reading between the lines etc but to say the story is pure speculation is pretty clear and I cant see how this can indicate that the story is then has some truth ??

the way I read it is that they wont comment on this as it is pure speculation .

but I suppose you see what you see

Good grief. It sounds like the Lisa Irwin case with the stealing and selling of cellphones.

I must admit my family are always swapping and changes their phones it does my head in.

My son in law has had about 4 in so many months.

IT IS like an obsession to keep up with the latest gadgets lol.

So i dont find this unusual.

Yes I read that about the LI case that was as odd a case as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine