FLOOR-PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home likelihood of this being stranger abduction

LisaFloorplan_5a.jpg

Otto,

Would you kindly try one more thing please, would you remove the steps for now, and just leave the wall there. This would be the wall to frame out the hallway.

I attached a pic and highlighted the area to be removed, and perhaps just put a door or notation that the steps are here, if there are steps at this point.

I can't thank you enough for doing this floor plan. I have been playing with one myself, but clearly, mine is nothing in comparison to yours. You are awesome.

Here's without the stairs ... it's pretty easy to do with architectural software.

LisaFloorplan_6.jpg

There do have to be stairs somewhere, so I think the stairs were probably in the correct area, but more likely they were L shaped as in the last version before removing the stairs.

Does looking at Otto's excellent floor plans make anyone think taking baby Lisa is more possible? tia

Where do the kids bathe? Wouldn't they need a bathtub as well? Wouldn't the full bathroom open to the hallway?

Also, I think the boys and Lisa's rooms might be switched. When watching the video of the reporter, I don't remember seeing 2 bedroom doors when he walked from the kitchen to the computer room. Only one, and I think that was Lisa's room.

Where do the kids bathe? Wouldn't they need a bathtub as well? Wouldn't the full bathroom open to the hallway?

Also, I think the boys and Lisa's rooms might be switched. When watching the video of the reporter, I don't remember seeing 2 bedroom doors when he walked from the kitchen to the computer room. Only one, and I think that was Lisa's room.

otto did a basic floor plan just to give us an idea on the way the house it set up. It was difficult to see how many doors were anywhere as the reporter was going into the computer room, so for now, doors are added just to put them there.

Some of us are thinking that the boy's bedroom is behind the wall of the bigger part of the kitchen. You wouldn't be able to see the boy's door behind that wall.

IN the video, at ~59 seconds, the wall with all the pictures on it, some of us think that on the opposite side of that wall next to Lisa's room, is the boy's room. We are not 100% sure!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-1574...sa-irwin-a-look-inside-the-home-26863873.html

Floor plan is a work in progress.

Bathrooms are only showing a toilet just to distinguish they are a bathroom.

There do have to be stairs somewhere, so I think the stairs were probably in the correct area, but more likely they were L shaped as in the last version before removing the stairs.

I am wondering if there was access to the stairs on the wall in the living room that also has the main bathroom. That would mean the door to the basement was in the living room.

In my previous house, access to my stairs was in the hallway, of which, would be where the door is for the main bathroom.

I sure hope I hear back from ABC.

New video of the house. Starting at 1:33 in the computer room.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844

Now it appears there are three doors to the computer room. See the back wall, there appears to be a door at the back on left perhaps closed off and then an opening at the back towards what we believe to be a hallway.

1:41 in kitchen door on left appears to be the door that maybe closed off.

Also the attorney is going up the stairs ~1:48

Master bedroom shown ~1:55 and I can't quite see a bathroom suite in that room. It appears to be small. Master bedroom shows up again ~2:25

I think the garage is under the master bedroom. The computer room does look like a bit of an add on, but it could also have been two rooms that were opened up into one.

Hi Otto, great job on the floor plan!

I just wanted to add to your comment about the computer room possibly being two rooms opened up into one. I don't believe it's an add on because the brick around the house appears to be consistent and original. I do believe it was a dining area on the front and a bedroom on the back and then the wall was torn down to make a big bonus room.

What I can't figure out is where the back door would have been before remodeling. I assume all homes have a front door and a back door when they are originally built and if the back door we see now is original, it doesn't seem likely that it was a fourth bedroom.

When I first saw the house, I assumed the living room was an add on because of the driveway being on that side of the house. I pictured a carport being where the living room is now. But then that vision doesn't work when I see how you enter the front door because that would mean you basically entered the home and stepped right into the kitchen!

Okay, so I was right...it is a straight wall that Lisa's bedroom door is on. NO HALLWAY going past it. NO DOOR to another bedroom, or to the basement, here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844 (@ 1:41 mark)

In the computer room, there appears to be a room that juts out near the back door (bathroom maybe). The other door you see, near the TV must either be a closet or lead directly into Lisa's bedroom.

No...the boys room is NOT near the computer room. The order of rooms IS what I said it was:

1. Master bedroom
2. bathroom
3.boys room
4. Lisa's bedroom

And you can not get to Lisa's room from the parents room via a hall. There is no hall. You have to walk through the kitchen to access it.

ETA: Oh wait...that door you see in the computer room by the TV is the door to the stairs going down to the basement! You can see the computer room panelling at the top of the stairs! :)

Otto....thanks a lot....love what you have done. It might have already been said, but I
think the front part of the computer room would be a dining area for most families and the rear part would be the den. Have we seen any tables and chairs for eating meals?
Again, thank you.

Lots of updates ... let me start by removing the hallway ... switching the bedrooms ... and stairs off the

The door on the back wall of the computer room....the one like it's in an offset, I think that goes to the deck on the back of the house. The stair entry may very well be right there too, but on the left as you walk to that door.

The door on the back wall of the computer room....the one like it's in an offset, I think that goes to the deck on the back of the house. The stair entry may very well be right there too, but on the left as you walk to that door.

That's my only guess for the location for the stairs as well.

Where are they standing in this video? At about 1:21, they embrace in what appears to be a dining area with access to a large deck. It's on the video of the lawyer doing the walk through but I assume it is a different home since they have not been back to their home, as I understand from media reports.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844

I was wondering that too. Is there a deck at the front of the house?

In the video, when leaving the computer room, there is a solid wall as the lawyer walks towards the kitchen. There is a door on the right - a bedroom. Later, at 2:19, as she enters the baby's room, there is another wall next to the door - on the left - that appears to have a thermostat on it. This leads me to think that the door on the right, when leaving the computer room, is not the baby's room. Also, I agree with the comment above that it does not look like there is a bathroom off the master bedroom, although there is no footage of that corner of the room ... but there is some stuff in that corner of the room that would block a door if it were there.

Work in progress ...

I've removed the deck in front ... I think that dining room shot is from another house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back