GUILTY OR - Laramie Torres for child sexual abuse, Medford, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100212/NEWS07/2120355

Police arrest rape suspect after getting a tip on Facebook

"A Facebook tip led to the arrest in Pennsylvania earlier today of a Medford, Oregon man wanted on rape charges.

Laramie Torres, 35, was arrested in Erie, Penn., on a fugitive warrant charging him with 10 counts of first-degree rape and 10 counts of first-degree sodomy. Medford police allege Torres sexually abused a girl over the last several years. The abuse reportedly began with the girl was 11 years old and continued until she was 15.

Torres was indicted on the rape and sodomy charges on Nov. 22, but fled the state to evade capture.

In response, family and friends of the victim started a Facebook page dedicated to collecting tips leading to Torres' arrest. A tip from a man in Michigan led police to Pennsylvania, where it was discovered Torres signed his name to receive a utility service, said Dan Gray, who helped create the Facebook page and now has legal custody of the victim......."

more at link....

How about that? Now we're talking.

Oregon, Michigan and all leads to Erie, Pa. Lord knows how many other people are hiding out up there.

Glad they got this guy.

I'm liking this idea.....a lot.

Me too. FB can be used in a positive way. I hope more victims/families go the FB route. I am so happy that another is off the street.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100901/NEWS07/9010344

Man arrested after Facebook tip pleads guilty to rape

"A Medford [OR] man who fled to Pennsylvania to escape warrants charging him with 20 counts of child sexual abuse was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of first-degree rape.

Laramie Torres, 35, was sentenced this morning by Jackson County Circuit Court Judge Tim Barnack after admitting to sexually abusing the victim over several years, beginning when she was 11 and continuing until she was 15.

Several of the victim's and Torres' family members in the courtroom wept as Torres offered his guilty pleas and apologized briefly for "the situations that happened."

Calling Torres' apology "not enough" and his behavior "atrocious" and "reprehensible," Barnack expressed praise for victim's courage in coming forward.

"You abused the situation. You abused her. You stole her innocence. She was supposed to be a child," Barnack told Torres...."

more at link

"A Medford [OR] man who fled to Pennsylvania to escape warrants charging him with 20 counts of child sexual abuse was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of first-degree rape.

Laramie Torres, 35, was sentenced this morning by Jackson County Circuit Court Judge Tim Barnack after admitting to sexually abusing the victim over several years, beginning when she was 11 and continuing until she was 15.

Several of the victim's and Torres' family members in the courtroom wept as Torres offered his guilty pleas and apologized briefly for "the situations that happened."

Calling Torres' apology "not enough" and his behavior "atrocious" and "reprehensible," Barnack expressed praise for victim's courage in coming forward.

"You abused the situation. You abused her. You stole her innocence. She was supposed to be a child," Barnack told Torres...."

more at link
The creep gets eleven years?!?! Eleven years for first degree rape of an eleven year-old that continued for four years. It's sickening!

more at link

Too bad they didn't keep him up in Erie and put him in that one prison up there. What's the name of it again?:waitasec:

I know. I know. I just had to say it Izzy.

11 dang years. Then again it was just "situations". Errrrmmmmmm, no dude it was the rape and brutilization and mind waarping of a child for four years.

Maybe he'll have to write a diary while he's locked up. I knooooooow, Izzy.
I'll say some Our Father's.

Filly--I knew the "situation" would get to you just as it did to me. I know Judge Barnack to be a reasonably soft-spoken judge. I don't think he was impressed with the man's hesitancy to take responsibility for the "situation".

For those not in the know about Oregon, it's not up to the judge, the sentences are state mandated. Trust me, there's been an improvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back