Task forces keeps searching for missing teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeumayer

Reaction score
New article from the Colorado City Record: http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/12/task-forces-keeps-searching-missing-teen

"Hailey’s family has not made it easier for the department either, with Billie moving several times and leaving no forwarding address or phone number where the police can reach her if and when they find Hailey.

The PD even gave Billie a phone for maintaining contact after Dunn’s personal cell was seized, but Dunn disconnected the phone."

"Hailey’s family has not made it easier for the department either, with Billie moving several times and leaving no forwarding address or phone number where the police can reach her if and when they find Hailey."

"The PD even gave Billie a phone for maintaining contact after Dunn’s personal cell was seized, but Dunn disconnected the phone.
“To my knowledge she’s never called this police department,” Tinker said, although he said Dunn has used other people to do her talking for her."

=====================================================

Well, I think that excerpt pretty much sums it all up.

Although several people close to the case have been arrested on other charges, no charges were filed for child *advertiser censored* found on a confiscated computer because the matter is out of the Colorado City police’s jurisdiction. No child *advertiser censored* was found at the Dunn home and Shawn Adkins’ cell phone is still in analysis.

“There was a bunch of deviant stuff, but no *advertiser censored*,” Alexander said.

Thank you for finding that Jane...( I am going to post it on the SAR thread for perusal too, hope you don't mind?)

I have no words fit to post in regard to BD...poor dear Hailey...if only she COULD be found I swear I would petition for custody, if at all possible.

I am really tired, and depressed, not exactly thinking coherently, but I think that is a pretty good article in summing up the last year, IF all the info is accurate.

It mentions polygraphing RSO's, something I do not recall seeing before.

snipped-
"Task force members are still working in different parts of the country, including Mexico, on different aspects of the case."
I find this VERY interesting.

and even more so, the last 8 sentences....
off to ponder on them.

oh please, let Hailey be found soon...I'd say come home...but where is home for her now:anguish:

I can't believe it's been a year. I
Wonder how her brother is handling all this.

"Hailey’s family has not made it easier for the department either, with Billie moving several times and leaving no forwarding address or phone number where the police can reach her if and when they find Hailey."

"The PD even gave Billie a phone for maintaining contact after Dunn’s personal cell was seized, but Dunn disconnected the phone.
“To my knowledge she’s never called this police department,” Tinker said, although he said Dunn has used other people to do her talking for her."

=====================================================

Well, I think that excerpt pretty much sums it all up.

If she wanted to call LE to talk about the case, she would call the sheriffs department, not the CCPD. So I don't why they are surprised she hasn't called them.

snipped-
"Task force members are still working in different parts of the country, including Mexico, on different aspects of the case."
I find this VERY interesting.

Even more interesting is the next bit where he says that the task force can be back in the room in half an hour, which means that the only people still on the case are in CC.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/dec/25/gone-a-year-colorado-city-teenagers-disapperance/

GONE A YEAR: Colorado City teenager's disapperance unsolved, though hope for a break in the case remains

Authorities say they will solve Colorado City disappearance

Posted December 25, 2011 at 11:11 p.m.

The article states...Almost a year has passed, and there are no answers. But law enforcement officials believe the case will be resolved — some say within a year.

Why would they say...within a year? This is odd to me for some reason.
The article goes on and this statement....

Detective Kelsey Alexander, the Colorado City policewoman who took the call the day Hailey was reported missing, has been the lead investigator on the case since the start.

"Nobody hides forever, eventually everything comes to light. One day we'll have definite answers, and every day we're getting closer," she said.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot....what does that mean????????

This case is so sad. I sure wish there would be a break. Had to think that who ever done something to her is getting away with it. Hard to believe her parents have just up and moved away too.:(

I can't believe it has been almost a year. I followed a missing person case close to home many years ago; but Kyron and Hailey's cases brought me to Websleuths. I can't believe that Hailey still has not been found and that justice still lingers in her case. I do NOT believe that she left on her own; and I am terribly sad that some "people" go on with their lives as if nothing has happened. I have the hardest time with the fact that two certain people were known to be sneaking around and partying soon after she disappeared. As if they do not have a care in the world. I just will NEVER understand! Hailey, I know that your spirit is in a better place, but I sincerely wish that your earthly remains could be buried with dignity.

Always thinking about you Hailey. Where are you?? Please give a sign.

I wonder if the cell they 'gave' BDwas being monitored ;)
If it had her old phone number and if she returned it once she disconnected it.

I hope and /or wish the 'task force' would go back to BD's car, where ever it is, and double check it and even use HRD dogs on it (I can't remember, Oriah, if that is a possibility after this length of time) AND also go over the house and yard/shed AGAIN

I did not see this posted thought I would come here and post for you all.

Officers with the Colorado City Police Department were north of town Thursday morning, following a recent lead in the Hailey Dunn case. Chief of Police Roy Owens said the lead turned up no new clues in the case, calling it a "bitter-sweet" development.

http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2012/01/new-lead-followed-hailey-dunn-search

ABILENE, Texas -- After months of little organized effort to find missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, cadaver dogs were out Thursday searching a property north of the town.

Many viewers called KTXS Thursday after seeing searchers on private property near the airport.

KTXS immediately traveled to Colorado City to find out if officials discovered anything, and officers said they came up empty handed.

The tip involved dreams, but no matter how far fetched, Roy Owens, chief of Colorado City Police, said authorities check into all tips about missing teen Hailey Dunn.

More: http://www.ktxs.com/news/30200444/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member