NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read every post/thread regarding Shaniyas case. I do remember discussion regarding growth in NC and some of the members commenting on NC not wanting Shaniya's story shedding a bad light on the state. IIRC those were opnions not backed up by facts/links.

My computer is down right now and it's really hard to search on my phone, but as soon as I am able to, I'll try to dig up info and try to seperate opinion vs fact regarding this issue.

IMO this case was never hushed or swept under the rug. It was one of the biggest news stories of 2009. Court procedings were aired live on WRAL.COM and the story was ran for months on the national networks. That being said, I don't know how anyone can say it was hushed as to not bring negative attention to the state.

JMO

WNC is growing big time...specially Buncombe county

But Fayetteville is not in WNC/Buncombe county. It's almost smack dab in the middle if NC in Cumberland county.

So, I'm confused.

But Fayetteville is not in WNC/Buncombe county. It's almost smack dab in the middle if NC in Cumberland county.

So, I'm confused.

I was confused too. I thought we were talking about Fayetteville. And I was one of those posters who voiced thoughts on how the Fayetteville area is sensitive to crime stats, and also that they have a lot of growth and 'cleanup' (due to aforementioned growth at Bragg and Pope.) But building condos etc to accommodate an influx of 1000's of troops from other bases being closed I don't think really has anything whatsoever to do with Shaniya's case.

NC has a lot of growth over all because it is a beautiful, temperate place to live with excellent golf courses, national parks/natural beauty, world class health care, and world class universities, etc.
It seems a little like saying that Florida is hushing up Haleigh Cummings' case in order to promote tourism.
I mean- people move to Florida because the want to enjoy the sun, the water, and the lifestyle. It's that simple.

Shaniya's case is brought up all the time around here. All the time.

I don't get this approach, I guess.

I don't either. Crime happens in every town/city in this country.

Orlando is one of the biggest tourist places in America. There crime stats are shocking at best. Very scarey.

Does not keep people from going to Disney.

Here is a link to Fayetteville's PD's annual report for 2009. It's PDF and takes a while to load. But, starting on page 27 or so, it breaks down all crimes in Fayetteville, NC for the year.

In case anyone is interested. I was.

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/annualreports/Annual_Report_2009.pdf

Thank you, Kimberlyd.

I hope it is noted that Shaniya is pointed out specifically in the annual report. She is not just a statistic.

I would think that if they were trying to hide or hush this case at all....they would not make specific note of it in the Police Departments Annual Report? Something that they could have easily not mentioned by name.
Many people relocating to new areas will check local PD reports.

<In November of 2009 the community experienced a
terrible crime involving a child. Shaniya Davis was
kidnapped from her residence in Sleepy Hollow Mobile
Home Park. While a task force was quickly formed to
locate Shaniya, the Victim’s Assistance Unit was tasked
with taking notes and maintaining an event log in order
to document events that occurred. Victim’s Assistance
provided support with answering the tips hotline,
documenting tips and logging them into the computer
for assignment to detectives for follow up activities.
Emotions were running high for everyone involved in
this case, as all personnel involved held out steady
hope that Shaniya could be brought home alive.
Unfortunately, this case came to a close as police located
her body and although the outcome was not what was
hoped for, everyone working on the case demonstrated
that they were all very dedicated and professional under
the worst of circumstances.>

I want to see MAM and AD punished to the fullest extent of the law. When I see that, I will be convinced. I am willing (trying) to wait patiently. I have seen alot of corruption and laziness in our govt agencies/law enforcement/legal system. That is not to say that there are not good people out there. I apologize for my cynical and pessimistic attitude. I hope this case will make me believe again!

I want to see MAM and AD punished to the fullest extent of the law. When I see that, I will be convinced. I am willing (trying) to wait patiently. I have seen alot of corruption and laziness in our govt agencies/law enforcement/legal system. That is not to say that there are not good people out there. I apologize for my cynical and pessimistic attitude. I hope this case will make me believe again!

suzyq, I understand exactly how you feel and am not pleased with the corruption and laziness displayed in certain agencies either. And I want AD and MAM to be punished to the fullest extent of the law as well (life in prison for her, death for him.)

