Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell, Wednesday, 12/17/08

you're right fk - i think they just blew off kmt...they were too zoned in on the cell phone pings. But i'm not bashing them by any stretch...they were up to their eyeballs in alligators at that point...literally....that and the media, and everything else.

ita !

Jane just said there were clothes in the bag with Caylee.

It can be complained about forever, but the question is, what difference would it have made? The only difference would be that her body would have been less decomposed as opposed to Thursday, but it would not have changed her fate.

Fingerprints will tell if anyone moved the body (I hope) but Jesus Christ, LE had nothing to go off of, neither did any of the searchers..

Caller asking about the area around the airport, where the cross was at JB Park, etc.

video showing GA carrying out LAWN BAGS, putting out the trash today. Wonder if they are from the same roll ???

Kind of a shame tho that they didnt drain the water back when Kio mentioned this area to them - the baby could of been found sooner and laid to rest by now- hmmmm Cant understand why they didnt

This thread HOLDS the same standards as the Nancy Grace thread and the rules set concerning negative postings in ALL threads.

If you do not like Jane's reporting, please feel free to check out the other threads on the board.

Talking about LA, forcing LE to subpoena him for fingerprints...does that imply guilt ? Prosecutors will look carefully at that.

Kind of a shame tho that they didnt drain the water back when Kio mentioned this area to them - the baby could of been found sooner and laid to rest by now- hmmmm Cant understand why they didnt

I'm sure they would have if they'd had any indication that Caylee's body was there.

It can be complained about forever, but the question is, what difference would it have made? The only difference would be that her body would have been less decomposed as opposed to Thursday, but it would not have changed her fate.

Fingerprints will tell if anyone moved the body (I hope) but Jesus Christ, LE had nothing to go off of, neither did any of the searchers..

They interviewed KMT early on Daily....she stated to them specifically, that if Caylee were dead, and KC did it, she would have buried her in the woods by Hidden Oaks Elementary. She specifically told them that early on. They had that to go on, but chose to dismiss it in the throes of getting all the other interviews done and following up on the cell phone pings to direct their search efforts. No, it wouldn't have changed her fate, but it would have been much better for them to have searched that area earlier. No stones are being thrown at LE -- they had and still have their hands full with this case. :moo:

You're right FK - I think they just blew off KMT...they were too zoned in on the cell phone pings. But I'm not bashing them by any stretch...they were up to their eyeballs in alligators at that point...literally....that and the media, and everything else.

probably correct. They followed what they felt was the stronger evidenciary trail. The cell phone pings. Which in 20/20 hindsight they probably should have paid more attention to those that knew her and less to high tech toys.

But remember these questions are being raised in hindight. LE was following what they believed to be the most likely trail of KC. They were hampered by quite a number of things, not the least of which are KC herself and some now rather apparent moves at misdirection on the part of her family. (does anybody honestly still believe the GA saw Caylee on June 16th?)

The concern I would have with them using those big truck pumps is if it sucked up any evidence in the process, it could have damaged or destroyed evidence. A child's bones are so fragile and tiny...

Hurricane Fay was mid August and the investigation at that point was "barely" 4 weeks in. LE was still interviewing people, and gathering information. It's easy to say "why didn't they do this and that" but when you look at the thousands and thousands of documents that were released, they were still looking for an alive Caylee. This case was a scrambled puzzle with many pieces of other puzzles within.

Very, very difficult case for LE to put together.

probably correct. They followed what they felt was the stronger evidenciary trail. The cell phone pings. Which in 20/20 hindsight they probably should have paid more attention to those that knew her and less to high tech toys.

But remember these questions are being raised in hindight. LE was following what they believed to be the most likely trail of KC. They were hampered by quite a number of things, not the least of which are KC herself and some now rather apparent moves at misdirection on the part of her family. (does anybody honestly still believe the GA saw Caylee on June 16th?)

You're right about hindsight. I think the most important thing is the "lessons learned" that could be taken away from this:

- Always take heed and then take action on what those close to the suspect tell you..
- Listen to the suspect, when they say "close to home"

this is a good lesson for LE and Searchers alike.

Now talking about other contents of garbage bag. Sheets or clothing or something else that was used for covering.

The concern I would have with them using those big truck pumps is if it sucked up any evidence in the process, it could have damaged or destroyed evidence. A child's bones are so fragile and tiny...

Very good point both of you. KC has done nothing but throw lies into the mix that sent them on wild goose chases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back