IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I assume the purse was lost on the way to CR's? Because it was first found before 3 am, and if that is correct, that was on the way to CR, and not on the way back.

Question.. Am following along here via mobile so am not able to open all links so am going strictly on snipped posts from articles for now..

A little confused on the keys/coin purse..

Lt. Parker says the keys were found later during the day Friday in a gravel lot across from apt complex that CR and JR live in..
Then we have the Amin guy stating that he found Lauren's purple coin type purse with a gold key.. And that he found it at 3am(which supports her having lost it on the way to CRs rather than on the way back).. He says he did not take the pouch with him but rather just picked it off the ground and set it on a railing assuming whomevers it was they'd be back to retrieve it..

Are both of these stories correct and are both of these items at two different locales both Lauren's?

One other strange thing did I read correctly that Amin says that he has yet to even give his account of the happenings to LE? So did he turn over purple pouch amd just not tell how or where it was found?.. Or was he saying he has yet to even turn in the coin purse yet??

TIA to anyone who could help me in my moment of confusion..

It seems that Amin saw the purse on a sidewalk near a building around 3am that same morning. He didn't pick it up assuming someone would come looking for it. About 3 hours later his friend noticed it was still there and picked it up and set it on a railing. Fast forward to later in the day (Friday), I think searchers probably came across the same purse and turned it in. (The video I watched did say it was found on a railing.) I heard it as near a building that was across from a gravel lot. I think it's possible that Amin didn't think anything of it until he saw she was missing and that a coin purse was found, maybe then he put 2 and 2 together. Hopefully by now he has contacted the police.

In an article it says the purse was found about 100 yards from CR's building. By looking at the images, I'm estimating that is the building diagonal from CR's building. The longer of the 2. 100 yards is about the length of a football field, so that seems most likely.

B-town...I would check the railings on those 2 buildings in the bottom right corner of your yellow area. Can you tell us if those are residences? Also, any info on where Jesse Wolff lives? So awesome to have you in the area!! THANK YOU!!

I thought the person who found them said they were found on a sidewalk and his roommate picked them up and put them on the railing?? I wonder if that was the sidewalk on College St.??

Spierer was seen a short time after that heading north towards Rossman's building, police said. Her keychain was found the next day near an alleyway behind a building about 100 yards from Rossman's building.

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

Thanks, this clears up the keys being dropped on the way toward CR's.
However, in reading this article, it raised a new question as there appears to be a conflict in statements of what the CVS witness says MB told him vs. JR.
the CVS witness says that MB said he saw LS walk down the street. If JR was just 2 doors down, MB would be lying. It is JR that said he saw her walking down the street isn't it? So how could both of them see her leaving the same building and walking down the street at least an hour apart. Something is wrong here. Also in this article CR is very adamant to point out (despite his memory loss) that HE was NOT the last person to be with her. She may never have left that building alive.

Thanks for the support guys, for lack of any other "feet on the ground requests" I'm headed out to go look for the handrail.

I know - I know. Pics or it didn't happen.

:seeya:

Great job Btown, you certainly deserve a shout-out! :blowkiss: When you find the handrail, could you also photograph the camera that saw her there, from the angle of the rail, as LE said her coin purse was found at the last place she was seen on camera. Thanks!

I wonder if she ever really made it to CR's apt, or did something happen in that alley, he hurt her or she died from the stress on her heart in an attack. He panics, gets his buddies to help, and they concoct the rest of this story that hasn't made much sense. After 3am is when she was last seen on camera, and it was around 4:30am when JR says he saw her round the corner back to her apts. That's about 1 1/2 hrs to do something, if she never made it to CR's apt. I'm guessing that JR gives that time because he/they would have an alibi from that point.

All JMHO and all that.

I'm back from looking around the area between Morton, 11th, & College. I was mainly looking for the handrail. Below are some pics. I'm not much of a photographer, so its not much, but its all I can do to help find Lauren at this point.

I've updated that area of my original "map" to help clarify some things.
dfdn43.jpg

5 North Apartments 11th & Morton
1tkepd.jpg

Back side of 5 North, from Gravel area.
15g89dz.jpg

Back of Apartments between 5 North, and 11th & College.
34s58hv.jpg

Back of Apartments between 5 North, and 11th & College. Back of 11th & College. Dr. Office.
otkcg4.jpg

Gravel Lot, Handrail, 10th & College Village Apts. 10th & College Apts. Security Cameras.
25kn0a1.jpg

I'm back from looking around the area between Morton, 11th, & College. I was mainly looking for the handrail. Below are some pics. I'm not much of a photographer, so its not much, but its all I can do to help find Lauren at this point.

I've updated that area of my original "map" to help clarify some things.
dfdn43.jpg

Great job! Looks like her keys were found quite out of the way! That's not in between the alley and his apts at all. More like they fell during a struggle or as she was being carried away....maybe to a nearby vehicle.

You did great, Btown! The area looks so different compared to the three year-old google satellite images I've been viewing.

Btown, it looks like from the images available, you should be able to see that handrail in the gravel lot from Morton? Did you look around on that street near the gravel lot for any buildings with cameras? I know we're asking a lot. 1 set of eyes for all of us. :)

Has the building under construction been thoroughly searched?

This is awesome work btown!
Also please add to my list of earlier questions...

How much traffice would be on N. College at 4:30am?

Traffic that early on a Friday Morning is extremely light. I would be suprised to see 10 - 15 cars an hour. Just down the street at 10th & College is the Waffle House. There is usually a policeman eating there late at night.

Also btown... would it be possible to mark of where people heard screams or an arrow pointing away from where people heard screams, like where was the homeless guy by the railroad tracks in relation to this?

I am not aware of this story. Could you pass on some info about it? There are RR tracks across the street 1/2 block from 5 North Apartments. I looked around there while I was just out, but I would like to look more tomorrow, even though its reported to have been searched.

Just catching up again, sorry if this has already been posted.

They say Mike Beth complied with the DNA request...no mention of whether the boyfriend or the other guy did...(JR)

Has the building under construction been thoroughly searched?

Yes. Its been searched.
The construction crew has been working there all week. She would have been found there. No question.

Great place to do something to someone at night though.

As far as I understand, the keys were not found out of the way at all. What I find interesting is that apparently she is seen on camera going to CR's but there are no images of her going back? Is that correct? Which would mean she would have to take another route back? Do we know which route she presumably took?

I'm assuming it's been well searched as well, but I was thinking the woods behind the ReStore would be a good place to look at.

Btown, it looks like from the images available, you should be able to see that handrail in the gravel lot from Morton? Did you look around on that street near the gravel lot for any buildings with cameras? I know we're asking a lot. 1 set of eyes for all of us. :)

Yes you can see the handrail from Morton. The 10th & College building has some cameras. I have marked where the cameras are.
However, they are pointed at the alley running between 10th & 11th, and the alley between College and Morton.
The direction they are pointing would not show the handrail or gravel lot.
25kn0a1.jpg

I'll look closer tomorrow for some cams on Morton facing the lot, but today I didn't see any security cams that show that area.

Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.

I'm assuming it's been well searched as well, but I was thinking the woods behind the ReStore would be a good place to look at.

Heh, I was just there with 2 other people. Great minds eh?
Scared the heck out of 2 bunnies. Saw some tire tracks in the grass, leading to the woods.

I'll probably take a better look tomorrow, and the RR tracks that run behind the ReStore also.

Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.

She supposedly was taking a different route, turning S on College at 11h IIRC. Look at the blue line in Btowns first pic, it depicts the route as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie