TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, this woman C. (for whatever reason) chose to call a different police department than the SMPD which has been mentioned in every news story.

This case has been all over the news almost every day, and yet C. also waited two weeks, knowing she had probably called the wrong police department? See what I'm saying?

She said in the article that she didn't call because she thought it was a domestic situation. (And if you'll note, I already said back when this first broke that I didn't understand why she didn't call police immediately when she saw Gail looking like she wanted to talk to her. Later, I said maybe I did understand because there is so much weird stuff going on at the trails that she might not have thought much about this particular incident.)

C said later, when she saw the news articles that showed Gail's picture -- which, IIRC, didn't appear until about May 6 -- she then called LE.

I don't know where you're getting the waiting two weeks thing, I haven't heard that in any news articles. Also, why do you think she KNEW she called the wrong police department? When no one returned her message, she called a friend at that same "wrong" police department. I don't think she knew it was the wrong place at all, it doesn't make any sense to be blaming C for deliberately calling the wrong LE agency.

I don't think I've seen this addressed, but if so, sorry for the repeat.

Did the witness who described seeing Gail in her jeep several times on Big Fork, ever mention or confirm that she saw the Life is Good wheel cover, or the EAZY ST tag? It seems like this would have been very compelling evidence that it was indeed Gail.

If the sighting was 04/30/11, it was so early on that it seems unlikely the cover and unique tag would have already been ditched.

snipped...

MP said to Gail that he was filling for Divorce. Then why kill her?

I idly asked myself the other day "why do spouses murder instead of divorcing" and my husband suddenly threw out a bunch of ideas:

- History of physical abuse/control issues which escalate to murder.

- They're already mad at their spouse for something, so murder is revenge.

- They don't want to lose money in a divorce and/or they want to inherit their spouse's money instead of lose access to it.

- They don't want criminal activity revealed in a divorce case.

- They're not thinking clearly because of some substance issue.

- They don't want to have to deal with their ex after the divorce.

FWIW, we were talking about the case of the elderly woman who had five previous husbands, all who died, many suspiciously. I can't remember her name, but it was in the news recently.

I just checked and via US-127 it's about
18 mins / 10.36 miles from Gail's house to Big Fork Road..

Do we know for certain Gail was seen at Ace with the dark haired woman and do we know what time the phone pinged at the base of the mtn on the 30th?

As far as I know, the Ace Hardware thing has only been reported on Facebook and is not in any media sources or confirmed. I just did a Google News search and couldn't find any mention of it.

The ping of the phone was on May 2nd at 5:00 PM per the timeline, which says it was the WalMart area cell tower phone ping.

Would someone please advise where MP's mother's home is ? Is it a complex in Signal Mountain?

I find a lot of these disappearances of wives, girlfriends etc have linkages to the male partner's mother's residence - in and around etc - so perhaps LE should be looking up and around the mother's home / area as well? Just a thought.

I don't think we can sleuth MP's mother -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I seem to recall some info about her residence being posted but then deleted a few weeks ago.

snipped...

FWIW, we were talking about the case of the elderly woman who had five previous husbands, all who died, many suspiciously. I can't remember her name, but it was in the news recently.

It was Betty Neumar and she just passed away at 77.

Never charged with any of the deaths.

I just read an article in today's newspaper about this old lady who has been accused of killing all of her husbands. Now LE states they will be investigating her death....

BBM
Exactly what I say to my wife every time we see one of these cases!
In terms of money and splitting assets - guess they truly believe they will get away with it...

A redflag I've noticed (mentioned this before) is that whenever there is a divorce in the works and the husband wants or is fighting for custody of the kids after which the wife goes missing - the husband is one responsible.
No idea why husbands so intent upon getting custody turn out to be murders (when their wives then go missing)... control freaks? money cheap skates?

I agree for the most part, but do we know that Matt was going to fight for custody of the kids? I don't remember reading this.

Of course, I suppose if he is going to say his spouse is crazy, and back up that claim, he pretty much would have to try for custody.

I don't think I've seen this addressed, but if so, sorry for the repeat.

Did the witness who described seeing Gail in her jeep several times on Big Fork, ever mention or confirm that she saw the Life is Good wheel cover, or the EAZY ST tag? It seems like this would have been very compelling evidence that it was indeed Gail.

If the sighting was 04/30/11, it was so early on that it seems unlikely the cover and unique tag would have already been ditched.

I was asking the same question. If the witness did see it, that info did not appear in the media. Those details seem pretty obvious--I think I would have noticed, but some people don't look at license plates etc.

Would someone please advise where MP's mother's home is ? Is it a complex in Signal Mountain?

I find a lot of these disappearances of wives, girlfriends etc have linkages to the male partner's mother's residence - in and around etc - so perhaps LE should be looking up and around the mother's home / area as well? Just a thought.

Hi Funnygirl (love that movie)-the posters are correct; we dont sleuth non players in a case like this. I get your point, and I would be interested in your theories, but it wouldnt be fair to put MP's mother into the spotlight by posting her location etc.

Can you tell me, generally, about your beliefs regarding a situation like this?

snipped...

I idly asked myself the other day "why do spouses murder instead of divorcing" and my husband suddenly threw out a bunch of ideas:

- History of physical abuse/control issues which escalate to murder.

- They're already mad at their spouse for something, so murder is revenge.

- They don't want to lose money in a divorce and/or they want to inherit their spouse's money instead of lose access to it.

- They don't want criminal activity revealed in a divorce case.

- They're not thinking clearly because of some substance issue.

- They don't want to have to deal with their ex after the divorce.

It seems like in so many of these cases there is a replacement for the wife waiting in the wings. I think all of the above ideas from glorias' husband factor in, and if there is a replacement waiting, it must seem easier to a muddled mind to kill the old wife. I don't understand it. There must be some sociopathic traits in the mix.

The idea that they don't want criminal activity revealed in a divorce is so true but almost makes me laugh; "criminal activity," whatever it is, pretty much pales in comparison to murder! He truly must believe he can't get caught. But I guess the thought processes get all messed up and the husband could come to such a conclusion.

It seems like in so many of these cases there is a replacement for the wife waiting in the wings. I think all of the above ideas from glorias' husband factor in, and if there is a replacement waiting, it must seem easier to a muddled mind to kill the old wife. I don't understand it. There must be some sociopathic traits in the mix.
The idea that they don't want criminal activity revealed in a divorce is so true but almost makes me laugh; "criminal activity," whatever it is, pretty much pales in comparison to murder! He truly must believe he can't get caught. But I guess the thought processes get all messed up and the husband could come to such a conclusion.

You would think if there was a new woman waiting and the husband did away with the old wife, what would make the new one think he would not do the same to her when someone new came along? No way would I be with anyone who could not explain what happened to the current/former spouse - but that is just me. By explain I mean proof and not just them telling me their story what ever that ma be.

You would think if there was a new woman waiting and the husband did away with the old wife, what would make the new one think he would not do the same to her when someone new came along? No way would I be with anyone who could not explain what happened to the current/former spouse - but that is just me. By explain I mean proof and not just them telling me their story what ever that ma be.

I know! I guess they think they are going to be the exception....I suppose the women who married Henry VIII thought the same way!

...Or else they are involved in committing the crime, too....:(

snip
However, they did go out and look around there. And from reading on FB, it would seem they also responded to the report of a bad odor on Insurance Bluff, which turned out to be a dead dog. So that's actually two times they responded out there.
snip
This case has been all over the news almost every day, and yet C. also waited two weeks, knowing she had probably called the wrong police department? See what I'm saying? It's not just the SMPD who may be at fault here. Everyone knows that Gail is from Signal Mountain, so I just don't understand all this confusion about whom to call. :cow:

It doesn't seem that hard to know where to call because it's on the flier and included in almost all the news reports. Also C would seem to be long-term-local (a street back there bears her family name) and so should know her way around. What I have the most problem with is why the news report now, when police are finally investigating?...I can see it as a shout-out when no notice was being taken of the report, to do it now seems so strange!

I haven't followed Gail's thread. If this is already posted please disregard or alert for a mod to remove. I am doing some other work and stumbled across this:

http://www.waka.com/news/7874-new-clues-appear-in-search-for-missing-tennessee-woman.html

New Clues Appear in Search for Missing Tennessee Woman

Written by Tamika Bickham
Tuesday, 14 June 2011 09:46 pm

witness in Tennessee who only wants to go by the name Carol says she saw Palmgren driving her 2010 red Jeep Rubicon between 4 and 6:30pm on April 30th at Insurance Rock on Signal Mountain.

details at link.

AD is and has been in Alabama for quite sometime now.She has not been up to TN for almost 2 weeks now.So plz know, the strange vehicle C says she is seeing is not AD.

Thanks Sleuthy1! I was just going to comment on that since I talked to AD this afternoon. She is definitely NOT in TN right now and hasn't been, as you said, for almost 2 weeks.

Also, these people could easily make her car disappear either by painting it or hiding it.

Sign me up for this discussion.

Or sending it to a chop shop to be taken apart for parts. When our truck was stolen in the late 90s, LE told us that by the time we found out about it, it was probably a couple hours after the fact and that it was probably in a chop shop in the city by then--never to be seen again.

Btw, never did see that pretty red & black truck again.

BBM
Exactly what I say to my wife every time we see one of these cases!
In terms of money and splitting assets - guess they truly believe they will get away with it...

A redflag I've noticed (mentioned this before) is that whenever there is a divorce in the works and the husband wants or is fighting for custody of the kids after which the wife goes missing - the husband is one responsible.
No idea why husbands so intent upon getting custody turn out to be murders (when their wives then go missing)... control freaks? money cheap skates?

I talked to a friend of mine for many years who is on the police force in the town where GP and I grew up. I asked if he had heard about her disappearance, since there are flyers at his station. He said, "tell me no more. The husband did it." My response, "huh?" Friend, "in 90% of the cases, they are the ones responsible."

Interesting perspective from an LE officer unrelated to this case, IMHO.

I talked to a friend of mine for many years who is on the police force in the town where GP and I grew up. I asked if he had heard about her disappearance, since there are flyers at his station. He said, "tell me no more. The husband did it." My response, "huh?" Friend, "in 90% of the cases, they are the ones responsible."

Interesting perspective from an LE officer unrelated to this case, IMHO.

BBM...IMO.. He may not have done it himself but I'm inclined to believe he had it done......My heart hurts for Gail's family of origin, her children and her friends...JMHO

It doesn't seem that hard to know where to call because it's on the flier and included in almost all the news reports. Also C would seem to be long-term-local (a street back there bears her family name) and so should know her way around. What I have the most problem with is why the news report now, when police are finally investigating?...I can see it as a shout-out when no notice was being taken of the report, to do it now seems so strange!

This is total speculation, but could some local people have erroneously thought that LE didn't investigate enough and pushed to have this reported? C herself says that she had a phone interview and then went out to show LE the places she saw the Jeep, so it doesn't really sound like she is the one saying LE didn't do enough. Yet there is a sort of overall tone of LE not following up on the alleged sighting of Gail, not so much here but elsewhere.

I hope it's okay to say this, but I saw on another site that there were people who really hoped to get on television when this sighting by C was reported. It was a little unseemly. It made me wonder just exactly what the motivation for getting this story out there was. JMHO

BBM...IMO.. He may not have done it himself but I'm inclined to believe he had it done......My heart hurts for Gail's family of origin, her children and her friends...JMHO

Thank you. I know for me, as a friend for 30 years, it is getting increasingly harder to stay positive. Everyday brings some new twist or turn that I just cannot believe. This is such a complicated mess that Gail somehow ended up ensnared in and it doesn't belong in real life; only on TV or in the movies.

When I watch my favorite cop show *coughbluebloodscough* (can I say that?) by the end, I am always yelling at the TV for one of the officers to help me find Gail. My husband says, "you do know that these characters aren't real, right?" My response, "yes, but this mess is straight out of TV and can't be real either, right?"

Please help us find Gail Marie! Thank you for all of your interest in her well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member