I do think it can happen- the waiting is the hard part.
Shaniya deserves it, and our community demands it. We owe it to this sweet baby to not only have those who hurt her and allowed her to be hurt, punished....but also to our society, to prevent these horrible crimes from happening in the future.

I think it will happen. I think it can, I think it can, I think it can.

In the meantime, we'll keep pushing for the playground.

suzyq, I understand exactly how you feel and am not pleased with the corruption and laziness displayed in certain agencies either. And I want AD and MAM to be punished to the fullest extent of the law as well (life in prison for her, death for him.)

I do think it can happen- the waiting is the hard part.
Shaniya deserves it, and our community demands it. We owe it to this sweet baby to not only have those who hurt her and allowed her to be hurt, punished....but also to our society, to prevent these horrible crimes from happening in the future.

I think it will happen. I think it can, I think it can, I think it can.

In the meantime, we'll keep pushing for the playground.

So we are the "Little Engines"! :) Totally agree with you...Thank you!

I feel the same way. Waiting is so very hard but it's part of it. IMO

I just hate to get too sidetracked and negative about what justice will or will not come before the trials.

As for myself, I'd rather think good thoughts of Shaniya while I wait.

Now, if the 2 evil ones get off easy, that will be another story! I will be livid and very upset. I just don't see that yet.

I feel the same way. Waiting is so very hard but it's part of it. IMO

I just hate to get too sidetracked and negative about what justice will or will not come before the trials.

As for myself, I'd rather think good thoughts of Shaniya while I wait.

Now, if the 2 evil ones get off easy, that will be another story! I will be livid and very upset. I just don't see that yet.

I'd rather think good thoughts of Shaniya while waiting also. She was such a beautiful child, and that smile! I really believe she holds a very special place in this community's heart- all of LE knows her, some have her smiling face on their walls, their desks. I know one that has her picture in his wallet.

If AD or MAM get off easy....we'll....rethink a lot of things, I think.

I'd rather think good thoughts of Shaniya while waiting also. She was such a beautiful child, and that smile! I really believe she holds a very special place in this community's heart- all of LE knows her, some have her smiling face on their walls, their desks. I know one that has her picture in his wallet.

If AD or MAM get off easy....we'll....rethink a lot of things, I think.

I continue to think of good thoughts of Shaniya. I just have to remember she is in a better place, and no longer surrounded by the adults who were less than deserving to have been blessed with that beautiful child. It's touching to know she's touched very many people, and that put a tear in my eyes with what you said, knowing some who have her picture in their wallet. I have her pictures as well and smile each time I see them. it's the way I want to remember her.

Shaniya, had to come bump you up but it seems like no one has forgotten you here. You should be starting 1st Grade right about now with that beautiful, shy smile on your face.
Instead we're waiting for news of your murderers trial. :(

You're always in my heart, sweet child. Hope all memories of evil have been washed away and you are looking down upon us seeing only the good in this world.

You are right! I will never forget. Shaniya has changed so many of us forever. Although I never knew this beautiful child, she has changed my outlook on so many things.

Keeping this one at the top ...... I still cannot believe this one.

And this story is probably worse than we can imagine.
There were probably other children abused by these same two people.

I agree. I think MAM most likely abused little girls of drug addicted mothers before. JMO
I think he knew AD would do whatever it took to get her next fix. She didn't care about Shaniya and used her as a form of payment.
They are both sick!!!

I do not apologize at all in fact I go somewhere that I can say exactly what I think about this case. We should get far more coverage and far less postponements.
If you look at stats the longer it takes to bring a case to a verdict the further it is from peoples memory and the verdicts reflect that.
If we are so clear that all there is is MAM and ,Monster Mom WHAT exactly are they waiting for? It has been over one year They are diluting this case IMHO I am not interested in blending in with the crowd, I am not here to make friends I am not here to pacify the corrupt legal system.
I do respect most people, but when it comes to a case like this one, I am not stoking anyone, regardless of anything.
This case should take place already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member