Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i don't think he has a drug problem. I think he wants fame. Everybody gets a lawyer in america, sociopath or not.

Fame is like a drug. Once you taste it, you can't get enough of it.
Seems like JB is addicted to fame.

The problem with their analogy comparing Casey and JB with Bin Laden and Hitler is that IMO Casey only killed one person (that we know of!).

On my way out the door, I noticed that the defense team (the spin-doctors) was comparing KC to the Fugitive show - where no one would believe him. What the heck is happening here? How did this case go from justice for Caylee to sympathy for KC? I'm sitting here steaming in my office (and it's 4 degrees outside) about this three-ring circus and how poor, misunderstood KC is innocent. My blood pressure will be sky high by the time the trial starts!:furious:

I am just not getting the defense strategy. Why would you compare yourselves and the accused to two of the most vile, evil and hated people known to humanity? Not a smart move if you ask me, but I guess it is par. moo

I think the defense strategy is to try to figure out a strategy before the trial starts, LOL

Too funny. The first thing that popped into my head is "Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogy", even though that is more online related.
Lanie

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...k-casey-caylee-anthony-020609,0,2547975.story

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys appeared this morning on NBC's Today Show and compared their client with the lead character from the popular 1960s TV show, The Fugitive.

In that television show, actor David Janssen plays Dr. Richard Kimble. He blames a one-armed man for the murder of his wife, but no one believes him and he is convicted in her death. Kimble runs from the law, but is vindicated in the end.

So now we have a one-armed imaginary Nanny .....

IMO defense is looking for a forum to taint a jury pool and the Today show keeps giving Baez his airtime and the venue he needs to make an impression on any potential jurors out there. He also needs to be on tv to hawk the rights to a dead baby's pictures so he can get paid and keep whatever $$$$$ promises have been made to the dream team. Infuriating to listen to....

IA 100%

JB keeps saying Casey can't get a fair trial anywhere, but will seek a change of venue, but he can't tell us where, because he doesn't want to taint that particular location....... Well JB, keep going on National TV telling everybody this, and YOU might succeed in tainting that jury yourself.

Where does Baden live? It's odd that all of a sudden she's skirting around the country with JB to defend Casey on National TV. They say they're not releasing their defense stradegy until court, but right now, it's fine for them to fly here & there to tell us this? Why not just put out a press release.....

There is something so not right with this case. I just hope one of the great WS's here figure out exactly what this is before trial time, and that the prosecution has every i dotted & t crossed. Before you know it, this whole "dream team" will be appearing on these shows defending Casey, trying to get us to believe it's because they believe Casey is innocent. I don't think so. This defense is costing a fortune and there's no way it's all pro bono because they believe in justice. There's way more to this, we just need to figure out what "this" is :confused:

L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

Casey is innocent and they won't disclose their defense strategy.

They say the forensics that LE is putting forward "may not be science."

Today is NBC.

Wow, Osama's quite a reach!

She's just an ordinary, everyday sociopath who killed her daughter.

Hitler's quite a reach, too. Not sure JB could get a nation to follow him.

Thanks for the link! Everything I've seen so far like Baden saying "They're both hated" supports what I thought before.

I think the defense strategy is to try to figure out a strategy before the trial starts, LOL

Do you think the next stab at a defense will have them comparing KC to Joan Cleaver and JB to Perry Mason??? I'll save them the trouble==that won't work either.

Oh yea there is a thread here already where a poster says NO way is JB Perry Mason! So that myth has already been busted! ha ha

INteresting they would say Osama and Hitler. People hate them for what they DID do. So is he saying she's being hated because she DID do it? They can't be thinking through their comments before speaking and they probably should.

If the forensic evidence isn't science, I guess LKB's husband doesn't really do anything all day huh? THey need to stop this spin. The only person that put KC in jail is KC. I'm still waiting on the REAL STORY from the defense team.

Host: Who is the 'one-armed man' in this case?
Baden: Well we cant talk about that, you have to wait till the case.

Then why did you get on TV?!

INteresting they would say Osama and Hitler. People hate them for what they DID do. So is he saying she's being hated because she DID do it? They can't be thinking through their comments before speaking and they probably should.

If the forensic evidence isn't science, I guess LKB's husband doesn't really do anything all day huh? THey need to stop this spin. The only person that put KC in jail is KC. I'm still waiting on the REAL STORY from the defense team.

She said they have the "public persona" of those crimials, not that they are like them, but people SEE them like that, 'unfairly'.

You beat me to it (Coulter)...I was thinking the exact same thing! Also, with reference to Hitler & BinLaden, I think they're using high impact known terrorist names for the public to remember that they're public enemy #1 (even though Hitler isn't with us anymore). If a lawyer simply states the comparison of KC & JB to being public enemy #1, then whose going to remember that? The public will just laugh. If they remember those names being mentioned as compared to these high profile known criminals, then the public will remember it.

That is exactly my point. Why would you want the public, the potential jury pool to remember you and your client as Hitler and Bin Laden?? Not smart. Just sayin........moo

IMO, the defence has no case, so JB makes up things as they go along..............
great imagination...........but he sounds like Geragos with ScottP. 2 weeks before G
took the case G said SP was guilty.........after G got the case........he said SP is stone cold innocent..........I took that as (stone cold killer) LOL...........same channel different show........IMO

She said they have the "public persona" of those crimials, not that they are like them, but people SEE them like that, 'unfairly'.

Yeah I just saw the video. Did they ever stop to think the public hates her because her child was missing for 31 days and she never reported it and instead partied. Even IF you didn't do it, why didn't you tell anyone she was missing? Large volumes of evidence pointing right to HER. There is no evidence (that's been released yet) that points to anyone else. Everything points to KC.

I understand a defense team should stand behind their client and if she says she's innocent that's what they have to say too. I wouldn't want my defense attorney going around saying he doesn't believe me so I'm not surprised by that. I'm just waiting for the trial because I would love to see how they spin this and try to blame someone else.

When is the next doc dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members