CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Almeda Creek looks fairly wide but may not be very deep - do we know if LE searched around this area?

Attachments

• Alameda Creek.png
    Alameda Creek.png
    774.8 KB · Views: 9
Thank you, sarahsgsr. I agree with you. During the video, Ross turns his face to his left and you can see from the way the light was on his face that there were no tears. Not one.

No tears, but lots of anger. Why didn't he ask for help in finding Hasanni, thank people for coming, and plead for his safe return? Not your usual vigil, IMO. He demanded angrily for people to find Hasanni.

Ross seemed to change from crying to anger rather too quickly for my taste.

Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO

Here's a transcript of the linked segment from the raw video from the vigil:

ROSS: That story has been corrected and sent to the news media. So they'll know that they're looking for. If you saw my son you would not necessarily know that he had cerebral palsy. He is not an invalid; he does not use braces to walk. They're basically to shape his feet. So what we're asking is that you . . . if you want to help -- keep our son in the news.

(Breaks down crying) Don't let him become a picture on a milk carton five years later that you never saw. If you want to help, that's what you do. All of you, that's what you do! (tries to compose self)

My son is just like any other boy.

I want to set the record straight for all those who say "Oh, they adopted them. They were trying to make a way for her newborn baby. We ask why did you all care so much?" He was a damn child -- that's why we cared! If we didn't, who would? He sat in foster care for two years. His sister was in foster care for two months. And they sat."
http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

I'll go back and transcribe the video taken in the home.

Great post, YellowSubmarine. I see the same thing out of Ross.

I also think that all of this is not turning out as he had hoped. He probably thought he would have a lot of support from the public and that is not happening.

That was a candlelight vigil for Hasanni and not the place or time for the comments he made.

JMO

I know he is under extreme scrutiny now, but does he have anger management issues?
I think I'd be sad if a vigil for my missing child had such a poor turnout.

Here's a transcript of the linked segment from the raw video from the vigil:

ROSS: That story has been corrected and sent to the news media. So they'll know that they're looking for. If you saw my son you would not necessarily know that he had cerebral palsy. He is not an invalid; he does not use braces to walk. They're basically to shape his feet. So what we're asking is that you . . . if you want to help -- keep our son in the news.

(Breaks down crying) Don't let him become a picture on a milk carton five years later that you never saw. If you want to help, that's what you do. All of you, that's what you do! (tries to compose self)

My son is just like any other boy.

I want to set the record straight for all those who say "Oh, they adopted them. They were trying to make a way for her newborn baby. We ask why did you all care so much?" He was a damn child -- that's why we cared! If we didn't, who would? He sat in foster care for two years. His sister was in foster care for two months. And they sat."
http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

I'll go back and transcribe the video taken in the home.

Thanks for the transcription! My brain was scrambled when I said it wasn't clear what he was demanding, and this shows it was clear he was demanding people to keep his son in the news.

Thank you, STEADFAST!!!!

The only thing about a transcript is that the written word does not reflect the anger and voice inflection of Ross' words.

The good thing about the transcript is that we can see what was actually stated. Thanks!

Marc Klaas expresses concern over LR's changing story:
http://www.kron.com/

I think we can discount any family members taking Hasanni. If he sat in foster care for 2 years without his extended family taking him in, why would they want him now?

Marc picked up on the "ever changing story". If you've had kids you know that when they are fudging a story they embellish to the nth degree and add unnecessary details. We're pretty quick to pick up on it because WE did it as kids.

In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home

- He bragged about how great he is
Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.

respectfully bolded by me.

I know you had someone specific in mind :wink: but the parts that I bolded actually remind me of the behaviors that I have seen out of a great many adults who have murdered or covered up a childs death. JMHO.

My armchair diagnosis that carries absolutely no weight? Self absorbed, self centered and excessive narcissism. Me-Me-Me is the only tune they can sing.

This creek looks to be a fair size - here is a pix of the rail bridge across the creek in Fremont:

Attachments

• Alameda Creek pix Fremont.jpg
    Alameda Creek pix Fremont.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8
respectfully bolded by me.

I know you had someone specific in mind :wink: but the parts that I bolded actually remind me of the behaviors that I have seen out of a great many adults who have murdered or covered up a childs death. JMHO.

My armchair diagnosis that carries absolutely no weight? Self absorbed, self centered and excessive narcissism. Me-Me-Me is the only tune they can sing.

:Banane35:

Jennifer Campbell seemed to be the only one of the two that was working. Ross was taking classes. They had a Beemer and a nice home. I have to wonder how they could have made it financially when Jennifer had to stop working shortly before having their baby. Even if Ross were to have been finished with his courses when Jennifer had the baby, a medical assistant does not make enough to support their lifestyle.

I know Ross and Jennifer had to have been getting assistance from the state for the foster care of Hasanni and the 19 month old, but it still would not have supported that lifestyle, IMO. Something is just not adding up.

Pressers have dropped off and that is not a good sign. Hasanni has to stay in the media and not be forgotten for a 'bigger' story!

Jennifer Campbell seemed to be the only one of the two that was working. Ross was taking classes. They had a Beemer and a nice home. I have to wonder how they could have made it financially when Jennifer had to stop working shortly before having their baby. Even if Ross were to have been finished with his courses when Jennifer had the baby, a medical assistant does not make enough to support their lifestyle.

I know Ross and Jennifer had to have been getting assistance from the state for the foster care of Hasanni and the 19 month old, but it still would not have supported that lifestyle, IMO. Something is just not adding up.

Pressers have dropped off and that is not a good sign. Hasanni has to stay in the media and not be forgotten for a 'bigger' story!

I have always wondered from the beginning about the beemer and the house (pricey) and the child care arrangements - financially none of it adds up unless there is another source of income??

I have always wondered from the beginning about the beemer and the house (pricey) and the child care arrangements - financially none of it adds up unless there is another source of income??

Would have had to be another source of income. I am very nosey - I want to know!

Would have had to be another source of income. I am very nosey - I want to know!

Also--did I read that the house belongs to JC? Okay, this is a 3/4 million dollar plus home (or was..I'm sure the value has dropped since Nov. but it still cost $783k to buy it)--how does a clerk in a shoe store manage to qualify for a loan on this expensive house?
By Nov. of 2008, when the home was purchased (if I read the real estate ad correctly--it was posted by CHICANA in the first thread), banks were not giving out loans like they were during the crazy mortgage boom.

I have a lot of errands today. So I have to sign off for a while.

:praying: that Hassani is found soon. Please don't let him be another child that we have to wonder about for months and years.

In watching the videos from last night, this is what I noticed:

- LR was all about "me, me, me"
- He was angry that people questioned them
- He was mad at how the media is portraying them and that they
are "pestering" them, but gladly invited them into their home
- He bragged about how great he is

Who does this remind us of?

Just seems to me, when a child goes missing, the parents will be the first poi. It's just a fact. If the parents are innocent, they should gladly cooperate and do so as quickly as possible to get the focus off them and onto what really happened. They shouldn't be angry that LE is asking them questions. Instead of blasting media for "pestering" them, they should be using that time to plead for the childs return. All the talk of how great he and JC were for taking them in made me ill. And the talk about how well Hasanni was doing was merely to pat himself on the back. I also noticed more past tense words when talking about Hasanni.
Hmmm...Let's see, there's one that comes to mind, CA. LE asked her where she worked. She told them - they called to confirm and were told no such person worked at their establishment. LE put her in the car, drove her to the establishment. She didn't have the required pass to enter the building, so the guard called her supposed boss.

Lo & behold! The real boss (not the ficticious one she made up) said he didn't know her! The detectives told the guard they'd vouch for her. They entered the building. She led them down a hall and suddenly turned to them and said she didn't work there.

This is one of my favorite bits in the CA saga. I read this in the arrest doc.

So you see, LWR ain't got nothing on CA. She's still in 1st place.

Also--did I read that the house belongs to JC? Okay, this is a 3/4 million dollar plus home (or was..I'm sure the value has dropped since Nov. but it still cost $783k to buy it)--how does a clerk in a shoe store manage to qualify for a loan on this expensive house?
By Nov. of 2008, when the home was purchased (if I read the real estate ad correctly--it was posted by CHICANA in the first thread), banks were not giving out loans like they were during the crazy mortgage boom.

Columbo, I do not understand how they have 1/2 million dollar house and a late model beemer - it is beyond my comprehension. No money for child care arrangements - going to used car pick a part - what is going on???

Here's a transcript of the news video where the reporter went to their house and talked to them. (Sorry that I've probably misspelled Hasanni's sister's name.) There's more to the video after it "leaves" their house, but it's just the reporter talking again about how many people are at the vigil and what the neighbors in Oakland think, etc.
From http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

ANCHOR: It has been one week since five-year-old Hasanni Campbell disappeared. His foster father says that he disappeared from the Rockridge neighborhood in Oakland. And that's where Julie Watts is right now, where a vigil is being held. Julie?

WATTS: Yeah, I'm standing here in the driveway where Hasanni was last seen in this upscale neighborhood in Oakland. A surprisingly small turnout, especially when you think back to other missing child vigils, say, Sandra Cantu, where hundreds turned out. There's about thirty out here right now, not counting the media. And I think some out here are attributing that to the way the Rosses have been portrayed by the media. In fact, I spoke with them earlier today. Spent the day with them, and they told me they weren't even planning on talking to the press tonight because of the way they've been treated. They've had reporters knocking on their door at all hours. What they did do was take us inside their home to give us an exclusive look at what life was like for them just eight days ago.

[VIDEO OF A CHILD'S PUZZLE]

CAMPBELL (crying): It's a puzzle. We don't want to put it back together because he was the last one playing with it. We wanted to leave it out so when he come home he can see it's the same way it was when he left.

WATTS: Fighting tears all morning, Hasanni's foster parents gave us a glimpse into his life before he went missing.

CAMPBELL: He would always say, "Give me a hug. I love you, Auntie. Give me a hug." He was just very affectionate. He would always hug and kiss Alia (sp.) Just a sweet little boy.

WATTS: His favorite books? Where The Wild Things Are and Goodnight, Moon. He was learning the alphabet and writing his name -- things even his teachers didn't think possible nine months ago.

ROSS: When we both went and got the children they were both . . . below standard across the board in everything. Hasanni's teachers thought he could only say one-word answers, responses.

WATTS: Hasanni and his sister Alea(sp) spent two years in foster care before the Rosses took them in. After losing his own parents at an early age, Louis says he couldn't just sit by and watch his niece and nephew grow up without a family.

ROSS: This wasn't a situation that "They're just sitting back collecting money and have this kid that they don't want." No. We fought every step of the way for him.

WATTS: The Rosses can't believe people think they're connected to his disappearance. And they point to the many positive reports from Child Protective Services that say Hasanni and Alea(sp) were thriving in their care.

ROSS: We spent the last nine and a . . . nine months plus giving those children the best environment they've ever been in, according to the Social Services.

WATTS: The Rosses have now been told that even if Hasanni is found, they won't get either child back, something they still have not come to terms with.

CAMPBELL (crying): Couldn't love them any more if I had given birth to them. We love them with all of our hearts. They were born in our hearts and that is where they'll always be, in our hearts.

Columbo, I do not understand how they have 1/2 million dollar house and a late model beemer - it is beyond my comprehension. No money for child care arrangements - going to used car pick a part - what is going on???

None of it adds up.
I wonder, if he was in hot water with his computer company in Maryland, maybe he absconded with some money and hid it in an offshore account or something so he could get out of paying any debts? (I know this is wild and crazy speculation on my part). Because of his poor credit record had to put the house in JC's name, but maybe it actually was his money they used as a down payment, etc??
Really I am only guessing --I apologize if my thoughts are too far out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998