IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who watched the Banfield piece on the case tonight? They played the audio clip several times and to me the voice sounded winded.

I watched it. The most interesting part of the interview to me was at the end when Ashleigh Banfield asked RL's attorney if the attorney knows where RL's son and grandson are and the attorney said he did not know and wouldn't tell her even if he did.

100% agree. Exactly.
What do you think they are doing with RL? I don't see how this action on him will flush out the killers. This isn't some local police ruse, it's the FBI at a pretty high level. Why would they say, We can't verify RL isn't the BG at this time?
I am not sure what they are doing with RL. There certainly has been talk here and on SM of RL to BG from before he was popped on the probation violation. It certainly ramped up afterwards. My guess is that he was someone that was the subject of hundreds of tips (from all corners of the globe) and they have to account for that. Just like the same small set of RSOs are likely the subject of several thousand tips that LE also have to account for as well. If we could boil this down to unique names LE has been given (if they would offer the names, of course) we probably wouldn't end up with much more than what they have already acknowledged in terms of interviewing people - which I think they said 70 interviewed (someone can correct) and a dozen searches.

I certainly don't think it is a ruse by FBI and LE but I also don't think that this search of RL's property will get them to the killer(s). FBI and LE, especially in recent times play the percentages game and use investigative checklists and such and don't spend as much time doing the kind of investigating that they are quite capable of doing. The modern techniques take individual thinking out the equation in the investigative process because the checklists are the functional equivalent of an "expert system" of the tried and true process that find the culprits in most cases. This is true in many fields and not just law enforcement. But regardless of the domain, once the checklist leads to dead ends in a case you need to stop using the checklist because you will end up in the same place every time you try to apply it.

I can't find any explanation for why LE waited this long to do the kind of search they just conducted on RL's place if they had the slightest inkling he was involved or knew who was involved or that his home, vehicles, or buildings on the property were used in the commission of this crime. RL had waived his 4th amendment rights. LE would know that the instant they ran him. They didn't need to wait. They didn't even need a warrant.

Of course, I can always be wrong.

Great Big MOO here: both girls had various social media accounts. as i understand it, AW lived within a mile of this place. i believe that it is very possible someone had been watching her for some time. maybe they knew her, maybe they knew her parents, but i think they've been watching her for a while. fixated on her. waiting for the right time. perhaps waiting until she reached the preferred age. if they'd been tipped off by a comment she'd made about her plans for that day made on a social media site, they could have easily prepared for her and LGs arrival. i believe those girls were on the bridge together and there were two men who pinned them on the bridge from either side. by that i mean they easily could have entered the bridge from opposite ends, meeting the girls somewhere in the middle, leaving them nowhere to run. as i understand it, there is no cell phone service on the bridge so it's likely LGs snapchat post was actually uploaded after they came off the bridge. as i continue to listen to the audio it becomes more and more clear to me that the voice says "get down the hill", not simply "down the hill". i believe they knew these girls were coming. i believe AW was the target. and now i feel pretty sick.

Good stuff. Kids tend to broadcast their every move these days through social media. It's dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was the last time LE asked for tips? Their silence is deafening. Even with no updates, shouldn't they still be encouraging the public to send tips, maybe even more so now with the momentum slowing?

I think it's possible that they might have who they need but not what they need to substantiate, DNA perhaps.

All MO.

Great Big MOO here: both girls had various social media accounts. as i understand it, AW lived within a mile of this place. i believe that it is very possible someone had been watching her for some time. maybe they knew her, maybe they knew her parents, but i think they've been watching her for a while. fixated on her. waiting for the right time. perhaps waiting until she reached the preferred age. if they'd been tipped off by a comment she'd made about her plans for that day made on a social media site, they could have easily prepared for her and LGs arrival. i believe those girls were on the bridge together and there were two men who pinned them on the bridge from either side. by that i mean they easily could have entered the bridge from opposite ends, meeting the girls somewhere in the middle, leaving them nowhere to run. as i understand it, there is no cell phone service on the bridge so it's likely LGs snapchat post was actually uploaded after they came off the bridge. as i continue to listen to the audio it becomes more and more clear to me that the voice says "get down the hill", not simply "down the hill". i believe they knew these girls were coming. i believe AW was the target. and now i feel pretty sick.
I agree with your theory. It makes absolute sense. Pinning the girls between two men would allow those men to completely control the situation, especially if one of the men (BG) had a gun. All MOO but your theory seems sound to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have a question. In the second picture. The one of the creek. Is this looking from the bridge in the direction in which the bodies were found? If so, and they crossed the creek as some people surmise, would they have crossed from the right side (looking at the photo) to the left? If so, in my opinion that is totally NOT plausible. There is no way they went up that embankment. It would have been a chore for the most fit person, let alone two teenagers who were being made to do so under duress. I'm not even sure I am looking at the picture correctly, but if I am - I say no way.

I will say... this is the only one they said evidence will take several weeks rather than do not accuse this person- nothing of significance was found. That was said pretty quickly in the other cases. Something is definitely different here.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

At first I thought a beard. Then a few days later I thought rope. Tonight I'm seeing an animal head like a puppy and the puppy moves between shots making the shape of the white part look so different between shots.

Like a morphing Rorschach test. I keep seeing different things and most of the time I can't tell what I'm looking at.

Great job! I was hoping someone would do this. Can you remeasure from the foot that is on the ground? Also, note that he is bent over and his head is down so the measurement would be a minimum height. Therefore a suspect shorter than the height estimate should not be considered. Thank you for doing this.
Just bumping this as some have asked for it again.
The transcript should be available later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When was the last time LE asked for tips? Their silence is deafening. Even with no updates, shouldn't they still be encouraging the public to send tips, maybe even more so now with the momentum slowing?

I think it's possible that they might have who they need but not what they need to substantiate, DNA perhaps.

All MO.

Agreed. That was the one thing that stuck out about the LE interview on HLN this evening. He never asked for tips and only offered short answers. And you can't tell me RL's attorney doesn't know where RL's son is. If he doesn't, he's not a good enough attorney to help RL. All MOO.

Someone may have the time to go back and list all RL's strange word-isms. They do remind me of someone who has been drinking, IMO, and my opinion only. I do kind of feel sorry for the man. Despite that, I also wonder, IMO, who had he made acquaintances with. All in all, if he is willing to talk about that, his attorney should advise him to do so, IMO.
I don't know... It's possible. But I can say with certainty that even if I had no knowledge whatsoever of a crime like this, and the police questioned me, I'd be nervous as hell! Especially if it happened on my property. When I get that nervous I say some weird things. I get so flustered. So could be either, both or neither. Just another perspective.

I sure want to know where the footprints that led to the girls were tracked from. In my head, I always thought along the bank. But I'm wondering if they went right up the property.

Just bumping this as some have asked for it again.

The transcript isn't posted yet. Sometimes it takes HLN until the next morning, but it should show up eventually. I'll keep checking for it.

I will say... this is the only one they said evidence will take several weeks rather than do not accuse this person- nothing of significance was found. That was said pretty quickly in the other cases. Something is definitely different here.

Agreed. There's a sense of urgency missing with these latest developments. Nothing in particular, just the feeling I'm getting all MO.

That's what I'm stuck on, too. As much as I don't want to see any innocent person's life ruined over gossip and a perceived witch hunt, I can't buy into a conspiracy or LE scapegoat at this time.

Why were they quick to tell people not to bother others who were searched and why were only a few (3?) Of the dozen search warrants' details publicized? What would LE's motive be to make comments regarding attempting to clear him or move him higher up as a suspect than previously thought when they were quick to dismiss a connection to residents of the other homes immediately?

I can't help but wonder if they do know who BG is (not saying it is RL) and they knew exactly what they've been looking for at those other homes, which didn't necessarily include one of the homeowners or residents. JMO.

I don't know who BG is but I do hope LE's silence the last couple wks in regards to seeking more tips from the public is an indication that they do. Whether RL is involved or not is not as important as finding who is involved. I don't hope one way or another what type of profile BG and any other perp (s) have - young, middle age, elderly, local, drifter, etc - I just hope that whoever it is, is held responsible and justice is served. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think they have the case wrapped up, I think they know who they are looking at as suspects. If they're smart they're making sure they have an ironclad case with zero wriggle room before they make the arrest(s) and announce it to the public. The quiet while RL is incarcerated is telling IMO. They're just crossing all their T's/dotting all their I's.

Everyone. Here is a very accurate estimated height that I promised.
attachment.php
Bumping this as a few have asked for it again

In previous news links they said that they LE investigators) have talked with RL several times so he was cooperating fully until they did a search warrant on his home/property and threw him in jail for a probation violation.

He is not a dumb man and he knows they may be trying to pin the girls' murders on him. He also may think that putting him jail for a probation violation was nothing more than an excuse to get him away from his home and property. Imo, like they did to Richard Ricci in the Elizabeth Smart case and put him in jail for drinking a beer. It sure took them a long time to do this since this case is over a month old already.

I haven't read that LE said that what HE has said isn't adding up. Does anyone have a link? TIA What I heard is LE said things aren't adding up.

As far as his alibi that would have been one of the first things LE did. They wouldn't be verifying it a month later.

No doubt... if he is totally innocent and has nothing to do with the girls being murdered...he is probably pi&&ed to the max and thinks they are trying to frame him for it. Once this happened of course he would no longer be cooperative like he had been before. It would be in his best interest to obtain an attorney and no longer talk to LE. I am glad he has done so. If they have the evidence to prove he is the one then its on them to prove the case and not him.

I sometimes wonder if they are using these SWs as a way to get the homeowners on other crimes even petty crimes or probation violations since none of them have resulted in anything to do the Abi and Libby's murders but some were arrested for other things. As far as I am aware not one SW once done resulted in anything to do with this case. That is very odd to me that none according to LE have resulted in any involvement in this case with as many SWs they say they have done.

If he is not guilty of these murders the thought that LE can come in his home and look through all of his private belongings would infuriate him to no end if he is an innocent person. I have read many times about when LE comes in to do a search warrant they leave the place in a total mess.

IMO

I am in total agreement with all of what you said. I am from the West Lafayette area, and I have read from a few sources that LE is using the investigation of these murders as a pretext to arrest people on unrelated charges. As a member of this community, I find that to be highly infuriating. We need to find whoever killed those girls, not lock away some old man for drinking a beer. Either LE knows who did it, and are watching them, or they have no idea.

If they are watching someone, I am wondering what the hold up is. Delphi is a small town, and somebody had to have saw something. If LE truly doesn't know who did it, then they darn well had better find out. If people are afraid to talk because these cops are thinking in a predatory manner, then they will never find out who did this crime.

The community here is already looking over their shoulders, and the last thing we need is to have everyone snitching on everyone. If the tips are related to the case, that is one thing, but most of these warrants don't seem to be related to this case. Probably neighbors holding a grudge. We definitely don't need a Salem-like atmosphere in this community. Just my opinion..

Like a morphing Rorschach test. I keep seeing different things and most of the time I can't tell what I'm looking at.

One photo it's very clearly a question mark. An evil taunt

I can understand why people would be hesitant. Since you can't say, I am going to make it MOO that RL was out buying a fish tank the next morning, and he probably got a ride from someone who has since told LE about it and that is how his lie was uncovered. I am not saying that RL is BG, I don't think he is, but I think he may have helped him in some way he shouldn't have and is pretty scared about the situation he finds himself in. I agree they are checking the truck and his house for the killer's DNA which they recovered at the crime scene.
Are you thinking he may have helped knowingly? Or just (for example) the guy that mows the lawn is BG, and when he came back from a break he said, "Hey, RL, I'm really tired, can I get a ride home?" And then RL took him home thinking he was being a nice guy,then sees the news.

Not debating with you, I'm genuinely trying to clarify.

Bumping this as a few have asked for it again

Quick question- when you were trying to reenact on the bridge, was that angle normal? Or was that angle really strange? The angle of his body. I'm not even sure what it will tell me but I keep looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members