Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to read about what happened to your daughter. It makes no sense to me at all, and is maddening, that a 60 year sentence can be reduced so severely and I can totally see where you are coming from with the effect this could have on your daughter. But I don't think you are saying that she could turn this anger towards a man's family member, another young girl, to get revenge in such a catastrophic way.

And also while any abuse of a child is abhorrent and should not happen, if the incident that resulted in the charges was limited to unwanted and unlawful touching one time which a child was able to report immediately - he had not so undermined her ability to get help with threats or other methods to keep silent, there wasn't other dynamics at play that enabled the abuse to go unchecked. I assume the emotional fallout would be proportional. I think I read her father was "visited" immediately by family members, that's the kind of retaliation that seems reasonably motivated, versus the kidnap and potential murder of a 15 year old girl.
I can see your points.
However...what if we throw into the mix a victim/relative of victim that is also a psychopath or sociopath?
Not only would there be a motive of revenge, but there would be an additional factor...deviant behavior.
And... This type of perp may want to hurt the dad in the WORST possible way..which is to take his "baby" from the dad, and in the most heinous way.

This is just a thought...and JMO

I am with some of you, they need to be looking in Freedmont. Someone drove up and had a good reason for her to get into the car and when she did, things went terribly wrong. No one throws out the cell phone and backpack unless you are trying to keep LE from finding you and her.

Revenge is a strong motive in my book, but so is lust.

I am with some of you, they need to be looking in Freedmont. Someone drove up and had a good reason for her to get into the car and when she did, things went terribly wrong. No one throws out the cell phone and backpack unless you are trying to keep LE from finding you and her.

Maybe she had no intention of going to school that day...but I would think her intentions would show up on a phone line, cell or computer. Since Fremont is a different area code, it would be recorded in a land line.

They must have some info that they're holding back that makes them look in the areas they are.

Maybe she had no intention of going to school that day...but I would think her intentions would show up on a phone line, cell or computer. Since Fremont is a different area code, it would be recorded in a land line.

That is what it sounds like to me, packing cloths, means more than school unless there was some thing at school she would want to change cloths for. I think this person was off limits and there may not be anything on line. It could have been face to face with each inter-action.

The reason has been discussed on many threads here . Marlene's B/F job is in MH so they moved to be closer to his job. And from I have heard Sierra would come up to Fremont to visit her Dad on weekends.

(bbm)

This contradicts what someone upthread posted this morning or last night (I'm not sure which post because this is turning into the longest thread ever).

There was speculation that one of Rick's employees from his construction business could be a possible perp, but someone posted that Rick's job is in Fremont.

So now I'm confused because I actually think a construction worker as the perp is a viable possibility.

Have there been any PICS of her boyfriend? How long has he been in Morgan Hill?

Are you talking about Marlene's boyfriend, Rick Gardiner? Yes, I've seen photos of him at some of the vigils. I have no idea how long he's been in Morgan Hill.

My daughter has a degree in Criminal Justice and is taking forensic technology classes. She also has a class on serial killers that we discuss. Some very sick people.

Congrats to your daughter, you must be so very proud of her!! And you are absolutely right, there truly are monsters among us!! People really don't know how many mosters there are walking around us every day.

I pray that Sierra is found, safe. I have a terrible feeling in my tummy that she is not -and it makes me so sad. She is such a beautiful girl...:(

My daughter has a degree in Criminal Justice and is taking forensic technology classes. She also has a class on serial killers that we discuss. Some very sick people.

Tell me about it. I had one that would eat the glasses of his victims. There is weird then there is the bizarre.

Predators worm there way into kids lives. If the BF had friends you have to check them out. If there were teachers that were cool and kids loved them, you have to check them out. Any coaches, team leaders, anyone around your kids that they felt were not strangers have to be checked out and that includes now, her old school and places she went and had contact with older men or neighbors.

Sierra just started this new school in October. She was in Fremont since August. I wonder why she was pulled out of that school. Since her mother travels to Fremont, I don't get it. Was her mother keeping her away from a boy or crowd by putting her in Morgan Hill? If not, I don't understand her reasoning...and I don't think she is going to say.

Caligram - I shouldn't have called out your post like that I am sorry. I did think the story was weird but should have kept that to myself. I am sorry.

Really frustrated that there is no new news. The news stations have nothing to say anymore either.

If Sierra isn't found, no one will ever know who took her, which will just compound the tragedy of her being gone, as there won't be any resolution, or any knowledge gained to try to prevent future similar crimes. As the search leads into Easter weekend, reminds me again of Holly and how searches for her pretty much came to a halt for whatever reason, after Easter Sunday. Many of us thought it was because something important was found and that LE would be on the trail of the abductor soon...and yet a year has passed and we know nothing more about whoever took Holly or what became of her than we did a year ago. Please don't let this be the case again.

I have great sympathy with LE in missing persons cases, as what are they to do that they do not usually at least try? They have to search where the person was last seen, if they have no cell records or pings or witnesses to direct them elsewhere. Anything else is just random searching and there is always a chance of injury to searchers. In Sierra's case, with her items being found, they have to completely clear all of the surrounding areas before moving on...but moving on to where? I fear this case will soon become one of "searches with new leads only", like Kyron's and Holly's and many others. While pings and computer technology are a great blessing to LE, if they are not available for the particular missing person in a way that is helpful, LE is really not much better off than decades ago...JMO
(except of course better searching equipment and better-trained personnel, I should add)

Sadly, I think this is a very good reminder to all of us to be VERY careful who we permit to have contact with our children, and to constantly reinforce that to them at every age. I was kept on a very short leash growing up, and now I'm so glad I was. My parents "screened" and re-screened everyone who had contact with me. I was constantly questioned, and now this all makes sense. At the time, of course, I was supremely annoyed with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam